The Nutcracker And The Four Realmes

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts

the-nutcracker-and-the-four-realms-2018-18.jpg

This one came out a few years ago. I think I saw it. I didn't remember much about it....probably because I was doing something else.
Well today I watched it all the way thru.

The film is visually interesting. But the plot is a crap:

Reception​

Critical response​

On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an approval rating of 32% based on 203 reviews with an average rating of 5.1/10. The website's critical consensus reads: "Lacking a transporting yuletide story or dazzling dance routines, The Nutcracker and the Four Realms is a hollow holiday confection that's lovely to look at – and easy to forget."[27] On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average score of 39 out of 100, based on 38 critics, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews".[28] Audiences polled by CinemaScore gave the film an average grade of "B+" on an A+ to F scale.[29] PostTrak reported filmgoers gave it 49% "definite recommend".[2]

David Ehrlich of IndieWire gave the film a grade of "D+", calling the film "empty but eye-popping." He went on to write, "Watching a visually spectacular but virtually soulless new family movie like The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, it's tempting to wonder if such eye-popping dreck has any hope of sticking with impressionable young audiences. Is there any chance that the kids of today might be nostalgic for this hyper-saturated nonsense tomorrow?"[30] Alonso Duralde of TheWrap also gave the film a negative review, writing "The 'child travels to a magical land and learns things' trope has been the basis of many beloved stories, from The Wizard of Oz to The Phantom Tollbooth to The Chronicles of Narnia. But it's not a foolproof device, particularly when the magical land in question never makes much narrative sense; besides, how can the Four Realms be magical when the London where Clara already lives is so obviously a cartoon? Both the 'real' world and the fake one are ugly, overdone, and lacking any visual connection to gravity let alone reality."[31]

The best dance number of the Nutcracker Suite was relegated to the credits. And to add insult to injury they put some guy at the end break-dancing.

Don't bother watching this.....unless you like race-switching important characters as they do in every other Disney production. You're better off watching Narnia.

It is my impression that Disney put this thing out just to upset people. There's not much positive you can get from it. With an all-star cast it still doesn't offer much.

Last edited:
Iger is struggling to maintain his position.
Last week his report to the shareholders was a clear apology and a rerun of his original promise to more align Disney to it's customers.
Openly admitting that their woke films were "misaligned with public opinion".
This after Disney lost over $1 Billion in their film division.
Disney+ Subscriptions simply failing to attract subscribers, and their ownership of ABC and ESPN is tanking as well.

Iger is struggling to maintain his position.
Last week his report to the shareholders was a clear apology and a rerun of his original promise to more align Disney to it's customers.
Openly admitting that their woke films were "misaligned with public opinion".
This after Disney lost over $1 Billion in their film division.
Disney+ Subscriptions simply failing to attract subscribers, and their ownership of ABC and ESPN is tanking as well.
Good thing the Biden Adm is helping them stay afloat.
It takes trillions to keep these media hacks from losing their shirts.

Forum List

Back