Restaurants are adding labor surcharges to help offset minimum wage increases

I am just glad we can put to rest, right wing hearsay and soothsay, regarding price inflation.

Hmm... well, if those are the facts, might as well roll with it. Seriously, if there are no drawbacks to minimum wage laws, let's make them worthwhile. Who's down for a $50/hr minimum wage?

I am just glad we can put to rest, right wing hearsay and soothsay, regarding price inflation.

Hmm... well, if those are the facts, might as well roll with it. Seriously, if there are no drawbacks to minimum wage laws, let's make them worthwhile. Who's down for a $50/hr minimum wage?
Social services cost fourteen dollars an hour, by comparison and contrast.

It is for marketing purposes.

How is a surcharge a marketing tool? It's a deterrent.
not if the fine print says, taxes and surcharges, not included.

If the fine print says there are surcharges, I won't be eating there, so it is a deterrent.

It isn't a marketing tool, it is a political statement to oppose the minimum wage. If you believe that protesting a wage increase is a marketing tool, you are not very smart.
Are you claiming you prefer any given Firm keep that market based information to their bookkeepers, not their customers?
I agree with papa. I don't need to know you raised your prices a little to pay your employees better.

I want to know which restaurants are the most profitable. Their gouging us. I also want to see how much they pay for their burger so I know if their charging me too much
That's dumb. The only things you need to know are:

1. Do I like the burger?
2. Will I pay the price they charge for the burger?

It's really just that simple.

If the fine print says there are surcharges, I won't be eating there, so it is a deterrent.

It isn't a marketing tool, it is a political statement to oppose the minimum wage. If you believe that protesting a wage increase is a marketing tool, you are not very smart.
Are you claiming you prefer any given Firm keep that market based information to their bookkeepers, not their customers?
I agree with papa. I don't need to know you raised your prices a little to pay your employees better.

I want to know which restaurants are the most profitable. Their gouging us. I also want to see how much they pay for their burger so I know if their charging me too much

1. Do I like the burger?

Yeah.....most Republicans believe everybody has to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.......even if they were born with no legs!!

1. Do I like the burger?

I give a shit less what they pay their people or how much they pay for burger meat.

How's the burger is my only concern.

1. Do I like the burger?

Yeah.....most Republicans believe everybody has to pull themselves up by their bootstraps.......even if they were born with no legs!!
What does that have to do with it being dumb to worry if a restaurant is making too much profit?

That was a made up out of thin air rate by bleeding heart lberals...

1. Do I like the burger?

What does that have to do with it being dumb to worry if a restaurant is making too much profit?
It is usually a question for investors, not customers.

It is the reason for a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage.

For the millionth time the $14 an hour for social services is a made up out of thin air number...by bleeding heart liberals... And you never want to admit it

For the millionth time the $14 an hour for social services is a made up out of thin air number...by bleeding heart liberals... And you never want to admit it

why should i believe you. why a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and not a twenty-five dollar an hour, minimum wage?

why should i believe you. why a fifteen dollar an hour minimum wage and not a twenty-five dollar an hour, minimum wage?

Why not parrot?

Again you will never admit that $14 dollar is a made up number by liberal politicians has nothing zip Nada to deal with the real world.. Only to buy democrat votes and so the peasants like you don't revolt.

Why not parrot?

Again you will never admit that $14 dollar is a made up number by liberal politicians has nothing zip Nada to deal with the real world.. Only to buy democrat votes and so the peasants like you don't revolt.

Yes, it was "made up" at fifteen dollars an hour because social services cost around fourteen dollars an hour by comparison. Rational choice theory applies, not right wing fantasy.

Why not parrot?

Yes, it was "made up" at fifteen dollars an hour because social services cost around fourteen dollars an hour by comparison. Rational choice theory applies, not right wing fantasy.

Again It cost around $14 bucks an hour because that's what the liberals want to spend to buy Votes..

It's a made up number

Why not parrot?

Again It cost around $14 bucks an hour because that's what the liberals want to spend to buy Votes..

It's a made up number

Next you will try to tell us that cigarettes are supposed to cost $12 bucks a pack because that's what it is in Chicago (never mind it only cost $5 bucks a pack in Alabama)

1. Do I like the burger?

The investor is a customer.

Why not parrot?

It's a made up number
so what; the right wing appeals to ignorance of the law, to buy votes.

the right has nothing but repeal instead of any better solutions at lower cost.

1. Do I like the burger?

The investor is a customer.
not every customer is an investor; the law of large numbers applies to "stereotypes".

The right wing prefers to, "ditch capitalism" for their social ideology, on a national basis.

This is bullshit. To suggest conservatives are anything other than capitalists is absurd.

Do you really believe restaurants can pay $15/hr without raising prices? Or cutting benefits? Or reducing hours worked or the number of employees? Or automating jobs out of existence? If so, you are sadly out of touch with reality.

Forum List

Back