Restaurants Paying $2.13 Per Hour Isn't A Living Wage

Independentthinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015
Or, is it?

I'm so damn sick and tired of leftists complaining about restaurant's tip wages and the poor things haven't gotten a raise to that base in years and how that is peanuts to live on. I was a manager at Pizza Hut eons ago and most of the full time waitresses made more money than I did.

Or, is it?

I'm so damn sick and tired of leftists complaining about restaurant's tip wages and the poor things haven't gotten a raise to that base in years and how that is peanuts to live on. I was a manager at Pizza Hut eons ago and most of the full time waitresses made more money than I did.

A good wait person is worth their weight in gold.

Yeah, when my cousin was going through nursing school at UD she had a job at the Hotel Du Pont working in the bar/restaurant. She was making enough part time to pay for her school, plus living expenses. She made a pittance from salary...like 2 bucks an hour or something. You get a line to an established, high class place and you can make some serious cash.
Way back in the 50's and 60's I had a relative who was head concierge there. He put two kids through college on tips startin as a doorman. My mother was always talking about that.

Tips pay bills. That's why the cocksuckers try to tax them.

Tips also depend upon the location in the country where one is and the quality of the food served. When we first came here I was surprised to learn a few months after being here that there was gossip from a local cafe nearby who was talking about the tips we left because they did not normally get decent tips.

BTW, I was also surprised when we were in Carson City, Nevada when I painted a few windows so we'd have some extra spending money one lady gave me a $100.00 tip on top of the $125.00 I charged to paint her window.

Or, is it?

Patrons can help their favorite wait staff by tipping them in cash. Since last year many restaurants are taking 4% of the tips you put on your debit or credit card to pay for your meal.

I think I am a good tipper... always 20% or I just won't go out to dinner. I really appreciate good service, good food and a friendly face. Hat tip to all the servers out there.

Burger flipping was never intended to be a career option. Get a freaking education or if you are young and independent enough join the military and get a free education. Funny that the same people who complain about low entry level burger flipping wages are stupid enough to support the president's insane agenda of inviting millions of undocumented workers into the U.S. to take those jobs.

Patrons can help their favorite wait staff by tipping them in cash. Since last year many restaurants are taking 4% of the tips you put on your debit or credit card to pay for your meal.

I think I am a good tipper... always 20% or I just won't go out to dinner. I really appreciate good service, good food and a friendly face. Hat tip to all the servers out there.

Not to be rude, but do you really consider 20% to be a good tip?

I tip decently as well. However, I am always mindful to tip 1 cent for poor service. It sends a much clearer message than zero.

Tipping is a pretty crazy thing if you stop and think about it.

If someone tried to start today nobody would think it was a good idea.

Tipping is a pretty crazy thing if you stop and think about it.

If someone tried to start today nobody would think it was a good idea.
Waiting tables is hard work. If people were actually paid by the employer for the work they'd make the same as some construction workers and the cost to eat out would not be affordable to most.

Waiting tables is hard work. If people were actually paid by the employer for the work they'd make the same as some construction workers and the cost to eat out would not be affordable to most.

Yet a great many counties do not make their servers rely on it and they still seem to be able to have people in their establishments eating their food.

Not to be rude, but do you really consider 20% to be a good tip?

Yep, but sometimes I tip 25%.. I would tip more if I could afford it. I am also in my 70s and on a fixed income now. Back in the day I could tip more. I don't take up a lot of table space in the evening. These days its a late lunch.

Forum List

Back