Republicans vs Republicans

The economy can't recover until the virus is contained and destroyed. People will not leave their homes and spend money in large numbers until it is safe. Until you make the environment safe to conduct business, people will stay home. Shutdown is the only way to contain and destroy the virus without a vaccine. Had the United States conducted a full national shutdown until infection rates declined to low levels, we would be out of this mess already.

But Trump did nothing. Left it up to the states to decide what to do. The results. 160,000 people dead, a pandemic raging uncontrollably. The worst recession since the 1930s.

The Democrats will control both houses of congress and the white house after November 3, 2020.
Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Wrong # 1 - People have been leaving their homes, and spending money all along. At the beginning of the virus, I drove to WalMart and thought I would see an almost empty parking lot. I could hardly find a place to park it was so jammed. Stores are as crowded as they've ever been. Reports of the economy being really bad, are questionable, to say the least.

Wrong # 2 - Trump has done a lot to fix the virus problem, and is a success story.
As early as January, he blocked travel from China, well before the Europeans did. He also sent those 2 big, Navy, hospital ships to New York, authorized the stimulus checks, started the Task Force, and in January got the NIH working on a vaccine, the work of which is well underway. He advocated hydroxychloroquine, now proven to be an effective cure, in combination with other items. Back in early February, the CDC began shipping CDC-Developed test kits to U.S. and international labs. He also got millions of ventilators produced, so many that now we're exporting them.
And lastly, Trump has brought the US death rate waaaay down from almost 17,000/week in mid-April, to only 1280/week last week. Tomorrow's reported number will be even lower. Huge success.

Wrong # 3 - Republicans will control both houses of congress and the white house after November 3, 2020. Americans won't vote for anarchy, and criminal mayors.

Last edited:
Putting an end to the sham shutdowns is helpful and necessary.

No increase of the dole needed.
Couldn't disagree more. What good is opening up your store, when people are now so far behind in their rent, utility bills, car note, etc, that they cant afford to buy your stuff ?

Sure, open up, and get bored with no customers coming in.

You're ignoring the real problem.

The deliberate and malicious sabotage of the economy means that there unavoidably will be people who are unable to pay their bills, and meet their temporal needs. Taking money from those who are allowed to work, and giving it to those who are not, only shifts this around, making some more able to pay their expenses, while equally making others less able to do so.

There is only one solution to this mess.

That is to put an end to these illegal shutdowns, to let people get back to work; and to remove from public office every corrupt piece of shit who was responsible for these shutdowns, and as much as possible, to subject these pieces of shit to criminal prosecution for malfeasance and fraud. They need to be made a severe example of, to any future corrupt public servants who might ever think of engaging in similar skulduggery.

I disagree with the obvious bullshit of trying to mitigate an intentionally- and maliciously-caused economic disaster by redistributing the remaining greatly-reduced wealth from those who are still allowed to produce it to those who are not.
But that's not who it's being distributed to. It's being distributed to those who DO produce wealth, both as employers and employees, but whose incomes have been dislodged, because of the virus.

What do you think we're talking about here ? Just an ordinary workers vs welfare leeches scenario ? No. That is what exists all the time. This doesn't.

And try using your brain, before you go throwing the word "bullshit" around.

More like republicans vs the media and democrat propaganda. Does it come as a freaking revelation to the left that government freebees have to be paid back? Maybe LBJ should have been reminded before he created "the great society". Mitch can't get a break from the left while the craziness of Pelosi's world goes unnoticed.

On the one side, it is argued that Mitch McConnell is only giving in to Democrats' economic stimulus demands, because it is politically hazardous to allow Democrats to blame Republicans for not giving the American people economic relief when they badly need it.

On the other hand, it's argued that this money will have to be paid back, at some point, probably by future generations, who will get stuck with the bill.

While I don't disagree with both of these, I would like to add 2 more points of my own >>>

1. Many Americans are suffering, unexpected and extraordinary losses of income, and are in great need of economic assistance.

2. Many American businesses are suffering, and putting money into the hands of the lower economic classes of Americans, will surely see that money being pumped back into the economy, as $ALE$ for those businesses.

I think politics or no politics, debt or no debt, the stimulus checks are helpful and necessary.
My buddy has 5 pot grow houses. The prices have skyrocketed. Why? Because people are getting stimulus’s and extra unemployment and they are sitting at home bored.
And smoking dope making them even more useless.

You're ignoring the real problem.

The deliberate and malicious sabotage of the economy means that there unavoidably will be people who are unable to pay their bills, and meet their temporal needs. Taking money from those who are allowed to work, and giving it to those who are not, only shifts this around, making some more able to pay their expenses, while equally making others less able to do so.

There is only one solution to this mess.

That is to put an end to these illegal shutdowns, to let people get back to work; and to remove from public office every corrupt piece of shit who was responsible for these shutdowns, and as much as possible, to subject these pieces of shit to criminal prosecution for malfeasance and fraud. They need to be made a severe example of, to any future corrupt public servants who might ever think of engaging in similar skulduggery.
Problem with that post is that you don't offer ONE SHRED OF EVIDENCE for you claim of >> "deliberate and malicious sabotage of the economy"

Although I do have suspicions of Democrat collusion with China, to cause all this, to derail Trump's economic success, and diminish his re-election potential.

I disagree with the obvious bullshit of trying to mitigate an intentionally- and maliciously-caused economic disaster by redistributing the remaining greatly-reduced wealth from those who are still allowed to produce it to those who are not.
But that's not who it's being distributed to. It's being distributed to those who DO produce wealth, both as employers and employees, but whose incomes have been dislodged, because of the virus.

What do you think we're talking about here ? Just an ordinary workers vs welfare leeches scenario ? No. That is what exists all the time. This doesn't.

Creative accounting isn't creating wealth; and that is exactly what has gotten us to the point that makes people foolish enough to trust the corporate raiders playing the ignorant and shortsighted to do their dirty work.

Creative accounting isn't creating wealth; and that is exactly what has gotten us to the point that makes people foolish enough to trust the corporate raiders playing the ignorant and shortsighted to do their dirty work.
Money in the hand = $ALE$ in the stores (aka the "economy")

The greatest unearned bounty is being given to those who are not working at all. In many cases, being paid more to not work, than they'd be able to earn if they were allowed to work.

In many cases, these are people who are willing and able to work, but their jobs have been illegally shut down, as part of the #CoronaHoax2020. People who do not want to be “welfare leeches”, but have been forced into that position by the actions of criminal pieces of shit infesting their state and local governments.

Perhaps you should try using your brain, before you go throwing actual bullshit around.

The greatest unearned bounty is being given to those who are not working at all. In many cases, being paid more to not work, than they'd be able to earn if they were allowed to work.

In many cases, these are people who are willing and able to work, but their jobs have been illegally shut down, as part of the #CoronaHoax2020. People who do not want to be “welfare leeches”, but have been forced into that position by the actions of criminal pieces of shit infesting their state and local governments.

Perhaps you should try using your brain, before you go throwing actual bullshit around.
OF COURSE, people should not be paid more than what they would get at work, nobody disputes that.

Looks like you haven't learned your lesson. I guess you're one of the ones who doesn't need a stimulus check, and doesn't give a hoot about those who do.

All you know how to do is whine about having to pay taxes to the govt. I've been paying taxes to the govt for 58 years. How about you ?

Problem with that post is that you don't offer ONE SHRED OF EVIDENCE for you claim of >> "deliberate and malicious sabotage of the economy"

I think it's obvious enough, that the burden ought to be on anyone arguing against it to prove it.

What did anyone think the effect would be of forcing large portions of the economy to shutdown, and throwing large numbers of people out of work?

And given that the premise on which this was done is based is a hyperbolized instance of a seasonal flu outbreak, how is this not, exactly as I described it, deliberate and malicious sabotage of the economy?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

I say that the claim that what was done to the economy was not deliberate and malicious sabotage, driven by malevolent political motives, is certainly an extraordinary claim, against which I do not think you can produce even ordinary-level proof to refute, much less the extraordinary level of proof that it calls for.

Money in hand spending on useless fall apart garbage that is mostly foreign made at this point and paying interest on credit is a false economy and this does not enrich anyone except for maybe a few selling and making useless crap.

OF COURSE, people should not be paid more than what they would get at work, nobody disputes that.

Looks like you haven't learned your lesson. I guess you're one of the ones who doesn't need a stimulus check, and doesn't give a hoot about those who do.

All you know how to do is whine about having to pay taxes to the govt. I've been paying taxes to the govt for 58 years. How about you ?
58 years? You should be getting a nice lil social security check so what's your bitch?

That money in one hand was taken out of someone else's hand. One person has more to spend, at the expense of someone else having less to spend,. On the whole, not a net gain to the economy.

The economy can only thrive on people working, creating wealth; not on reshuffling a finite and diminishing pool of existing wealth while a large portion of the workforce is forced into unproductive idleness.

Money in hand spending on useless fall apart garbage that is mostly foreign made at this point and paying interest on credit is a false economy and this does not enrich anyone except for maybe a few selling and making useless crap.
True, except that it isn't "a few' that are selling stuff. It is millions of businesses whoi need help to lift uo their sales.

As for the foreign made fall apart garbage, 4 previous presidents gave China unrestricted access to our MARKET. Thankfully, we have a president who has been fighting back at that now deep problem. We better re-elect him in November,or the foreign made fall apart garbage will saturate the country even wors ethan now as the globalists would take over.

58 years? You should be getting a nice lil social security check so what's your bitch?
I'm not doing the bitchin. Bob Baylock is. I'm cool with the stimulus checks, and my VA pension too. (which I earned also)

True, except that it isn't "a few' that are selling stuff. It is millions of businesses whoi need help to lift uo their sales.

As for the foreign made fall apart garbage, 4 previous presidents gave China unrestricted access to our MARKET. Thankfully, we have a president who has been fighting back at that now deep problem. We better re-elect him in November,or the foreign made fall apart garbage will saturate the country even wors ethan now as the globalists would take over.
If those businesses are viable they need to get back to work. If not they go the way of the dinosaur.

Forum List

Back