Reputation System Tweaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth that the those in positions of authority have an advantages.

How? Please explain. You keep saying this, but other than saying it, there is nothing of substance. How do I or Greg, Jim, Darin, have more 'control' than you? Oh yea, we can bounce Jason, but you probably would too.

How? Please explain. You keep saying this, but other than saying it, there is nothing of substance. How do I or Greg, Jim, Darin, have more 'control' than you? Oh yea, we can bounce Jason, but you probably would too.

Well there's one--and no--I have a different view on Jason so I wouln't ban him.

Look --With all due respect Greg bought himself a message board. He gave himself 50 power points with which he is able to apply at will. He also bestowed authority and privaleges on certain people. Nobody earns anything in this scenario. The mods and admins (whoever they all are now) are granted the power to make decisions and judgement calls--they can lock threads--they can see who reps who and God knows wha else. The system is built to protect those at the top.

This is all fine and dandy as long as we aren't trying to pretend that it's anything more than that. I think exposing the rep system for all to see would be enlightening to some. I've often wondered that if you have a lot of rep pointed, what exactly is it that you have been reputed to have done? Been a good suck up, say the "right" things, have a nice avatar, been here the longest?

Well there's one--and no--I have a different view on Jason so I wouln't ban him.

Look --With all due respect Greg bought himself a message board. He gave himself 50 power points with which he is able to apply at will. He also bestowed authority and privaleges on certain people. Nobody earns anything in this scenario. The mods and admins (whoever they all are now) are granted the power to make decisions and judgement calls--they can lock threads--they can see who reps who and God knows wha else. The system is built to protect those at the top.

This is all fine and dandy as long as we aren't trying to pretend that it's anything more than that. I think exposing the rep system for all to see would be enlightening to some. I've often wondered that if you have a lot of rep pointed, what exactly is it that you have been reputed to have done? Been a good suck up, say the "right" things, have a nice avatar, been here the longest?
LOL, get over it Dillo. Buy yourself a board. Buy yourself a stay at home wife, then of course you'd have to work. As for me, I've been here longer than most, less then some. My guess, many agree with me or at least know that I care to get at the bottom of things, without throwing lots of dung at the wall. I'm no conspiracy poster. No one is out to 'get you' or Jason or anyone. You all make your own field and take the consquences.

Couldn't resist this,
Been a good suck up
you either haven't read or understood just how much I challenge Greg, dmp, and jim over the time span. Much more, but within reasonable manner than yourself. So yeah, they understood and seem to have given some respect. They had the common courtesy to respond, without horrible pics.

LOL, get over it Dillo. Buy yourself a board. Buy yourself a stay at home wife, then of course you'd have to work. As for me, I've been here longer than most, less then some. My guess, many agree with me or at least know that I care to get at the bottom of things, without throwing lots of dung at the wall. I'm no conspiracy poster. No one is out to 'get you' or Jason or anyone. You all make your own field and take the consquences.

There's a pretty good example of what I am talking abut right there--Thanks.

However, derogatory statements, direct or indirect personal attacks, are strictly not permitted. It is better to walk away from a possible confontation and come back with constructive arguments.

The system is built to protect those at the top.

Those taking the biggest risk should be most protected, no?

This is all fine and dandy as long as we aren't trying to pretend that it's anything more than that. I think exposing the rep system for all to see would be enlightening to some.

If the ability to expose rep existed, I might use it.

Those taking the biggest risk should be most protected, no?

If the ability to expose rep existed, I might use it.

I understand that you have taken the financial risk but the reputation system does nothing to protect your investment does it? You protect you're investment by controlling the quality of the posts and posters. Not by using little green squares.

Cool--it's the thought that counts. If folks could see why some of those reps points were given and taken away, they might not be all that hung up on em.

I understand that you have taken the financial risk but the reputation system does nothing to protect your investment does it? You protect you're investment by controlling the quality of the posts and posters. Not by using little green squares.

Just to put your mind at ease, I've only once given rep since being here and I don't plan to very often. I could really care less about the system, I don't use it any where else. Most members here do seem to enjoy the system, so it stays.

Just to put your mind at ease, I've only once given rep since being here and I don't plan to very often. I could really care less about the system, I don't use it any where else. Most members here do seem to enjoy the system, so it stays.

Now that you mention it, ... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's your call . Im just trying to put a little perspective on it.

and personal attacks by admins? How do you feel about those?

and personal attacks by admins? How do you feel about those?

The previous post by Kathianne was not a personal attack. I'm pretty darn intolerant to attacks, just ask anyone else on this board. So if something is let go then it's pretty harmless.

The previous post by Kathianne was not a personal attack. I'm pretty darn intolerant to attacks, just ask anyone else on this board. So if something is let go then it's pretty harmless.

LOL ok---
LOL, get over it Dillo. Buy yourself a board. Buy yourself a stay at home wife, then of course you'd have to work.

I find that to be a bit personal but so be it-----we'll see if she can take the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back