Republicans now want to eliminate taxes on most of the rich

Your taxes at 0% are the lowest they have ever been... maybe we should raise yours too???

So, what you're saying is, you won't be happy until taxes are at 0%? Sorry, it doesn't work that way. It sounds great. Yaaa, I pay absolutely no taxes! But then you realize that your roads aren't being repaired, the education system is non-existent and the military has been reduced to a couple of guys with baseball bats. Taxes serve a purpose.

People or corporations are free to do what they want with the $$ they have... you every think that investment is lagging because the outlook of the current policies is not good/? That people and corporations may want to actually make money back after losing so much BEFORE they take on more expenditures in salary or anything else?? And you know, they are supposed to have the FREEDOM to do such a thing...

Sustainable jobs do not come from increased taxation and more government red tape...

Apparently, sustainable jobs don't come from tax cuts either. Otherwise, the lowest tax rates since the 50's and 10 years of Bush's tax cuts would have created some jobs. But since Bush created only 3 million jobs over 8 years, obviously, tax cuts don't create jobs.

No... what I am saying, moron, is what I have been saying all along.... every dollar earned by every citizen taxed at exactly the same rate with no exceptions... equal treatment of all under government, and not selective equal treatment for political gain... if 15% across the board is required, then so be it.. if 20%, so be it... but it is EQUAL.. no exceptions....

You did say you want taxes to be at 0%. And by the way, by calling me a moron, what you're saying is, you don't want me to take your argument seriously. Congrats, in trying to make your point, you managed to be such an asshole that I have no interest in your viewpoint.

I find it rather amusing that people who do not understand the real tax code on things like capital gains on housing are spouting off about how egregious it is.

They got some vague notion from some talking head about capital gains taxes and then try to rag on something they bearly have a clue about.

Here's an idea for you radical lefties, try living with lower taxes, you might like it and it might jump start the economy and create jobs. If you don't like it just donate half your assets to the government every year.

We are living with lower taxes (of course, the rich have an even lower rate than the rest of us). Tax rates are the lowest they've been in 60 years. So, where are those jobs again?

They don't even have to do that

250k is excluded.

Also excluded are the total cost of any improvements to the home - such as additional rooms, a swimming pool, etc.

Then its only 15% on what remains. What remains is the actual gain due to the market - forces the home owner can't really control. They can pay for an addition to the home and increase its value that way, but they have at best indirect control over the market forces that determine the house's value. So the taxation is actually only on the amount they didn't have to work for minus 250k.

Example:

You buy a house for 100k

Over the years, you put in 125k worth of additions - a pool, a larger bedroom, a garage, a burgular alarm - etc.

Also over the years, the house gains an additional 400k in value because the neighborhood is great and prices in general are rising.

You sell the house for 400k+125k+100k=625k

The 100k and 125 are part of the basis and not taxed.

You get taxed on only that 400k - 250k.

And we're supposed to fucking cry for them.

You're supposed to learn from them and try to be like them when you grow up

Why the fuck would I want a million dollar home? Do you know how much the property taxes and insurance would run on such a place? Its high enough on the 197k home we have now. Not to mention the upkeep! Sorry, but we're too proud to hire a maid.

For me, that capital would be best invested elsewhere.

Sorry, but I'm not about consuming much more than I need just to feel good about myself.

I have been in new home construction for 30 years and on these monster HOMES every home buyer is calling back complaining about their utility bills---:cuckoo:

Another cost they forget about--:lol:

Here's an idea for you radical lefties, try living with lower taxes, you might like it and it might jump start the economy and create jobs. If you don't like it just donate half your assets to the government every year.

We are living with lower taxes (of course, the rich have an even lower rate than the rest of us). Tax rates are the lowest they've been in 60 years. So, where are those jobs again?

Are you against Mitt Romney's plan of eliminating capital gains tax on the middle class--who earn less that 200K per year?

Democrats don't talk about it much but capital gains tax and it's related "death tax" do more to hurt the middle class. Farms and property and homes that have been in the same family for generations are often forced to be sold because family members can't afford the "death tax".

There is presently a 5 million dollar exemption. This exemption is portable between spouse's - for example, your wife dies, leaving you 3 million. You die with 7 million. All 10 million are exempt.

I've seen a relatively low income person win a new car in a raffle and be forced to sell it and continue riding in a junker because they couldn't afford the up front "capital gains" tax.

Then they were stupid, because a car won in a raffle is taxed as ordinary income, not as a capital gain.

So, what you're saying is, you won't be happy until taxes are at 0%? Sorry, it doesn't work that way. It sounds great. Yaaa, I pay absolutely no taxes! But then you realize that your roads aren't being repaired, the education system is non-existent and the military has been reduced to a couple of guys with baseball bats. Taxes serve a purpose.

Apparently, sustainable jobs don't come from tax cuts either. Otherwise, the lowest tax rates since the 50's and 10 years of Bush's tax cuts would have created some jobs. But since Bush created only 3 million jobs over 8 years, obviously, tax cuts don't create jobs.

No... what I am saying, moron, is what I have been saying all along.... every dollar earned by every citizen taxed at exactly the same rate with no exceptions... equal treatment of all under government, and not selective equal treatment for political gain... if 15% across the board is required, then so be it.. if 20%, so be it... but it is EQUAL.. no exceptions....

You did say you want taxes to be at 0%. And by the way, by calling me a moron, what you're saying is, you don't want me to take your argument seriously. Congrats, in trying to make your point, you managed to be such an asshole that I have no interest in your viewpoint.

He called it like he saw you :rofl:

Five GOP Presidential Candidates Have Proposed Eliminating Capital Gains Tax, A $1 Trillion Giveaway To The Rich | ThinkProgress
At least five Republican presidential candidates support eliminating taxes on capital gains, proposing even deeper cuts than former President George W. Bush endorsed and standing in contrast to advocates of higher investment tax rates such as Warren Buffett.

According to published reports or their websites, Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, Texas Congressman Ron Paul, former pizza executive Herman Cain and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich have said they back getting rid of the capital gains tax, which now has a top rate of 15 percent for most assets held for more than a year.

Awesome. So for those unaware - the way MOST of the filthy rich make their income is by capital gains. They pay 15% on their income obtained by capital gains. The exceptions would be those filthy rich that actually get up and work everyday - successful businessmen, salaried CEO's, highly paid doctors, etc. - those rich folk have to pay bout 35% on their income.

Now the Republicans propose we allow the former class - those that make their money off of pushing electronic pieces of paper around without actually producing anything - should pay ZERO taxes.

The richest of the rich presently average 17% in income tax because most of their income is taxed at the 15% rate. Under the Republican plan to eliminate taxes on capital gains - their tax rate would drop down to 2%.

2% tax on the uber rich

While I pay 15%

And no doubt many posters on this board pay considerably more.

The Republican plan is the fuck the middle class as hard as possible and give everything to the rich - especially the unproductive rich

Nope--Mitt Romney's plan is to eliminate capital gains tax for those making under 200K per year which is the MIDDLE CLASS-----:cuckoo:

Yeah- I don't see him in the OP list:

According to published reports or their websites, Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann, Texas Congressman Ron Paul, former pizza executive Herman Cain and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich have said they back getting rid of the capital gains tax, which now has a top rate of 15 percent for most assets held for more than a year.
Why can't we just give the middle class a tax break on their earned income? Is earned income somehow less virtuous than investment income?

It's high time you liberals understood the difference between earned income and investment income which is taxed differently.
We know the difference, thanks. That's in fact the entire point of the OP. You're fucking stupid.

If Warren Buffet really wanted to pay his fair share in taxes all he needs to do is give himself a PAYCHECK--and get hammered like the rest of us. ]/quote] The "rest of us" doesn't include most of the uber-rich - almost all of their income is by capital gain.

BUT--it does no good to raise capital gains tax because you would be hitting the majority of the middle class--for their 401'K's and savings for their kids college funds.

401(k)'s do not pay capital gains tax
And there are already numerous benefits to paying for someone's tuition in the tax code that offset any taxes on those savings. Plus tax advantaged savings plans like the 529.

For example, a middle class person might put in $10,000 to a college fund over time, it could go up to $20,000. Some of those gains would be interest dividends, taxed at about 15% for the middle class, and some would be capital, taxed at about 5%. So lets say around $1200 in taxes on the gains. But as that money was spent on education, they can deduct it - or take education credits - and get back around %20 usually as they spend it back out - prolly around $4000 in tax credits after spending the whole thing. There's a net tax benefit really.

Last edited:

No speaka da engrish???

Show me where I said that you fucking buffoon....

I said... "Your taxes at 0% are the lowest they have ever been... maybe we should raise yours too???"

Maybe you could try a reading comprehension class or actually passing 4th grade so that you can work a job that is higher than fry cook

Are you against Mitt Romney's plan of eliminating capital gains tax on the middle class--who earn less that 200K per year?

I don't know much about finances, but anything that helps out the middle class sounds good to me. Just so long as it doesn't have an unintended negative impact elsewhere in the market.

What the dipshit wing of the Democrats doesn't get is the potential stimulus effect of money us rich folks have invested that has earned nice gains but we're reluctant to sell because we don't want to give the friggin' government 15% of what we've earned putting our money at risk. So if someone has no pressing need to cash out an investment it's better to just let it sit and, hopefully, wait things out until we've got either enough control in congress to override a president's veto or control along with the White House so the gains tax can go away.

When that happens we'll sell. And guess what we'll do with the original investment plus its gain? We'll reinvest some of it, we'll spend some of it, banks some of it, etc. All of which could be happening now if the Dimocrats weren't so dim.

We're still waiting on the trickle-down from your tax cuts. 'The tax cuts will create jobs', the GOP said, 'The rich will invest'. Your taxes are the lowest they've been in 60 years. Corporations are sitting on 2 trillion in cash. CEO's earn more money than their entire corporation pays in taxes. But still the jobs aren't coming. And now you want us to believe that eliminating the CG tax will create jobs? Is this a joke? We're still waiting on the jobs from the ten years of Bush's tax cuts.

I'm still waiting on those shovel ready jobs Obama promised. Have they showed up yet?

Oh, don't tell me you missed Barry boy and the clowns he was with that day laughing about the shovel ready jobs that never happened? It was really really funny because all those out of work folks back then probably actually believed him and Biden and their cohorts, but the joke was on them. That's why the boy president and the guys were laughing it up, thinking those dumb unemployed people actually fell for it. What a bunch of yokels, huh?

No speaka da engrish???

I said... "Your taxes at 0% are the lowest they have ever been... maybe we should raise yours too???"

Maybe you could try a reading comprehension class or actually passing 4th grade so that you can work a job that is higher than fry cook

Yeah, I got it. I said that taxes are at there lowest right now, and you said 0% would be the lowest. That implies to me that you would prefer a 0% tax rate. Maybe I got that wrong, but it was kind of a vague statement on your part. And since all you want to do is insult me, you can go sit in the corner. Welcome to ignore. Ass-hat.

America - for the Wealthy, by the Wealthy.

If it were not for the few moderate Republicans left in the party that Reagan Rebuilt, the wealthy would not pay any taxes whatsoever, placing all of the budget burden on the middle class. We really need to stop these Tea Baggers from taking over America. They are the most Anti-Americans ever to come so close to bringing down our nation. Stand United against the Evil on the far rightwing of American:evil:

No speaka da engrish???

Yeah, I got it. I said that taxes are at there lowest right now, and you said 0% would be the lowest. That implies to me that you would prefer a 0% tax rate. Maybe I got that wrong, but it was kind of a vague statement on your part. And since all you want to do is insult me, you can go sit in the corner. Welcome to ignore. Ass-hat.

Jesus christ are you DENSE...

I said no such things.. let's take this one partat a time... idiot...

Your taxes (aka the ones YOU pay... not rich peoples... not mine.. YOURS)
at 0% (showing that I state you probably fall into the ~50% that pay no federal income taxes... as evidenced by your low intelligence quotient and abysmal reading comprehension)
are the lowest they have been (as in you don't get lower than 0 unless you are going into negative rates and numbers)
Maybe we should raise yours too (as in maybe you would prefer your rates on every dollar earned to be that which you wish upon those you deem the 'evil rich')

Not hard to understand if you get the McDonalds fry grease out of your ears

Why do you want to tax people who sell their houses in order to enjoy their retirement? Don't you think the fact that they already paid taxes on all the money before they bought the house counts?

But they did not pay taxes on any capital gains in the house.
Nor do they pay any taxes on those gains until they sell the house.

Last edited:
No speaka da engrish???

at 0% (showing that I state you probably fall into the ~50% that pay no federal income taxes... as evidenced by your low intelligence quotient and abysmal reading comprehension)
are the lowest they have been (as in you don't get lower than 0 unless you are going into negative rates and numbers)
Maybe we should raise yours too (as in maybe you would prefer your rates on every dollar earned to be that which you wish upon those you deem the 'evil rich')

I took a look at your post just to see what you have to say. I was mistaken as to what you meant by the 0% tax rate comment (not that you made it very clear in the first place). Your problem is that you assumed that I pay no taxes and therefore you can safely call me a mooch and all of the other asinine things that you cons come up with. One thing though, I do pay income taxes, and just like those that don't earn enough to pay income taxes, I also pay gasoline taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, etc.

So don't you look like the asshole? 1. You wrongly assumed that I pay no income taxes 2. Just like most ultra-right partisans, you wrongly assume that those who don't earn enough to be taxed on their income pay no taxes at all.

Judging by your insistence on throwing out insults with no substance, putting you on ignore was a wise move on my part. Ok, I'm done. You can put your head back up your as now.

Democrats don't talk about it much but capital gains tax and it's related "death tax" do more to hurt the middle class. Farms and property and homes that have been in the same family for generations are often forced to be sold because family members can't afford the "death tax".

There is presently a 5 million dollar exemption. This exemption is portable between spouse's - for example, your wife dies, leaving you 3 million. You die with 7 million. All 10 million are exempt.

I've seen a relatively low income person win a new car in a raffle and be forced to sell it and continue riding in a junker because they couldn't afford the up front "capital gains" tax.

Then they were stupid, because a car won in a raffle is taxed as ordinary income, not as a capital gain.

I thought the taxes on winning's were higher than that???

I took a look at your post just to see what you have to say. I was mistaken as to what you meant by the 0% tax rate comment (not that you made it very clear in the first place). Your problem is that you assumed that I pay no taxes and therefore you can safely call me a mooch and all of the other asinine things that you cons come up with. One thing though, I do pay income taxes, and just like those that don't earn enough to pay income taxes, I also pay gasoline taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, etc.

So don't you look like the asshole? 1. You wrongly assumed that I pay no income taxes 2. Just like most ultra-right partisans, you wrongly assume that those who don't earn enough to be taxed on their income pay no taxes at all.

Judging by your insistence on throwing out insults with no substance, putting you on ignore was a wise move on my part. Ok, I'm done. You can put your head back up your as now.

We all pay taxes in one way or another BUT--the complaint is that there are people who make 60 -70K per year and because they have a couple of kids and a home mortgage end paying no FEDERAL INCOME TAX. This represents 47% of the working class in this country.

We all pay taxes in one way or another BUT--the complaint is that there are people who make 60 -70K per year and because they have a couple of kids and a home mortgage end paying no FEDERAL INCOME TAX. This represents 47% of the working class in this country.

Totally false.

The 47% who do not pay federal income taxes are typically retired seniors and single mothers. The vast majority of them make less than $20K a year.

Forum List

Back