Reversing Type 2 Diabetes

odanny

Diamond Member
May 7, 2017
Midwest - Trumplandia
Diabetes is a big problem, lot of fat asses in America with horrible diets, but don't discount what cold exposure can do for you. Much like intermittent fasting is great for your cellular health (besides the obvious benefit of weight loss) deliberate cold exposure has an effect on reversing pre-diabetes, although I'm skeptical of it's effect on reversing full blown type 2, even though I would bet money it helps reverse it to some degree.

There are two types of adipose tissue (fat) brown fat, and white fat. White fat bad, brown fat good. Exposure to cold helps remove white fat by activating brown fat.

Diabetes is a big problem, lot of fat asses in America with horrible diets, but don't discount what cold exposure can do for you. Much like intermittent fasting is great for your cellular health (besides the obvious benefit of weight loss) deliberate cold exposure has an effect on reversing pre-diabetes, although I'm skeptical of it's effect on reversing full blown type 2, even though I would bet money it helps reverse it to some degree.

There are two types of adipose tissue (fat) brown fat, and white fat. White fat bad, brown fat good. Exposure to cold helps remove white fat by activating brown fat.

Weight is the main cause of pre diabetes. Losing 20 lbs by walking your ass off and closing your pie hole more often at the table will take care of it.

Best way to lose weight is to never gain it to begin with.

Obviously with just being outdoors you will burn more calories heating the body than on the couch.

There are 60+ gold-standard studies (google.com) if you want to look them up, that prove you can reverse and end type II diabetes by eliminating sugars and reducing carbs in your diet.

A moderate exercise program or just being active goes a long way toward health, but in all honesty, no one will EVER lose weight by exercise. That is not the purpose of exercise.

There are 60+ gold-standard studies (google.com) if you want to look them up, that prove you can reverse and end type II diabetes by eliminating sugars and reducing carbs in your diet.

A moderate exercise program or just being active goes a long way toward health, but in all honesty, no one will EVER lose weight by exercise. That is not the purpose of exercise.
Exercise does increase your bodies consumption of sugar

Sugar in your body is food for cancer cells...if Diabetes doesn't scare ya maybe that will...cut out sugar walk run ride a bike lift weights and watch the pounds drop off...and don't get a peddle assist bike...I see folks riding them as if they are on a scooter...no peddling at all....and they come flying by me on the bike trails...lol

I think diet and exercise have a bigger impact on your blood sugar
EXACTLY, rw. I have Type 2 Diabetes, I've changed my diet completely. Due to diabetes and currently dealing with the effects of Covid-19, I've lost close to 60-70 lbs. in ONE YEAR.

I was diagnosed Type 2 a year ago.
I lost 45 lbs just by cutting out sugar, carbs and starches.
A1c dropped from 9.3 to 5.8

EXACTLY, rw. I have Type 2 Diabetes, I've changed my diet completely. Due to diabetes and currently dealing with the effects of Covid-19, I've lost close to 60-70 lbs. in ONE YEAR.
Good for you. Sorry about my distasteful post. I never look what section I'm in....lol

I am not over weight but I know I should cut out the beer...too many carbs and sugars...that's my goal this year.... :biggrin:

Good going, keep on keeping on.
Thanks, danny. I just wish I hadn't loss the weight the WAY I did. Diabetes IS rough, COVID-19 is even tougher to deal with. Again, thanks for your kind words.

Good for you. Sorry about my distasteful post. I never look what section I'm in....lol
NO REASON to be sorry. NEVER be sorry for anything you post. This IS a public forum.

WOW! Good for you, rw. My last A1c was under 6, as well. It was OVER 11 when I was first diagnosed about a year ago. I COULD have died then. Now I've got COVID, as well, which I most likely caught spending 5 days recently in a shelter for those with mental problems. I started having crazy hallucinations (it was determined this was PROBABLY caused by a wrong mix of medications). I have OCD, depression AND Manic depression on top of everything else. Most of the people there were nice, ESPECIALLY the other patients staying there. I don't EVER want to go there again, but the people there, both MOST of the staff and virtually all of the other patients who were there were great. THE best thing about my stay was the FOOD, which was excellent. I MAY have to go to an assissted living place after I get over COVID, but NOT without my DELL computer!

WOW! Good for you, rw. My last A1c was under 6, as well. It was OVER 11 when I was first diagnosed about a year ago. I COULD have died then. Now I've got COVID, as well, which I most likely caught spending 5 days recently in a shelter for those with mental problems. I started having crazy hallucinations (it was determined this was PROBABLY caused by a wrong mix of medications). I have OCD, depression AND Manic depression on top of everything else. Most of the people there were nice, ESPECIALLY the other patients staying there. I don't EVER want to go there again, but the people there, both MOST of the staff and virtually all of the other patients who were there were great. THE best thing about my stay was the FOOD, which was excellent. I MAY have to go to an assissted living place after I get over COVID, but NOT without my DELL computer!
I wish you well
Do what needs to be done to get your health under control. Been a bad year with COVID. Lost my Sister-in-Law to COVID last month. Not something to take lightly

Forum List

Back