Review of Black Panther stink of SJW BS

Why all this about the release of a movie that happens to portray a black man as a super hero? Doesn't this thread show just how fucked up and racist many whites still are. All up in arms over a black fictional character. We can't even make up something without you punk ass white racists running your mentally unstable mouths. You pricks can make up a man of steel , STEEL mind you, that can fly, a man who is like a bat, a man who can live under water, a woman with superhuman powers that flies, A man who runs so fast he flames up, a man made of rocks, another man mad out of rubber, a man who can turn into a spider but we can't make up one character without hearing all this dumb ass white bread bullshit.

"We can't even make something up"? Were you involved in the creation of Black Panther? Are you Stan Lee or Jack Kirby? :p

Also, I'm wondering what characters you are talking about here. "A man who runs so fast he flames up," is that a mashup of Flash and the Human Torch? A "man made out of rubber," is that supposed to be Plastic Man or Mr. Fantastic? "A man who can turn into a spider," is that your description of Spider Man? :lol:

Yeah, there are some racists who can't deal with a mostly black Marvel movie. That's an unfortunate reality.

Don't play silly white boy sematic games with me Montrovant. And you know exactly what I was talking about when I was describing characters.

Semantics are race related now? :rofl:

Actually, I do not know what you are talking about. I don't know of a comic book character that "runs so fast he flames up." The Human Torch doesn't run fast, but he does "flame up." The Flash and Quicksilver run fast, but they do not "flame up." I don't know of a comic book character that is a "man made out of rubber." Mr. Fantastic and Plastic Man can both bend and stretch their flesh, but aren't made out of rubber. I also don't know of a comic book character that is "a man who can turn into a spider." There are various versions of Spider Man, but he doesn't turn into a spider, he just gained powers from a spider bite which are somewhat related to spiders.

Just to be clear, Superman isn't actually made of steel, and Batman isn't "like a bat," assuming those are the characters you were talking about.

You didn't address the question of who the "we" is that made up Black Panther. Stan Lee created the character with Jack Kirby. Stan Lee also created Spider Man, and they created Mr. Fantastic, and the Human Torch, and the Thing. ;)

Your seeming ignorance about comic book characters has nothing to do with race. :lol:

To be fair, all of the characters you've described could have existed. There are and have been thousands of different comic book characters, with various writers and story lines. You might have meant Man-bat instead of Batman. There might be a story in which one of the various speedsters burst into flames from the friction of their movement. One of the many magic-based characters may have turned themselves into a spider, or one of the various shape-shifting characters may have done so. However, I doubt that is where your descriptions came from. :)

He apparantley made enough sense for you to easily understand as I did which characters he made reference to.

I believe that his point was that all of the other characters exist in the imaginations of their creators, but as soon as a black oriented character is brought to life in a movie, and even though irs fantasy, in the ignorant small minds of far too many, the character is "based on Black supremacy" or "the ratings of the movie were biased"..
Or some other silly BS that obviously undermines the emotional fragility of some of the ignorant bigots who post here.

That is what I believe he is stating.

That's fine, but that doesn't change the various mistakes in the descriptions of those characters. Nor does it make pointing out those mistakes somehow based on race.

And I believe the movie ratings and US revenue probably did have some degree of "bias," although I don't think that's a good word for it. Rather, I think that at least some of the reason a portion of the audience and critics watched and enjoyed the movie is because of the racial makeup of the cast/director. I feel the similarly about Wonder Woman: some of the audience and critical acclaim for that movie I believe comes from the main character being a woman and the director being a woman. Both movies were pretty good (I think Black Panther was better), but if they weren't milestones of a sort, I don't think they would have received quite the same degree of acclaim. Some people enjoy the movie (or enjoy it more) for its social impact. :dunno:

The idea that Black Panther is based on black supremacy is, of course, ridiculous.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
Why all this about the release of a movie that happens to portray a black man as a super hero? Doesn't this thread show just how fucked up and racist many whites still are. All up in arms over a black fictional character. We can't even make up something without you punk ass white racists running your mentally unstable mouths. You pricks can make up a man of steel , STEEL mind you, that can fly, a man who is like a bat, a man who can live under water, a woman with superhuman powers that flies, A man who runs so fast he flames up, a man made of rocks, another man mad out of rubber, a man who can turn into a spider but we can't make up one character without hearing all this dumb ass white bread bullshit.

"We can't even make something up"? Were you involved in the creation of Black Panther? Are you Stan Lee or Jack Kirby? :p

Also, I'm wondering what characters you are talking about here. "A man who runs so fast he flames up," is that a mashup of Flash and the Human Torch? A "man made out of rubber," is that supposed to be Plastic Man or Mr. Fantastic? "A man who can turn into a spider," is that your description of Spider Man? :lol:

Yeah, there are some racists who can't deal with a mostly black Marvel movie. That's an unfortunate reality.

Don't play silly white boy sematic games with me Montrovant. And you know exactly what I was talking about when I was describing characters.

Actually, I do not know what you are talking about. I don't know of a comic book character that "runs so fast he flames up." The Human Torch doesn't run fast, but he does "flame up." The Flash and Quicksilver run fast, but they do not "flame up." I don't know of a comic book character that is a "man made out of rubber." Mr. Fantastic and Plastic Man can both bend and stretch their flesh, but aren't made out of rubber. I also don't know of a comic book character that is "a man who can turn into a spider." There are various versions of Spider Man, but he doesn't turn into a spider, he just gained powers from a spider bite which are somewhat related to spiders.

Just to be clear, Superman isn't actually made of steel, and Batman isn't "like a bat," assuming those are the characters you were talking about.

You didn't address the question of who the "we" is that made up Black Panther. Stan Lee created the character with Jack Kirby. Stan Lee also created Spider Man, and they created Mr. Fantastic, and the Human Torch, and the Thing. ;)

Your seeming ignorance about comic book characters has nothing to do with race. :lol:

To be fair, all of the characters you've described could have existed. There are and have been thousands of different comic book characters, with various writers and story lines. You might have meant Man-bat instead of Batman. There might be a story in which one of the various speedsters burst into flames from the friction of their movement. One of the many magic-based characters may have turned themselves into a spider, or one of the various shape-shifting characters may have done so. However, I doubt that is where your descriptions came from. :)

He apparantley made enough sense for you to easily understand as I did which characters he made reference to.

I believe that his point was that all of the other characters exist in the imaginations of their creators, but as soon as a black oriented character is brought to life in a movie, and even though irs fantasy, in the ignorant small minds of far too many, the character is "based on Black supremacy" or "the ratings of the movie were biased"..
Or some other silly BS that obviously undermines the emotional fragility of some of the ignorant bigots who post here.

That is what I believe he is stating.

That's fine, but that doesn't change the various mistakes in the descriptions of those characters. Nor does it make pointing out those mistakes somehow based on race.

And I believe the movie ratings and US revenue probably did have some degree of "bias," although I don't think that's a good word for it. Rather, I think that at least some of the reason a portion of the audience and critics watched and enjoyed the movie is because of the racial makeup of the cast/director. I feel the similarly about Wonder Woman: some of the audience and critical acclaim for that movie I believe comes from the main character being a woman and the director being a woman. Both movies were pretty good (I think Black Panther was better), but if they weren't milestones of a sort, I don't think they would have received quite the same degree of acclaim. Some people enjoy the movie (or enjoy it more) for its social impact. :dunno:

The idea that Black Panther is based on black supremacy is, of course, ridiculous.

IM2 gave a very general desription of the characters that he mentioned, but the fact is that they were close enough to be understood.

He also freely admitted that he is not a fan of comic heroes, as you or I may be.

For the record, I have a comic book collection of close to 1000 issues that dates back to 1958, of both DC and Marvel characters.

I know every character, what their powers were and how they have been marketed in today's environment in a much smaller world based on social media.

If you acknowledge that the film is not a a "black supremacist conspiracy" or has in someway benefitted from biased ratings, I'm fine with that.

Last edited:

In this case semantics are all about race. I quit reading comic books 45 years ago. I'm not really all that worried about having great knowledge of cartoon characters. And I am not going to answer or address your stupid ass question. The fact remains that we are here with white people bitching because some people decided to make up a black fictional character with superpowers just like whites have done for years. That's the point of my posts. Understand?

I'll assume you don't want to address the question because you don't want to admit a mistake, or because it goes against your racial narrative.

How are semantics about race in this case? The semantics are about comic book characters, regardless of the race of those characters (or their creators, for that matter).

Yes, there are idiots who don't like the idea of a mostly black super hero movie. I already happily admitted there are racist fools who cannot accept a mostly black Marvel movie.

If you're going to use a bunch of examples of comic book characters to make a point, it might be good to have some idea of those characters before listing details about them; otherwise, you end up with the silly descriptions you gave. ;)

I didn't want address the question because I felt it was stupid and unnecessary. The semantics became about race when you decided to ask the question about we. What did that matter montrovant? So what if I said we can't make up something? What was the big deal about that comment? Because Stan Lee is white? That was irrelevant given the bitching was about the black panther, a black super hero. To me the character descriptions were good enough. If Katsteve understood, that means a human who was not out looking for something find fault in what I was saying could understand what I meant. Now don't come to me with that silly ass it goes against your racial narrative bullshit in a thread started by someone who had a problem with a movie because it was about a black super hero..

In this case semantics are all about race. I quit reading comic books 45 years ago. I'm not really all that worried about having great knowledge of cartoon characters. And I am not going to answer or address your stupid ass question. The fact remains that we are here with white people bitching because some people decided to make up a black fictional character with superpowers just like whites have done for years. That's the point of my posts. Understand?

I'll assume you don't want to address the question because you don't want to admit a mistake, or because it goes against your racial narrative.

How are semantics about race in this case? The semantics are about comic book characters, regardless of the race of those characters (or their creators, for that matter).

Yes, there are idiots who don't like the idea of a mostly black super hero movie. I already happily admitted there are racist fools who cannot accept a mostly black Marvel movie.

If you're going to use a bunch of examples of comic book characters to make a point, it might be good to have some idea of those characters before listing details about them; otherwise, you end up with the silly descriptions you gave. ;)

I didn't want address the question because I felt it was stupid and unnecessary. The semantics became about race when you decided to ask the question about we. What did that matter montrovant? So what if I said we can't make up something? What was the big deal about that comment? Because Stan Lee is white? That was irrelevant given the bitching was about the black panther, a black super hero. To me the character descriptions were good enough. If Katsteve understood, that means a human who was not out looking for something find fault in what I was saying could understand what I meant. Now don't come to me with that silly ass it goes against your racial narrative bullshit in a thread started by someone who had a problem with a movie because it was about a black super hero..

You seemed to be saying "we" to mean blacks made up Black Panther. I find that to be a silly statement because Black Panther was made up by a couple of white guys (or a couple of Jewish guys, if you prefer). That doesn't mean I agree with the people saying Black Panther is about black supremacy, or any of that crap, just that that particular point isn't a good one.

Ditto with the comic book character descriptions. Completely separate from any argument about race. I would bring that up no matter what subject someone might have been discussing, because as a comic fan, I find those descriptions to be not just wrong, but funny. I mean, "a man who can turn into a spider" as a description for Spider Man? :lol:

Maybe it was stupid and unnecessary to address my question. You know what? It was stupid and unnecessary to try to provide descriptions for characters you clearly know little about, but you went ahead and did so. ;)

There have been some idiots in this thread, absolutely. Assuming the movie is about black supremacy, or that all of the good reviews are based on PC or politics, is foolish, particularly from people who had not yet even seen it. Predicting it would bomb was laughably incorrect. There was even a claim about the movie having a black cast just for the sake of having a black cast, despite the movie being about an African nation made up mostly of blacks. :lol: I know there have been stupid racial comments. Multiple posters have addressed those comments in the thread.

Just because I decide to point out a mistake you make doesn't mean I disagree with everything or anything you've said outside of that point.

Forum List

Back