Republicans: why raising taxes on the wealthy is good for the economy

In other words, no laws were broken.

Thanks for playing!
That's not what I'm saying at all. Whether it was legal or not to go to work for a ratings agency after a government stint, it's clearly illegal to skew the ratings of the financial institutions however that happens. Since they've shown that they lack the integrity to keep their conflicts of interest from affecting their job function, that ability should prohibited.
Where are the indictments? Seems you're all talk and no substance here.
As I said before, the corporatocracy (that includes the financial sector) have effectively bought our elected officials. There's no will to prosecute.
Banks have paid billions of dollars in fines to the Federal gov't. If they had bought them they got a bad deal.
That's their business model. Pay billions in fines - get over a trillion from the tax payers. Makes me long for the days when Microsoft only had to pay 100 million for their tens of billions worth of IP theft.
where did they get a trillion dollars from taxpayers? You mean the loans they paid back with high interest rates where the gov't made a killing?

Whether it was legal or not to go to work for a ratings agency after a government stint, it's clearly illegal to skew the ratings of the financial institutions however that happens. Since they've shown that they lack the integrity to keep their conflicts of interest from affecting their job function, that ability should prohibited.

dear, as a liberal should you really be offering an opinion??

"It was regulations that created these "nationally recognized statistical rating organizations" (NRSROs) and then erected barriers to entry to protect the big three. Then it was the regulations that forced the use of those rating agencies by any company that wished to issue debt. And it was the regulations that created the "issuer pays" business model."

"Proponents of the theory of "regulation fixes everything" can only see regulatory failure in hindsight as a failure of not enough regulation, or regulation applied unevenly. But often, no one can foresee the long-term effects of regulations."
Well yeah, I'm sure if those ratings agencies didn't exist, we could just trust the individual institutions to tell us that they were secure.

That's not what I'm saying at all. Whether it was legal or not to go to work for a ratings agency after a government stint, it's clearly illegal to skew the ratings of the financial institutions however that happens. Since they've shown that they lack the integrity to keep their conflicts of interest from affecting their job function, that ability should prohibited.
As I said before, the corporatocracy (that includes the financial sector) have effectively bought our elected officials. There's no will to prosecute.
Banks have paid billions of dollars in fines to the Federal gov't. If they had bought them they got a bad deal.
That's their business model. Pay billions in fines - get over a trillion from the tax payers. Makes me long for the days when Microsoft only had to pay 100 million for their tens of billions worth of IP theft.
where did they get a trillion dollars from taxpayers? You mean the loans they paid back with high interest rates where the gov't made a killing?
You mean the TARP money they paid back with QE money?

Whether it was legal or not to go to work for a ratings agency after a government stint, it's clearly illegal to skew the ratings of the financial institutions however that happens. Since they've shown that they lack the integrity to keep their conflicts of interest from affecting their job function, that ability should prohibited.

dear, as a liberal should you really be offering an opinion??

"It was regulations that created these "nationally recognized statistical rating organizations" (NRSROs) and then erected barriers to entry to protect the big three. Then it was the regulations that forced the use of those rating agencies by any company that wished to issue debt. And it was the regulations that created the "issuer pays" business model."

"Proponents of the theory of "regulation fixes everything" can only see regulatory failure in hindsight as a failure of not enough regulation, or regulation applied unevenly. But often, no one can foresee the long-term effects of regulations."
Well yeah, I'm sure if those ratings agencies didn't exist, we could just trust the individual institutions to tell us that they were secure.

dear, if they didn't exist we'd have capitalist rating agencies that survived because they were the most accurate, not because they were protected by libturd soviet govt.

Do you understand now?.

too stupid please explain how its possible to pay tarp with QE. Remember you are a liberal!.

In other words, no laws were broken.

Thanks for playing!

Pay billions in fines - get over a trillion from the tax payers.

Who got over a trillion from the taxpayers? When? Link?

They paid back longer term loans with overnight loans?
When did they pay back the overnight loans?

Forum List

Back