Republicans vs Republicans

Lower the standards for business conduct just because corporations are now feeling the pinch that they put on the little guy hard and heavy. Stimulus to insure that business that do nothing more than play the middle man between producer and consumer while they sell the American citizens short is bullshit. Again if they can't make it let them go broke. Your stimulus just lowers the purchasing power of the few dollars we have at the bottom of this heap of crap that has been building for some time now while a few enriched themselves and decided that they should be in charge and over and above everyone else.

I didn't say a thing about president Trump or slimy Biden either one. Congress is who needs a good cleaning out and that is not the presidents job; that is up to the people.
Well, the president and his cabinet is who has initiated the stimulus, that you're talking about. Also, I don't get how you can say >> "Your stimulus just lowers the purchasing power", when it does exactly the opposite of that. In the last stimulus ($1200), millions of people went out and bought things (including me), that they would not have bought otherwise.
And we had a really bad quarter economically. Lots of money went to dead people, lots of business help went to the really wealthy....

Nope, it will be one of the better days for this country, as the government finally comes together for the first time to fight ENEMY #1 which is coronavirus. It will be the turning of the tide and the start of getting the country out of the hole its in. There will be no economic improvement until the virus is contained and destroyed. As long as consumers feel unsafe, they will not spend their money. Without consumer spending returning to pre-virus levels, there will be no recovery.

The worse a country is hit by the virus, the worse the economic conditions it suffers. That is the key lesson of the last 6 months.
The country has ALREADY gotten on top of the corona virus, with the mortality rate reduced steadily, week by week, since April, from near 17,000 to less than 2,000 now. Trump has gotten so many ventilators manufactured and put to work that we're now exporting them. The Navy hospital ships that were sent to New York have improved that city and states' bad situation.
Hydroxycholoroquine has emerged as the primary cure for the virus, proven not only by the Henry Ford hospitals study, but by the shrinking mortality rate as well. Trump was right about that too.
Economic improvement is ALREADY underway, despite fake numbers constantly being cited by the Obama BEA.
Consumers have been spending money all along, and reports of a tanking economy are largely leftist media fake news, designed to make Trump look bad in time for the 2020 election. Ho hum. Yawn*****

I think the economy is in trouble until we get this virus under control. We haven’t had any good leadership. Lots of people that will get stimulus are already working, they aren’t spending cause it’s not safe to do so many things.
Public isn't buying that line. Trump's numbers are improving.

I think the economy is in trouble until we get this virus under control. We haven’t had any good leadership. Lots of people that will get stimulus are already working, they aren’t spending cause it’s not safe to do so many things.

It is not the virus that is harming the economy; it is corrupt politicians, using the virus as an excuse.

It is not the virus that is harming the economy; it is corrupt politicians, using the virus as an excuse.
We may not be aware of how true that is. It could be that the virus case number reports are massively inflated, just like the phony Obama-ridden BEA's laughingstock numbers on the economy, consistently paint a picture of disaster, attempting to disparage Trump, and rob him of his sterling achievement - the economy.

Lower the standards for business conduct just because corporations are now feeling the pinch that they put on the little guy hard and heavy. Stimulus to insure that business that do nothing more than play the middle man between producer and consumer while they sell the American citizens short is bullshit. Again if they can't make it let them go broke. Your stimulus just lowers the purchasing power of the few dollars we have at the bottom of this heap of crap that has been building for some time now while a few enriched themselves and decided that they should be in charge and over and above everyone else.

I didn't say a thing about president Trump or slimy Biden either one. Congress is who needs a good cleaning out and that is not the presidents job; that is up to the people.
Well, the president and his cabinet is who has initiated the stimulus, that you're talking about. Also, I don't get how you can say >> "Your stimulus just lowers the purchasing power", when it does exactly the opposite of that. In the last stimulus ($1200), millions of people went out and bought things (including me), that they would not have bought otherwise.
And the prices of basics just to survive continue to rise yet the income for those who have limited resources doesn't.

Emergency Vax cash in the trillions as long as they can keep saying that there is not viable treatment (which most know is total bullshit at this point)

vax cash.PNG

And the prices of basics just to survive continue to rise yet the income for those who have limited resources doesn't.
Many prices (ex. gas at the pump) have dropped, due to less demand from consumers have less $$ to spend.

The loss of the enhanced benefits take a huge chunk of money out of the economy.

No, it does not.

Only ignorant LIbEral cretins such as yourself, who fail to understand even the most basic principles of economics, believe that government can magically put wealth into the economy, without at least an equal cost somewhere else being taken out of the economy.

There is no evidence of that. There are not enough jobs at this point in time.

There were a lot more jobs, before corrupt Democrapic pieces of shit infesting various positions in government, deliberately and maliciously destroyed them as they shit down major parts of the economy.

I'm reminded of a faintly-remembered saying that I came across once, about government breaking your leg, and thinking you should be grateful when it gives you a crutch.

Oh shut up. Apparently anyone you disagree with is a liberal. The fact is that the payments have largely cushioned the economy from a Depression. It is not rocket science. Republicans have used the same argument in regards to tax cuts. Government can pump money into the economy. We will probably have to raise taxes in the future. However raising the top rate to 70% or some ridiculous figure will not work.

The unemployment rate was 4.7% when Trump took over. I have never given Obama credit and have not given Trump any credit for it.

And we had a really bad quarter economically. Lots of money went to dead people, lots of business help went to the really wealthy....

We kinew that was going to happen. The key was to get the money out the door as fast as possible.

Nope, it will be one of the better days for this country, as the government finally comes together for the first time to fight ENEMY #1 which is coronavirus. It will be the turning of the tide and the start of getting the country out of the hole its in. There will be no economic improvement until the virus is contained and destroyed. As long as consumers feel unsafe, they will not spend their money. Without consumer spending returning to pre-virus levels, there will be no recovery.

The worse a country is hit by the virus, the worse the economic conditions it suffers. That is the key lesson of the last 6 months.
The country has ALREADY gotten on top of the corona virus, with the mortality rate reduced steadily, week by week, since April, from near 17,000 to less than 2,000 now. Trump has gotten so many ventilators manufactured and put to work that we're now exporting them. The Navy hospital ships that were sent to New York have improved that city and states' bad situation.
Hydroxycholoroquine has emerged as the primary cure for the virus, proven not only by the Henry Ford hospitals study, but by the shrinking mortality rate as well. Trump was right about that too.
Economic improvement is ALREADY underway, despite fake numbers constantly being cited by the Obama BEA.
Consumers have been spending money all along, and reports of a tanking economy are largely leftist media fake news, designed to make Trump look bad in time for the 2020 election. Ho hum. Yawn*****

Try looking at other polls. This is clearly a outlier and given how Rasmussen whiffed in 2018, I would not put too much trust in that poll.

Try looking at other polls. This is clearly a outlier and given how Rasmussen whiffed in 2018, I would not put too much trust in that poll.
But you put trust in polls that were not as close to correct as Rasmussen was in 2016 ? And you put trust in polls that poll anybody (including young 18-29 year olds who typically don't vote), rather than just likely voters ? (as Rasmussen does)

And you put trust in polls that largely aren't answered at all by Republicans ?

Government can pump money into the economy.

That's just ignorant.

Government cannot “pump” anything into the economy, without taking at least as much out of the economy to pay for it.

The only thing thay genuinely pumps money into the economy is people working to produce valuable goodand services. Government has sabotaged that; and there is no way to mitigate it by shuffling extant wealth.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back