Republicans vs Republicans

58 years? You should be getting a nice lil social security check so what's your bitch?
I'm not doing the bitchin. Bob Baylock is. I'm cool with the stimulus checks, and my VA pension too. (which I earned also)
I'm not cool with saddling my grandchildren and great grandchildren with more debt in order to keep non viable businesses in business.

That money in one hand was taken out of someone else's hand. One person has more to spend, at the expense of someone else having less to spend,. On the whole, not a net gain to the economy.

The economy can only thrive on people working, creating wealth; not on reshuffling a finite and diminishing pool of existing wealth while a large portion of the workforce is forced into unproductive idleness.
You act like this is business as usual, and there is no coronavirus, and nobody is dying. Is that what you think ?

If those businesses are viable they need to get back to work. If not they go the way of the dinosaur.
Sure they should be open. BUT, All businesses need CUSTOMERS and $ALE$. Hard to get that from folks who are months behind in their bills.

I'm not cool with saddling my grandchildren and great grandchildren with more debt in order to keep non viable businesses in business.
Much of US debt is a crock. It is said that we owe a lot of money to China. We owe China NOTHING. China will NEVER be able to pay us back for saving their ass in World World 2, in which we lost hundreds of thousands of lives in the process.

Without that HUGE sacrifice, China wouldn't even exist today. They would be a colony of Japan.

And now with the coronavirus, aka the Chinavirus, they owe us even more.

If those businesses are viable they need to get back to work. If not they go the way of the dinosaur.
Sure they should be open. BUT, All businesses need CUSTOMERS and $ALE$. Hard to get that from folks who are months behind in their bills.
So you are free to help some of those poor people out with your own dime but not free to take away from everyone else. If a business has too many expenses they better either get out, figure out a way to cut some of their expenses or become more diverse. I'm seeing companies here take smaller type contracts that they have not bid on in 30 plus years. They are doing what they need to stay afloat. That is what a good business minded person does when things get tough; they either get it together to keep going or decide to get out. This lowering the standards in order to keep bad business afloat is bs. If you cannot pay your bills you better start rearranging your life style and finances because we do not have a communist style government (yet) and hopefully we never will (even though many would like to make it one).

You act like this is business as usual, and there is no coronavirus, and nobody is dying. Is that what you think ?

Same thing happens almost every year. Some new strain of flu or flu-like illness goes around, people, get sick, some die, the vast majority recover, and life goes on.

The only thing different this time, is that certain criminal pieces of shit in government saw and took an opportunity to exploit this outbreak for malevolent political purposes; and in pursuit of that agenda, have caused far more harm to society and to the people that comprise society, than the virus itself ever could have.

And why are so many people so far behind on their bills? Could it have something to do with businesses being shut down, and able people being forced out of work, while those who are allowed to continue working are being forced to carry the burden of those not working, along with their own?

On the one side, it is argued that Mitch McConnell is only giving in to Democrats' economic stimulus demands, because it is politically hazardous to allow Democrats to blame Republicans for not giving the American people economic relief when they badly need it.

On the other hand, it's argued that this money will have to be paid back, at some point, probably by future generations, who will get stuck with the bill.

While I don't disagree with both of these, I would like to add 2 more points of my own >>>

1. Many Americans are suffering, unexpected and extraordinary losses of income, and are in great need of economic assistance.

2. Many American businesses are suffering, and putting money into the hands of the lower economic classes of Americans, will surely see that money being pumped back into the economy, as $ALE$ for those businesses.

I think politics or no politics, debt or no debt, the stimulus checks are helpful and necessary.

What is necessary is to end the illegal economic shutdowns, let all businesses fully open, and allow and encourage all who are able to go back to work.

And to remove from office, and criminally prosecute for fraud and malfeasance, every single public servant who was responsible for these shutdowns in the first place.

No matter the excuse, shutting down large portions of the economy is unsustainable, and ultimately, taking money in taxes from those few who are still allowed to work to produce wealth, to be given to those forced into idleness, is no solution to the resulting economic disaster.

The economy can't recover until the virus is contained and destroyed. People will not leave their homes and spend money in large numbers until it is safe. Until you make the environment safe to conduct business, people will stay home. Shutdown is the only way to contain and destroy the virus without a vaccine. Had the United States conducted a full national shutdown until infection rates declined to low levels, we would be out of this mess already.

But Trump did nothing. Left it up to the states to decide what to do. The results. 160,000 people dead, a pandemic raging uncontrollably. The worst recession since the 1930s.

The Democrats will control both houses of congress and the white house after November 3, 2020.
What was left of the Republic will be dead on that night then. The Democracy we have then will be moved much more authoritarian as the tyranny expands and freedom of speech becomes more limited as personal destruction will come from it. Employment, purchasing products and surviving will be at the whim of the government as oppression on those who do not comply rises and takes hold. People will become hardened as they become poorer and the Prog police state advances and actually puts down riots from their own as their power will now be entrenched.

My buddy has 5 pot grow houses. The prices have skyrocketed. Why? Because people are getting stimulus’s and extra unemployment and they are sitting at home bored.
Don't patronize the gougers. I was going to but a shotgun. Shotguns had become very scarce. I found one store that RARELY had a gun I was looking for. They raised the price from $180 to $260. I told them "I came here to buy a shotgun, not get ripped off." and I walked out, without the shotgun.
The price of bleach has doubled in the last few months too.
Ever since trump's presser on April 24th, bleach and lysol has been flying off the shelves.
Are they drinking it?

On the one side, it is argued that Mitch McConnell is only giving in to Democrats' economic stimulus demands, because it is politically hazardous to allow Democrats to blame Republicans for not giving the American people economic relief when they badly need it.

On the other hand, it's argued that this money will have to be paid back, at some point, probably by future generations, who will get stuck with the bill.

While I don't disagree with both of these, I would like to add 2 more points of my own >>>

1. Many Americans are suffering, unexpected and extraordinary losses of income, and are in great need of economic assistance.

2. Many American businesses are suffering, and putting money into the hands of the lower economic classes of Americans, will surely see that money being pumped back into the economy, as $ALE$ for those businesses.

I think politics or no politics, debt or no debt, the stimulus checks are helpful and necessary.
My buddy has 5 pot grow houses. The prices have skyrocketed. Why? Because people are getting stimulus’s and extra unemployment and they are sitting at home bored.
And smoking dope making them even more useless.
I don’t know about that. I’m a pot head and my bosses know it and I’m one of the most valuable people in my company. I’m not a doctor or school bus driver or spirit airline pilot I’m just a sales guy. But a damn good one.

Are you a square?

I don’t know about that. I’m a pot head and my bosses know it and I’m one of the most valuable people in my company.

That sure doesn't say anything good for your company, does it?
It doesn’t say anything about my company. They found a golden goose or cash cow that happens to like smoking pot. You’re just a square. Go have a beer dummy.

And why are so many people so far behind on their bills? Could it have something to do with businesses being shut down, and able people being forced out of work, while those who are allowed to continue working are being forced to carry the burden of those not working, along with their own?
Yeah.

So you are free to help some of those poor people out with your own dime but not free to take away from everyone else. If a business has too many expenses they better either get out, figure out a way to cut some of their expenses or become more diverse. I'm seeing companies here take smaller type contracts that they have not bid on in 30 plus years. They are doing what they need to stay afloat. That is what a good business minded person does when things get tough; they either get it together to keep going or decide to get out. This lowering the standards in order to keep bad business afloat is bs. If you cannot pay your bills you better start rearranging your life style and finances because we do not have a communist style government (yet) and hopefully we never will (even though many would like to make it one).
Lowering WHAT standards ? Got no idea what your talking about . What the TRUMP Admin. is doing, is OK with me. Looks like better standards than what we had before. You wanna go back to that ? You want Biden Brainjob in November ?

If it wasn’t for democrats, the first act would have given anyone making under 75k $600 instead of $1200. There would also be no extra unemployment benefits at all. Hospitals would still be fucked.

If it wasn’t for democrats, the first act would have given anyone making under 75k $600 instead of $1200. There would also be no extra unemployment benefits at all. Hospitals would still be fucked.
I don't recall anything like that. Got a source link ? (not a leftist-loon one)

I do recall if it wasn't for Republicans, millions of our tax dollars would have gone to illegal alien invaders.

I don't recall anything like that. Got a source link ? (not a leftist-loon one)

I do recall if it wasn't for Republicans, millions of our tax dollars would have gone to illegal alien invaders.

“The draft legislation, obtained by Fox News, would provide minimum payments of $600 for those with no federal tax liability, and aid would be phased down at adjusted gross income thresholds of $75,000 for individuals and $150,000 per couple. Additionally, there would be $500 payments for each child.”

No mention at all of unemployment benefits.

Forum List

Back