Republicans vs Republicans

On the one side, it is argued that Mitch McConnell is only giving in to Democrats' economic stimulus demands, because it is politically hazardous to allow Democrats to blame Republicans for not giving the American people economic relief when they badly need it.

On the other hand, it's argued that this money will have to be paid back, at some point, probably by future generations, who will get stuck with the bill.

While I don't disagree with both of these, I would like to add 2 more points of my own >>>

1. Many Americans are suffering, unexpected and extraordinary losses of income, and are in great need of economic assistance.

2. Many American businesses are suffering, and putting money into the hands of the lower economic classes of Americans, will surely see that money being pumped back into the economy, as $ALE$ for those businesses.

I think politics or no politics, debt or no debt, the stimulus checks are helpful and necessary.

The unemployment checks are necessary as well. The loss of the enhanced benefits take a huge chunk of money out of the economy. Thyat means fewer sales and more people losing their jobs.

Never got the 1rst so called stimulus and we are pretty cash poor and have been since the bank and the court pulled all its fraud in 2002. A lot of people including a lot of so call Republicans have basically said too bad get over it. So to all those ones I say "get over it" and "get a job" (no job? make one)

What is happening now makes everything look like a tea party. When you take money out of the economy, more jobs are lost. Takie your shit and shove it up your ass.

I don't agree with giving the general public enough money, so that they won't bother going out looking for a job and just be happy sucking on the government teat. Eventually, the money runs out. A common mistake is that when a government runs out of money, they just print more, then it becomes a runaway train wreck, with spiraling inflation, where you see people using wheelbarrows full of largely worthless currency. So, Americans have to get back to work. The last thing we need to see is a repeat of Venezuela, where people are starving, eating their pets and scrounging for food anywhere they can find it.

There is no evidence of that. There are not enough jobs at this point in time.

Never got the 1rst so called stimulus and we are pretty cash poor and have been since the bank and the court pulled all its fraud in 2002. A lot of people including a lot of so call Republicans have basically said too bad get over it. So to all those ones I say "get over it" and "get a job" (no job? make one)
tell bar rag obama...maybe he bailed another bank out with it...its getting close to christmas and those CEOs need their millions in bonuses

On the one side, it is argued that Mitch McConnell is only giving in to Democrats' economic stimulus demands, because it is politically hazardous to allow Democrats to blame Republicans for not giving the American people economic relief when they badly need it.

On the other hand, it's argued that this money will have to be paid back, at some point, probably by future generations, who will get stuck with the bill.

While I don't disagree with both of these, I would like to add 2 more points of my own >>>

1. Many Americans are suffering, unexpected and extraordinary losses of income, and are in great need of economic assistance.

2. Many American businesses are suffering, and putting money into the hands of the lower economic classes of Americans, will surely see that money being pumped back into the economy, as $ALE$ for those businesses.

I think politics or no politics, debt or no debt, the stimulus checks are helpful and necessary.

What is necessary is to end the illegal economic shutdowns, let all businesses fully open, and allow and encourage all who are able to go back to work.

And to remove from office, and criminally prosecute for fraud and malfeasance, every single public servant who was responsible for these shutdowns in the first place.

No matter the excuse, shutting down large portions of the economy is unsustainable, and ultimately, taking money in taxes from those few who are still allowed to work to produce wealth, to be given to those forced into idleness, is no solution to the resulting economic disaster.

The economy can't recover until the virus is contained and destroyed. People will not leave their homes and spend money in large numbers until it is safe. Until you make the environment safe to conduct business, people will stay home. Shutdown is the only way to contain and destroy the virus without a vaccine. Had the United States conducted a full national shutdown until infection rates declined to low levels, we would be out of this mess already.

But Trump did nothing. Left it up to the states to decide what to do. The results. 160,000 people dead, a pandemic raging uncontrollably. The worst recession since the 1930s.

The Democrats will control both houses of congress and the white house after November 3, 2020.
every public servant that Shut Down the USA is democrat...whine piss and moan democrats...so you contradicted yourself because the culprits(democrats) will be locked up come november....duh

My buddy has 5 pot grow houses. The prices have skyrocketed. Why? Because people are getting stimulus’s and extra unemployment and they are sitting at home bored.
Don't patronize the gougers. I was going to but a shotgun. Shotguns had become very scarce. I found one store that RARELY had a gun I was looking for. They raised the price from $180 to $260. I told them "I came here to buy a shotgun, not get ripped off." and I walked out, without the shotgun.
The price of bleach has doubled in the last few months too.
Ever since trump's presser on April 24th, bleach and lysol has been flying off the shelves.
Are they drinking it?
I'm sure quite a few of his hardcore toadies have been adding it to their 15 or so daily cups of RWNJ Kool-Aid.

So you are free to help some of those poor people out with your own dime but not free to take away from everyone else. If a business has too many expenses they better either get out, figure out a way to cut some of their expenses or become more diverse. I'm seeing companies here take smaller type contracts that they have not bid on in 30 plus years. They are doing what they need to stay afloat. That is what a good business minded person does when things get tough; they either get it together to keep going or decide to get out. This lowering the standards in order to keep bad business afloat is bs. If you cannot pay your bills you better start rearranging your life style and finances because we do not have a communist style government (yet) and hopefully we never will (even though many would like to make it one).
Lowering WHAT standards ? Got no idea what your talking about . What the TRUMP Admin. is doing, is OK with me. Looks like better standards than what we had before. You wanna go back to that ? You want Biden Brainjob in November ?
Lower the standards for business conduct just because corporations are now feeling the pinch that they put on the little guy hard and heavy. Stimulus to insure that business that do nothing more than play the middle man between producer and consumer while they sell the American citizens short is bullshit. Again if they can't make it let them go broke. Your stimulus just lowers the purchasing power of the few dollars we have at the bottom of this heap of crap that has been building for some time now while a few enriched themselves and decided that they should be in charge and over and above everyone else.

I didn't say a thing about president Trump or slimy Biden either one. Congress is who needs a good cleaning out and that is not the presidents job; that is up to the people.

What is happening now makes everything look like a tea party. When you take money out of the economy, more jobs are lost. Takie your shit and shove it up your ass.
Your barking up the wrong tree. You better bitch at those who are stuffing their pockets at the taxpayers expense and leading people down the shit path. GFY

The loss of the enhanced benefits take a huge chunk of money out of the economy.

No, it does not.

Only ignorant LIbEral cretins such as yourself, who fail to understand even the most basic principles of economics, believe that government can magically put wealth into the economy, without at least an equal cost somewhere else being taken out of the economy.

There is no evidence of that. There are not enough jobs at this point in time.

There were a lot more jobs, before corrupt Democrapic pieces of shit infesting various positions in government, deliberately and maliciously destroyed them as they shit down major parts of the economy.

I'm reminded of a faintly-remembered saying that I came across once, about government breaking your leg, and thinking you should be grateful when it gives you a crutch.

Last edited:

What is necessary is to end the illegal economic shutdowns, let all businesses fully open, and allow and encourage all who are able to go back to work.

And to remove from office, and criminally prosecute for fraud and malfeasance, every single public servant who was responsible for these shutdowns in the first place.

No matter the excuse, shutting down large portions of the economy is unsustainable, and ultimately, taking money in taxes from those few who are still allowed to work to produce wealth, to be given to those forced into idleness, is no solution to the resulting economic disaster.

The economy can't recover until the virus is contained and destroyed. People will not leave their homes and spend money in large numbers until it is safe. Until you make the environment safe to conduct business, people will stay home. Shutdown is the only way to contain and destroy the virus without a vaccine. Had the United States conducted a full national shutdown until infection rates declined to low levels, we would be out of this mess already.

But Trump did nothing. Left it up to the states to decide what to do. The results. 160,000 people dead, a pandemic raging uncontrollably. The worst recession since the 1930s.

The Democrats will control both houses of congress and the white house after November 3, 2020.
What was left of the Republic will be dead on that night then. The Democracy we have then will be moved much more authoritarian as the tyranny expands and freedom of speech becomes more limited as personal destruction will come from it. Employment, purchasing products and surviving will be at the whim of the government as oppression on those who do not comply rises and takes hold. People will become hardened as they become poorer and the Prog police state advances and actually puts down riots from their own as their power will now be entrenched.

Nope, it will be one of the better days for this country, as the government finally comes together for the first time to fight ENEMY #1 which is coronavirus. It will be the turning of the tide and the start of getting the country out of the hole its in. There will be no economic improvement until the virus is contained and destroyed. As long as consumers feel unsafe, they will not spend their money. Without consumer spending returning to pre-virus levels, there will be no recovery.

The worse a country is hit by the virus, the worse the economic conditions it suffers. That is the key lesson of the last 6 months.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

Wrong # 1 - People have been leaving their homes, and spending money all along. At the beginning of the virus, I drove to WalMart and thought I would see an almost empty parking lot. I could hardly find a place to park it was so jammed. Stores are as crowded as they've ever been. Reports of the economy being really bad, are questionable, to say the least.

Wrong # 2 - Trump has done a lot to fix the virus problem, and is a success story.
As early as January, he blocked travel from China, well before the Europeans did. He also sent those 2 big, Navy, hospital ships to New York, authorized the stimulus checks, started the Task Force, and in January got the NIH working on a vaccine, the work of which is well underway. He advocated hydroxychloroquine, now proven to be an effective cure, in combination with other items. Back in early February, the CDC began shipping CDC-Developed test kits to U.S. and international labs. He also got millions of ventilators produced, so many that now we're exporting them.
And lastly, Trump has brought the US death rate waaaay down from almost 17,000/week in mid-April, to only 1280/week last week. Tomorrow's reported number will be even lower. Huge success.

Wrong # 3 - Republicans will control both houses of congress and the white house after November 3, 2020. Americans won't vote for anarchy, and criminal mayors.

1. What you see in your local community cannot be extrapolated across the entire country. Its a fact that the United States is currently experiencing the highest unemployment rates since the 1930s. 14.7% in April, 13.3% in May, 11.1% in June. Each one of those months saw unemployment at levels not seen since the 1930s. Before April, 10.8% unemployment in December 1982 was the record high since the 1930s.

2. Blocking one country, China, in a pandemic accomplishes nothing. A pandemic does not care about national borders, it only cares about human hosts. An effective response to the pandemic would have been sealing the country off from the outside world like Taiwan did back in January. Trump did not do that, and simply blocked one country. He waited until the end of March to seal the country off, like Taiwan had done 2 months earlier. The Result, Taiwan has only 7 people dead, while the United States has lost 160,000 people. The United States has the 9th highest per capita infection rate in the world and the 10th highest per capita death rate in the world from covid-19. 1,462 Americans died on Friday, which is 50% of the peak high of daily deaths from April. Infections on Friday were 71,000+, nearly double the peak back in April.

3. Few people like Trump except for his hardcore base. That is not enough to win a national election. The United States is a diverse country and in order to have resounding victory, you need support from every group in America. Trump is a divider, not a uniter. Democrats will sweep the House, Senate and White House. The Republicans won't be competitive again in national elections until they go back to their Reagan/Bush years and repudiate the Trump era.

“The draft legislation, obtained by Fox News, would provide minimum payments of $600 for those with no federal tax liability, and aid would be phased down at adjusted gross income thresholds of $75,000 for individuals and $150,000 per couple. Additionally, there would be $500 payments for each child.”

No mention at all of unemployment benefits.
Notice how Democrats waited for Republicans to issue a draft, and only then Democrats propose theirs, using the Republican proposal as a weapon against them. They issue a proposal that is tailored to top the Republican one, and then say "See ? Ours is better."

Everything Democrats do is political, to gain advantage, and boost votes for themselves. Problem with their proposals is they propose TOO MUCH to be spent, and for some wrong things (like illegal aliens). If it wasn't for the Republicans, that's where millions of out tax dollars would have gone.

Pelosi and Schumer in a joint statement said >> "stimulus proposal must include new, strong and strict provisions that prioritize and protect workers," Notice how these Democrat globalists say "workers" rather than US workers. So they propose a bill that would have taken money (and jobs) away from US workers, by giving it to foreign workers here illegally.

Last edited:

“The draft legislation, obtained by Fox News, would provide minimum payments of $600 for those with no federal tax liability, and aid would be phased down at adjusted gross income thresholds of $75,000 for individuals and $150,000 per couple. Additionally, there would be $500 payments for each child.”

No mention at all of unemployment benefits.
Notice how Democrats waited for Republicans to issue a draft, and only then Democrats propose theirs, using the Republican proposal as a weapon against them. They issue a proposal that is tailored to top the Republican one, and then say "See ? Ours is better."

Everything Democrats do is political, to gain advantage, and boost votes for themselves. Problem with their proposals is they propose TOO MUCH to be spent, and for some wrong things (like illegal aliens). If it wasn't for the Republicans, that's where millions of out tax dollars would have gone.
Not entirely sure which bill came first last time, but this time, Democrats finished their bill In May. Republicans barely hobbled together their plan last minute and how it’s too late to avoid a disruption in the UI benefits. But why do I bother explaining that to you? You’re going to defend the putrid scum in the senate either way.

It’s amazing how it has always been democrats pushing for the stuff you want but you’re too much of a pussy to give them credit for it.

Not entirely sure which bill came first last time, but this time, Democrats finished their bill In May. Republicans barely hobbled together their plan last minute and how it’s too late to avoid a disruption in the UI benefits. But why do I bother explaining that to you? You’re going to defend the putrid scum in the senate either way.

It’s amazing how it has always been democrats pushing for the stuff you want but you’re too much of a pussy to give them credit for it.
1. I AM sure, the Republican one came first, as the Democrats waited so they could one up it, after it was announced,

2. If you hadn't been so anxious to respond, and responded so quickly, you might have seen my ENTIRE post (3 paragraphs). You got your answer posted before I even finished posting my post.

You may now go ahead and respond to the the 3rd paragragh. (not that you could have much to say about it)
Notice how you know Democrat protection of illegal aliens harm you, but you're too much of a pussy to give them blame for it.

The unemployment checks are necessary as well. The loss of the enhanced benefits take a huge chunk of money out of the economy. Thyat means fewer sales and more people losing their jobs.
They are a good thing, as long as they don't surpass the amounts that workers were paid on their jobs. Not good for workers to get paid more from unemployment insurance than from their job paychecks, as that derails their incentive to go back to work.

1. I AM sure, the Republican one came first, as the Democrats waited so they could one up it, after it was announced,

2. If you hadn't been so anxious to respond, and responded so quickly, you might have seen my ENTIRE post (3 paragraphs). You got your answer posted before I even finished posting my post.

You may now go ahead and respond to the the 3rd paragragh. (not that you could have much to say about it)
Notice how you know Democrat protection of illegal aliens harm you, but you're too much of a pussy to give them blame for it.
1) Do you have proof that? That bill the republicans gave was their THIRD version before the deal was made. And why are you just pretending the dem Bill this time around didn’t come out in May?

2) Lol you’re such a whiny little bitch about immigration. What does your quote even refer to as far as illegal aliens go? Even if you don’t like everything the Dems put forward, you’re too much of a pussy to give them credit for what you do like. Republicans didn’t give a shit about UI benefits. They also didn’t give a shit about the poor by only offering $600 for those under 75k.

Lower the standards for business conduct just because corporations are now feeling the pinch that they put on the little guy hard and heavy. Stimulus to insure that business that do nothing more than play the middle man between producer and consumer while they sell the American citizens short is bullshit. Again if they can't make it let them go broke. Your stimulus just lowers the purchasing power of the few dollars we have at the bottom of this heap of crap that has been building for some time now while a few enriched themselves and decided that they should be in charge and over and above everyone else.

I didn't say a thing about president Trump or slimy Biden either one. Congress is who needs a good cleaning out and that is not the presidents job; that is up to the people.
Well, the president and his cabinet is who has initiated the stimulus, that you're talking about. Also, I don't get how you can say >> "Your stimulus just lowers the purchasing power", when it does exactly the opposite of that. In the last stimulus ($1200), millions of people went out and bought things (including me), that they would not have bought otherwise.

Last edited:
If people are hurting then send them some $$$. What difference does it make now that we are in debt anyway. It's difficult to make it on $20 an hour. 7.25 is impossible no matter where one lives. For that one shouldn't be working very hard.

I think the economy is in trouble until we get this virus under control. We haven’t had any good leadership. Lots of people that will get stimulus are already working, they aren’t spending cause it’s not safe to do so many things.

1. What you see in your local community cannot be extrapolated across the entire country. Its a fact that the United States is currently experiencing the highest unemployment rates since the 1930s. 14.7% in April, 13.3% in May, 11.1% in June. Each one of those months saw unemployment at levels not seen since the 1930s. Before April, 10.8% unemployment in December 1982 was the record high since the 1930s.

2. Blocking one country, China, in a pandemic accomplishes nothing. A pandemic does not care about national borders, it only cares about human hosts. An effective response to the pandemic would have been sealing the country off from the outside world like Taiwan did back in January. Trump did not do that, and simply blocked one country. He waited until the end of March to seal the country off, like Taiwan had done 2 months earlier. The Result, Taiwan has only 7 people dead, while the United States has lost 160,000 people. The United States has the 9th highest per capita infection rate in the world and the 10th highest per capita death rate in the world from covid-19. 1,462 Americans died on Friday, which is 50% of the peak high of daily deaths from April. Infections on Friday were 71,000+, nearly double the peak back in April.

3. Few people like Trump except for his hardcore base. That is not enough to win a national election. The United States is a diverse country and in order to have resounding victory, you need support from every group in America. Trump is a divider, not a uniter. Democrats will sweep the House, Senate and White House. The Republicans won't be competitive again in national elections until they go back to their Reagan/Bush years and repudiate the Trump era.
1. Your #1 response of your post # 71, doesn't correlate to my # 1 comment that it addressed. You're now talking about unemployment. I was talking about shoppers going to stores.

2. When Trump issued his China travel ban, it was Democrats who opposed it, calling it "racist". If they had been in power, there would have been even more US deaths than there have been.
Taiwan is a tiny country of 23 million, and is an isolated island, with nowhere near the globalist connections that the US has, much of which comes from ill-advised immigration, most of which is supported by Democrats, including illegal unvetted immigration.
So now you want to talk about the statistics of Covid, do you ? OK. Just note that in mid-April, US deaths were almost 17,000 per week (16,985). That number has steadily gone down, week by week to now only 1,780 - 10% of what it was 3 months ago. A major success for the Trump administration, and its strong and effective efforts.
Also, your number of "1,462 Americans died on Friday" is FALSE. From July 25 to July 31, 1,780 American died (according to CDC), and you would have us believe that in that 7 day period, 1.462 (82%) died on that one day ? Not hardly.

Here's the CDC numbers. Check them for yourself. April to August >>>

3. You have no idea how many people like Trump. Even the Democrat polls have been showing him with approval ratings about equivalent to Biden. Seeing as how practically no Republicans answer these polls, Trump's approval out to be less than that of Congress (about 10%).

Trump is not a divider. He is a uniter. With the lowest unemployment levels in US history for blacks, Hispanics, Asians, veterans, disabled people, and people without a high school diploma, he has gained much support among these groups. Also has attained the lowest unemployment for women in over 70 years.
Republicans will sweep the House, Senate and White House. Democrats will never be competitive again, Their party will cease to exist, and the 2 party system will become one of conservative and moderate Republicans.
Democrats have gone far looney-left, and even brain damaged Biden has openly advocated redirecting funds away from police, at a time when leftist anarchists are calling for that.
Trump is now the law and order president, and that is supported by the overwhelming majority of the American people, including blacks, and especially them.

Forum List

Back