Republicans, what is the bottom line end game of this declassification thing?

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
I know that this has been a huge story in certain circles, and it appears now that Trump is going along with it.

Just so I can keep up, is it safe to assume that the ultimate goal here is to discredit enough people that Mueller will be forced to drop his ongoing investigation?

And if that's it, do you think that the whole case would just go away?

I know that this has been a huge story in certain circles, and it appears now that Trump is going along with it.

Just so I can keep up, is it safe to assume that the ultimate goal here is to discredit enough people that Mueller will be forced to drop his ongoing investigation?

It is to show that the steele dossier was used to get illegal FISA warrants to spy on Trump. Also, to show the coordinated effort to spy on Trump. And lastly, to show that the entire Russian story was made up as a reason to spy on Trump......

Merely a move to inform the American people what's been happening, and allow them an opportunity to gather their torches and pitchforks.

It is to show that the steele dossier was used to get illegal FISA warrants to spy on Trump. Also, to show the coordinated effort to spy on Trump. And lastly, to show that the entire Russian story was made up as a reason to spy on Trump......

The FISA warrants weren't illegal.

If they were based on a lie they were illegal...if comes, macabre and rosenstein signed off on the Warrants knowing that the information was unverified...and they said otherwise, they are guilty of lying to Federal Judges....

Merely a move to inform the American people what's been happening, and allow them an opportunity to gather their torches and pitchforks.
Okay, thanks, but what effect would that have on anything else, specifically the Mueller investigation?

Okay, thanks, but what effect would that have on anything else, specifically the Mueller investigation?

On Mueller.....it would show definitively there was no Russian-Trump connection...which is the entire fake reason the Mueller investigation was allegedly started.

If they were based on a lie they were illegal...if comes, macabre and rosenstein signed off on the Warrants knowing that the information was unverified...and they said otherwise, they are guilty of lying to Federal Judges....

You understand that warrants were issued long before that dossier existed, don't you?

Data insufficient. Patience. Let's see who specifically did a specific what.

On Mueller.....it would show definitively there was no Russian-Trump connection...which is the entire fake reason the Mueller investigation was allegedly started.
My limited understanding of this is that Mueller's directive is pretty much open-ended, i.e., if he finds anything else that's real, it's fair game. No?

You understand that warrants were issued long before that dossier existed, don't you?

Nope.....they were turned down by the judges and then the FBI used the Steeld dossier to go back.....and they used news sources...who used the steele dossier, to say that the information was wide spread and needed to be looked at....the warrants were illegally acquired by lying to federal judges....just ask Andrew McCarthy....

My limited understanding of this is that Mueller's directive is pretty much open-ended, i.e., if he finds anything else that real, it's fair game. No?

Yep....but the only reason it was started was Russia....and if there was no Russia to begin the investigation, then there is no basis for it to continue.

My limited understanding of this is that Mueller's directive is pretty much open-ended, i.e., if he finds anything else that's real, it's fair game. No?

If you read Andrew McCarthy, he wrote a column where he stated that there was no way the FBI would base FISA warrant applications on the unverified information of the Steele Dossier....they might have used it as part of the reason, but they would have had actual evidence from other sources.........then.......just a few weeks ago when the redacted FISA warrants came out...he apologized and stated...yes....unbelievably, the Steele Dossier was the primary source used to get the warrants.... and it still hadn't been verified at the time the FISA warrants were renewed several times.......

Actually they’re not illegal. Any warrant of any kind signed by any judge that sits on any court is legal.

Damn you’re dumb

What could possibly make Mueller drop his ongoing investigation? Does any sane person really believe that is possible?

Oh...you've read it? Can you link a copy for me please?

Trump will expose American trade craft to the enemy. That is lending aid and comfort to the enemy.

This is a treasonous act and should be treated as such by Congress, and if they don’t are just as complicit, and should be held just as accountable

What could possibly make Mueller drop his ongoing investigation? Does any sane person really believe that is possible?
I've seen some who think Mueller could be implicated in, whatever this would be. This all seems like wishful thinking to me, but I guess stranger things have happened.

Forum List

Back