Republicans oppose economic stimulus

That would be ZERO. FUCKING ZERO.

Yeah, but a jillion squillion jobs were "saved".

So, in essence, you are agreeing that extending the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy did nothing for unemployment?

it did not...no.

You know...if you have a leak in a boat...and you fix it....but while fixing it you decided to also install a new floor drain...and you cut corners and decided to not use any type of washer on the new drain....

Your boat will still have a leak....even though you did the smart thing and fixed the leak.

That would be ZERO. FUCKING ZERO.

So, in essence, you are agreeing that extending the Bush tax cuts for the wealthy did nothing for unemployment?
No, I'm throwing the hopelessly flawed "jobs saved" rubric back at y'all.

You want to buy into the bullshit if it makes your boy look good, then it only follows......

it did not...no.

You know...if you have a leak in a boat...and you fix it....but while fixing it you decided to also install a new floor drain...and you cut corners and decided to not use any type of washer on the new drain....

Your boat will still have a leak....even though you did the smart thing and fixed the leak.
More like that you plugged the leak in one end of the boat, then shot several holes in the other end, then claim that the plug didn't work.

because the government spending money doesn't fix the economy, but the government taking less money from the people is a whole different story

Exactly HOW MANY jobs were created by extending the Bush tax cuts on the wealthy, err, I mean "job creators"?

Noone ever claimed extending them would create jobs. But I remember the whole create or save debacle that Obama spewed that resulted in wasted billions without ever creating one job, all that happened was 2 million people went to the unemployment lines.

because the government spending money doesn't fix the economy, but the government taking less money from the people is a whole different story

Exactly HOW MANY jobs were created by extending the Bush tax cuts on the wealthy, err, I mean "job creators"?

Noone ever claimed extending them would create jobs. But I remember the whole create or save debacle that Obama spewed that resulted in wasted billions without ever creating one job, all that happened was 2 million people went to the unemployment lines.

yes...but it could have been 5 million!!!!!!!

Why on earth would we support something that will not do what it claims to do but put us further in debt?

NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Economists were uniform in their reaction to the GOP's letter to Federal Reserve chairman Ben Bernanke -- mind your own business.

Dan Greenhaus, chief strategist at BTIG Strategy, writes "virtually every sober minded analyst in the country would believe that to the extent we have a central bank, that central bank should be as divorced from politicians as is humanly possible." In other words, the Fed should remain "independent."

GOP's Two Cents to Bernanke Is Just That - TheStreet

I got a better question for you then 2000-2008 unemployment was between 4 and 6% ending at just under 5%. Within a year of obama being elected unemployment literally doubled and was further increased by 3% AFTER his first trillion dollar stimulus.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the definition of insanity doing the same thing and expecting a different result?

If you ad 2+2 and get 4 do you think the next time you try your gonna get 5?

Forum List

Back