Republicans: why raising taxes on the wealthy is good for the economy

[

too stupid of course all the goods and service we use were invented and sold by someone. THe objective of govt should be to encourage the process that got us from the stone age to here, not to tax it and slow it down.

Correct.

The government should encourage capitalism, freedom and innovation so that more wealth will be created rather than punishing the creation of the wealth by taking the profits away from those that earned it and giving it to those that didn't earn it.

The best way to entourage those things is for the government simply to leave Americans alone with less taxation and regulation. It ain't rocket science.

How does that work for the "capital" of oil in an engine that has a working oil pump, as an analogy.

Shouldn't the least wealthy be getting bailed out (from each according to their capital ability via their worth under our form of Capitalism to each according to their capital need), to (will to ) "power" the engine that moves the vehicle as that form of product.

Simply not circulating enough "capital" to the working parts of the engine can be catastrophic to the engine and detrimental to any goals set by using that vehicle.

[

Edison didnt create electricity.
Do you really think he could have charged 1B for lightbulbs? How many would he have sold? Why don't iPhones cost $10k a piece?

You are trying to explain simple economics to a moron.

This guy is very confused about everything. You are wasting your time.

They should be charged with gross negligence and criminal incompetence for constructing such a fragile house of cards. They should be charged with fraud for claiming that it was sound and robust. And they should be charged with collusion for gaming the system and then covering each others backs.

In short, they didn't break any laws.

Thanks for playing!
There are laws against everything I listed.

There's a crime called "gaming the system?" Strange, I've never heard of it. Can you quote the statute?
It's called collusion, dummy. I guess you must've missed that part.
What collusion occurred? PLease cite specifics.
Am I a federal investigator? Don't be naive, if you haven't seen how these guys operate, you're further removed from any kind of corporate connections than you claim to be. And if they couldn't make collusion stick, they certainly could make the other charges.

Thanks for playing!

There's a crime called "gaming the system?" Strange, I've never heard of it. Can you quote the statute?
Am I a federal investigator? Don't be naive, if you haven't seen how these guys operate, you're further removed from any kind of corporate connections than you claim to be. And if they couldn't make collusion stick, they certainly could make the other charges.
OK so you have no evidence at all. Not even a basic idea of what collusion occurred.
I think that's called "tallking our of your ass".

[

too stupid of course all the goods and service we use were invented and sold by someone. THe objective of govt should be to encourage the process that got us from the stone age to here, not to tax it and slow it down.

Correct.

The government should encourage capitalism, freedom and innovation so that more wealth will be created rather than punishing the creation of the wealth by taking the profits away from those that earned it and giving it to those that didn't earn it.

The best way to entourage those things is for the government simply to leave Americans alone with less taxation and regulation. It ain't rocket science.

How does that work for the "capital" of oil in an engine that has a working oil pump, as an analogy.

Shouldn't the least wealthy be getting bailed out (from each according to their capital ability via their worth under our form of Capitalism to each according to their capital need), to (will to ) "power" the engine that moves the vehicle as that form of product.

Simply not circulating enough "capital" to the working parts of the engine can be catastrophic to the engine and detrimental to any goals set by using that vehicle.
Capital is labor plus savings. Peace through strength. In times of peace prepare for war.

[

Correct.

And that is the "smallness" of democrat thinking. They think in terms of one engine that is too big to fail that needs to be forced to oil all the little parts. They do not think in terms of many engines working in parallel where everyone has the ability to oil their own damn engine and others have the ability to offer up a service to oil engines and still others have the ability to design engines that don't need oil.

OK so you have no evidence at all. Not even a basic idea of what collusion occurred.
I'm sure it goes way deeper than this but for one, they colluded with the ratings firms so that they appeared to be safe and secure.

Raising taxes on the wealthiest should be done for market based metrics purposes to meet some exigency, or enable more necessary and more proper courses of legal action through more efficacious, weights and measures; wartime tax rates even for our wars on crime, drugs, poverty, and terror are egregious examples of public policies that would not exist under Commerce Clause, if the wealthiest had to pay wartime tax rates for them.

I'm sure it goes way deeper than this but for one, they colluded with the ratings firms so that they appeared to be safe and secure.
Evidence? Nope.

Raising taxes on the wealthiest should be done for market based metrics purposes to meet some exigency, or enable more necessary and more proper courses of legal action through more efficacious, weights and measures; wartime tax rates even for our wars on crime, drugs, poverty, and terror are egregious examples of public policies that would not exist under Commerce Clause, if the wealthiest had to pay wartime tax rates for them.
The sub prime bubble trounced the idea of End of History while wealth, consumption, and sumptuary taxes bespeak of morbid conviction.

Evidence? Nope.
Ratings agencies suffer conflict of interest says former Moody s boss Business The Guardian

What was criminal about what they did? Who went to jail? Where are the charges?
More tlaking points debunked last Ice Age.
They should be charged with gross negligence and criminal incompetence for constructing such a fragile house of cards. They should be charged with fraud for claiming that it was sound and robust. And they should be charged with collusion for gaming the system and then covering each others backs.

Thanks for playing!

"Collusion" between who? You're great for listing vague generalities, but no specifics. If I "collude" with my wife on what Christmas presents to buy for the kids, am I breaking the law? "Collusion" is only against the law of you are colluding to do something illegal. So what illegal activity where the "colluding" to do?

Thanks for playing!

"Collusion" between who? You're great for listing vague generalities, but no specifics. If I "collude" with my wife on what Christmas presents to buy for the kids, am I breaking the law? "Collusion" is only against the law of you are colluding to do something illegal. So what illegal activity where the "colluding" to do?

Ratings agencies suffer conflict of interest says former Moody s boss Business The Guardian

Evidence? Nope.
Unproven allegation that doesnt support your contention. Shocker, I know.

Evidence? Nope.
Did you and bripat sleep through the financial crisis? Every day for a couple of years there were new revelations as to how fucked up our financial system was and how greedy, slimy and incompetent the guys who ran it were. Yeah I know, it reflects poorly on your profession so you would much prefer to ignore it.

Evidence? Nope.
Did you and bripat sleep through the financial crisis? Every day for a couple of years there were new revelations as to how fucked up our financial system was and how greedy, slimy and incompetent the guys who ran it were. Yeah I know, it reflects poorly on your profession so you would much prefer to ignore it.
No evidence,no surprise.
WHo "runs our financial system"? I want names.

Evidence? Nope.
No evidence,no surprise.
Google is your friend. I don't have time to hold your hand through a period of discovery that you'll have to be dragged kicking and screaming through anyway. If you want a clear explanation of what happened and the people who were responsible, watch 'Inside Job'. And if you want a moment by moment accounting of what was going on at the time of the crash, listen to 'Giant Pool of Money'.

No evidence,no surprise.
Google is your friend. I don't have time to hold your hand through a period of discovery that you'll have to be dragged kicking and screaming through anyway.
Translation: I dont let facts interfere with my beliefs.
No you dont, poor thing.

No evidence,no surprise.
Google is your friend. I don't have time to hold your hand through a period of discovery that you'll have to be dragged kicking and screaming through anyway.
No you dont, poor thing.
You have to be the most pig headed piece of shit on this board. I showed you some convenient sources since you seem to be loath to actually read anything about it. Pump some knowledge into that vacuous chamber you carry around on your shoulders sunshine.

No evidence,no surprise.
No you dont, poor thing.
You have to be the most pig headed piece of shit on this board. I showed you some convenient sources since you seem to be loath to actually read anything about it. Pump some knowledge into that vacuous chamber you carry around on your shoulders sunshine.
You posted an allegation by one person that even if true did not support your thesis. I cant help it if your education ended at 2nd grade. Post something substantive or STFU.

Forum List

Back