Republican National Committee deletes page praising Trump for historic Taliban Peace Deal.

Brian Beutler nails it.

BTW, here's that link:

The former House speaker was quick to criticize President Barack Obama two weeks ago for not being more forceful in leading an international campaign to destroy Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi's air defenses and save rebels from impending defeat. Gingrich said the United States should tell Gadhafi "that slaughtering your own citizens is unacceptable and that we're intervening."

On Wednesday, he did an about-face.

"I would not have intervened," he said in an interview with NBC News in the morning. "I think there were a lot of other ways to affect Gadhafi.
I think there are a lot of other allies in the region that we could have worked with. I would not have used American and European forces."

The Republican National Committee has taken down a page from their website highlighting Donald Trump's support for withdrawing troops from Afghanistan and his 'historic peace agreement with the Taliban'.

The page, removed around the same time Trump called on Biden to resign over the chaos in Afghanistan on Sunday night, was titled 'President Trump Is Bringing Peace In The Middle East' and described how he 'continued to take the lead in peace talks'.

Why is that I wonder? If the Republicans truly believe the Biden Administration is solely to blame for the ramifications of the Afghanistan troop withdrawal, why cover up Trump's peace deal with the Taliban?

What is happening is the agreement that trump negotiated with the taliban last year.

Biden is just following that agreement.

This would have happened no matter who was president.

The people of Afghanistan didn't defend themselves even though we spent trillions of dollars and decades training them.

If the Afghanistan people aren't going to defend themselves from the Taliban then it's not up to the United States to do it for them.

True, Biden should have withdrawn the last troops by May 1st like Trump wanted then the Taliban would not be in power... :auiqs.jpg:

If Biden had withdrawn the last of the troops in May then what is happening now would have happened in May.

The Afghanistan people won't defend themselves from the taliban so they get the taliban running their nation.

Johnlaw How pathetic. Ignoring Biden's destructive incompetence because you personally hate Donald Trump.
The RNC has gone full Orwell.

The internet never forgets. Here is the web page the RNC deleted: President Trump Is Bringing Peace To The Middle East

President Trump Is Bringing Peace To The Middle East​

PRESIDENT TRUMP HAS CONTINUED TO TAKE THE LEAD IN PEACE TALKS AS HE SIGNED A HISTORIC PEACE AGREEMENT WITH THE TALIBAN IN AFGHANISTAN, WHICH WOULD END AMERICA'S LONGEST WAR

• On February 2, 2020, the Trump Administration signed a preliminary peace agreement with the Taliban that sets the stage to end America's longest war.

TRUMP HOPES NO ONE REMEMBERS HE PUSHED FOR A FULL AFGHANISTAN WITHDRAWAL IN JUNE​

When Biden extended the withdrawal to September instead of in May as Trump had agreed to with the Taliban, Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colorado) was pissed and wanted the withdrawal to be done in May:

boebert-pissed.jpg

Now she's pissed about the withdrawal:

boebert-saigon.jpg

And of course Trump is depending on his rube herd to forget this:

Former President Donald Trump on Sunday praised withdrawing US troops from Afghanistan, while knocking his successor's timeline for doing so.

Though the former President offered his support of President Joe Biden's plans to bring home American troops, he urged his successor to draw an end to America's longest war well before the September 11 deadline that Biden set last week. Trump said that while leaving Afghanistan is "a wonderful and positive thing to do," he had set a May 1 withdrawal deadline and added that "we should keep as close to that schedule as possible."

"I wish Joe Biden wouldn't use September 11 as the date to withdraw our troops from Afghanistan, for two reasons. First, we can and should get out earlier

A deleted webpage?

President Trump kept the Taliban in check through fear and respect. They don’t fear or respect Biden.

Keep trying to blame President Trump, I realize it’s all you losers have at this point while the Biden catastrophe unfolds before the world.

Trump just wanted them to like him.

Using the chaos in Afghanistan as a springboard to criticize Biden, the former president called the Taliban "great negotiators" and "tough fighters" before adding, "...with me in office the Taliban would not have ever dreamt of capturing our airfield or parading around with our American weapons."

Critics of Trump were quick to note that his negotiations with the Taliban led to the release of 5,000 of their members which has contributed to the turmoil in the country as the U.S military leaves after a fruitless twenty-year war.

Trump just wanted them to like him.

Using the chaos in Afghanistan as a springboard to criticize Biden, the former president called the Taliban "great negotiators" and "tough fighters" before adding, "...with me in office the Taliban would not have ever dreamt of capturing our airfield or parading around with our American weapons."

Critics of Trump were quick to note that his negotiations with the Taliban led to the release of 5,000 of their members which has contributed to the turmoil in the country as the U.S military leaves after a fruitless twenty-year war.
Yea sure. Who gives a fuck what his “critics” say. He kept them in check, and the country didn’t fall to the Taliban on his watch. Keep trying to blame President Trump for Biden’s fuck ups though, it makes you look desperate and it’s an admission to Biden’s inability to take responsibility for his own actions and inactions.

Yea sure. Who gives a fuck what his “critics” say. He kept them in check, and the country didn’t fall to the Taliban on his watch. Keep trying to blame President Trump for Biden’s fuck ups though, it makes you look desperate and it’s an admission to Biden’s inability to take responsibility for his own actions and inactions.

Trump gave the Taliban carte blanche. He got NOTHING in return.

Forum List

Back