Restaurants Paying $2.13 Per Hour Isn't A Living Wage

why is this such an odd concept?
Honestly? At first I couldn't tell you. It took time. And still, I don't agree with it entirely, but I empathize. I believe folks should be honest, and present themselves as they are. If who they are is a result of their KSA's, they can't really help who they are, so that should not be held against them.

I tend to agree with you. As I have myself nothing wrong with the concept.

. . but, it is a concept born of a privileged life. It comes from one, either out of gifted ability, or, two, out of lucky opportunities and/or a pampered upbringing.

I mean, I don't EVER, not once, have I seen you criticize that antics of Biden's kid. We could criticize Trump's kids, but Trump doesn't pretend to give a shit about the poor, or giving opportunities to the down trodden and oppressed. OTH? Biden does. Yet his kid has all this privledge, but the press doesn't point that shit out. It is the hypocrisy in the system that is so disgusting, that we are talking about here. . . and that is just the example at the very top. This goes on, in every community, across the nation.

If you work among the people, for any amount of time, some folks just don't think, or reason, the same as you and I. This is why I am thankful for all my experiences. I have been there. I have worked so many jobs, and among so many people, and lived in so many communities.

We have the assumption that everyone starts from an even starting place, and that everyone can better themselves, or has the ability to advance in society. I have learned, that this is not the case, and if you give off the attitude that you have this belief, or that you believe in the concept that you can just "pay for better service," for these types of folks, this is. . .a privledge, to be able to have this ability to just think this way, and go through life with the belief that you can buy people's superior service and loyalty. And I have learned to empathize and understand this POV.

People are not commodities, and you can't just buy their loyalty or better service. If you give off an attitude that you are superior. . . be prepared to NOT be able to get what you pay for. Your attitude and the vibe you give off, will be getting you what you deserve with these types of folks, but you will not even know it.

Wait Wait ... So Hooters waitresses make more money than Skippy the pimply-faced high school kid who flips the burgers? This cannot possibly be true!! :heehee:

Untitled-design-78.jpg
they should…they bring more value

Patrons can help their favorite wait staff by tipping them in cash. Since last year many restaurants are taking 4% of the tips you put on your debit or credit card to pay for your meal.

I think I am a good tipper... always 20% or I just won't go out to dinner. I really appreciate good service, good food and a friendly face. Hat tip to all the servers out there.
Cash is king.
Don't forget they make an extra $2.13 per hour on top of that. And, yes, when I was manager at Pizza Hut, many eons ago, even back then my full time waitresses were bringing home $100 per night in tips.

If they were making that much in tips, the 2.13 should all be taken in taxes. Good waitstaff seldom see any of that 2.13.

At a couple of summer restaurants jobs in college the only person making a "living wage" was the manager. This idea that every job must meet some arbitrary minimum is fucking stupid and of course will devastate jobs for the very people this concern is supposedly for.

Wait Wait ... So Hooters waitresses make more money than Skippy the pimply-faced high school kid who flips the burgers? This cannot possibly be true!! :heehee:

Untitled-design-78.jpg
So, you are agreeing that Hooter's girls are more than getting by with their $2.13 per hour pay?

Forum List

Back