Republican Mike Crapo Blocks Democrat Maggie Hassan's Bill To Suspend Gas Tax Until End Of Year

• Banned
Larry Summers: "it is one of the worst policy ideas out there. a gas tax holiday is also not good for the environment and will drive up prices anyway"

I am actually glad to see this being blocked. If the tax is suspended until 2023 then they will keep suspending it and it will then be removed entirely.

Keep taxing. It pays for roads

some people will enjoy a man blocking a woman?

Screw her. She has the nerve to blame oil companies and Putin when oil prices started rising with Biddum's installment in 1/21?

Now they want to force gas prices lower until after the election to make it look better to voters?

Putin didn't do this, big oil didn't do it, Joe Bedpan did it with his anti-fossil fuel policies and actions which started on the DAY he took office.

Screw her. She has the nerve to blame oil companies and Putin when oil prices started rising with Biddum's installment in 1/21?

Now they want to force gas prices lower until after the election to make it look better to voters?

Putin didn't do this, big oil didn't do it, Joe Bedpan did it with his anti-fossil fuel policies and actions which started on the DAY he took office.
Crapo is a lying sack of shit, and there comes Keystone as I listen. Hey Crapo, production is UP, and here is the thing, he damn well knows it. Regulatory environment--big stinking pile of horseshit, the Biden administration has approved more permits than Trump did in his first year and have sold more leases on government land at a faster pace than any administration since Bush Jr.

You damn idiots need to do some research, gas prices were up because of DEMAND, not supply. And Hassan is absolutely right, the oil companies have no incentive to drill for more oil, their margins are at record levels. Why sell more of something for less when you can sell less for more. Damn, this ain't rocket science.

Crapo is a lying sack of shit, and there comes Keystone as I listen. Hey Crapo, production is UP, and here is the thing, he damn well knows it. Regulatory environment--big stinking pile of horseshit, the Biden administration has approved more permits than Trump did in his first year and have sold more leases on government land at a faster pace than any administration since Bush Jr.

You damn idiots need to do some research, gas prices were up because of DEMAND, not supply. And Hassan is absolutely right, the oil companies have no incentive to drill for more oil, their margins are at record levels. Why sell more of something for less when you can sell less for more. Damn, this ain't rocket science.

Winson, you are as phony as the day is long. Are you uninformed, a partisan, or just that damn DUMB!

Here is the production. Look at both the blue line, then scroll down, and look at actual production. DO YOU notice that team Obysmal could NEVER hit even our output from 1971! U.S. Field Production of Crude Oil (Thousand Barrels per Day)

Dude, this is a GOVERNMENT chart! Did you see that from the time of Obysmals last year in office......2016......to the height of our economic expansion in 2019, after all the regs were reduced and everything else, our oil output was up almost 25%, and yes......gasp.....FINALLY surpassed 1971!

And then your guy, Biden took over. Look what happened! Just don't look at the blue line, scroll down and compare 19 with 21! 20 was a pandemic year, so we can throw that out because oil production was purposely brought down to prop up the price. Trump ADMITTED that!

So you are of base. Either learn something, or just say you are a Leftist.

Crapo blocks Hassan's bill to suspend the gas tax until the end of the year, calling it "the ultimate policy gimmick."

Lower gas taxes just increases demand for gas and therefore increases the price of gas. It is a literal gimmick and won't work.

Crapo blocks Hassan's bill to suspend the gas tax until the end of the year, calling it "the ultimate policy gimmick."

So dems favor tax cuts, but only when they're about to get shellacked and then end the cut after the election.

No, not cynical at all

Last edited:
So dems favor tax cuts, but only when they're about to get shellacked and thenend the cut after the election.

No, not cynical at all
Obama cut taxes for the middle class promised to do so in his 2008 presidential campaign

as did JFK

but generally you're right

So dems favor tax cuts, but only when they're about to get shellacked and thenend the cut after the election.

No, not cynical at all

Notice the difference if you will--------->Trump promises tax cuts, then delivers. Democrats only offer tax cuts because they know they are going to get steamrolled, then only offer them for a short period of time to BUY votes.

Notice the difference if you will--------->Trump promises tax cuts, then delivers. Democrats only offer tax cuts because they know they are going to get steamrolled, then only offer them for a short period of time to BUY votes.
see post #16

Winson, you are as phony as the day is long. Are you uninformed, a partisan, or just that damn DUMB!

Here is the production. Look at both the blue line, then scroll down, and look at actual production. DO YOU notice that team Obysmal could NEVER hit even our output from 1971! U.S. Field Production of Crude Oil (Thousand Barrels per Day)

Dude, this is a GOVERNMENT chart! Did you see that from the time of Obysmals last year in office......2016......to the height of our economic expansion in 2019, after all the regs were reduced and everything else, our oil output was up almost 25%, and yes......gasp.....FINALLY surpassed 1971!

And then your guy, Biden took over. Look what happened! Just don't look at the blue line, scroll down and compare 19 with 21! 20 was a pandemic year, so we can throw that out because oil production was purposely brought down to prop up the price. Trump ADMITTED that!

So you are of base. Either learn something, or just say you are a Leftist.
Look you dumb shit, do you even know what was going on in 1971? I mean why was domestic production so high? Yeah, 2019 we were producing lots of oil, because demand was so high. Tell me, what "regs" did Trump do away with? And while you are at it, tell me what "regs" did Biden implement? I mean I got to tell you, just like Biden's attempt to stop selling leases on government land, or Trump's attempt to rollback methane limits, judges and lawsuits have stalled or eliminated them. Yes, Trump came into office saying drill baby drill, and that is what those companies did, and then they found themselves paying people to take the oil, remember that. So now, when Biden says drill baby drill they are like, "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice--well you should know what I mean.

And yes, production is up, slightly, from the lows after the 2020 crash but all estimates are, by 2023, we will producing more than ever. More than any year of the Trump presidency and more than 1971. This whole argument made by Republicans is indicative of how stupid, or perhaps are hellbent on "winning" they are, that they automatically just oppose anything Biden proposes and fail to make a single proposal to help increase production themselves. Environmental regulations, that is just a code word, a dog whistle. Like I said, identify a single regulation that Biden has implemented that would cause production to decrease. I can tell you, there is one, just one, but I doubt you, or even a single Republican member of congress, can identify it.

I mean why are Republicans not proposing accelerated write off of capital investments devoted to drilling? That would help relieve some of the reluctance of those oil companies to increase production because of the 2020 collapse. Why not offer incentives to oil companies to use the leases they already have instead of punishing them for not using them? And to be honest, a moratorium on the gas tax IS a bad idea, mostly because at least half the savings would be pocketed by the oil companies. Gas prices are not a function of cost, they are a means of controlling demand. So gas tax, or no gas tax, the price is going to be close to the same. But here is the thing, Republicans have no interest whatsoever in solving the problem. Wasn't it a democrat who said, don't let a crisis go to waste? Well that is precisely what Republicans are doing here. It is all their sorry asses do anymore.

The SCOTUS nomination hearings. What a flippin fiasco. The appointment is going to have no bearing on the tilt of the court. It was uncalled for. It was political posturing for the midterms. Enough of this shit. Every single asshole in Congress, Republican or Democrat, has one objective and one objective only, to get re-elected, and if they have to burn the entire country down in the process, starve the American public, and make our nation look like fools on the international stage, then so be it. Time for a constitutional amendment eliminating successive terms for both Congress and the Senate. That was George Mason's argument from the very beginning.

Look you dumb shit, do you even know what was going on in 1971? I mean why was domestic production so high? Yeah, 2019 we were producing lots of oil, because demand was so high. Tell me, what "regs" did Trump do away with? And while you are at it, tell me what "regs" did Biden implement? I mean I got to tell you, just like Biden's attempt to stop selling leases on government land, or Trump's attempt to rollback methane limits, judges and lawsuits have stalled or eliminated them. Yes, Trump came into office saying drill baby drill, and that is what those companies did, and then they found themselves paying people to take the oil, remember that. So now, when Biden says drill baby drill they are like, "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice--well you should know what I mean.

And yes, production is up, slightly, from the lows after the 2020 crash but all estimates are, by 2023, we will producing more than ever. More than any year of the Trump presidency and more than 1971. This whole argument made by Republicans is indicative of how stupid, or perhaps are hellbent on "winning" they are, that they automatically just oppose anything Biden proposes and fail to make a single proposal to help increase production themselves. Environmental regulations, that is just a code word, a dog whistle. Like I said, identify a single regulation that Biden has implemented that would cause production to decrease. I can tell you, there is one, just one, but I doubt you, or even a single Republican member of congress, can identify it.

I mean why are Republicans not proposing accelerated write off of capital investments devoted to drilling? That would help relieve some of the reluctance of those oil companies to increase production because of the 2020 collapse. Why not offer incentives to oil companies to use the leases they already have instead of punishing them for not using them? And to be honest, a moratorium on the gas tax IS a bad idea, mostly because at least half the savings would be pocketed by the oil companies. Gas prices are not a function of cost, they are a means of controlling demand. So gas tax, or no gas tax, the price is going to be close to the same. But here is the thing, Republicans have no interest whatsoever in solving the problem. Wasn't it a democrat who said, don't let a crisis go to waste? Well that is precisely what Republicans are doing here. It is all their sorry asses do anymore.

The SCOTUS nomination hearings. What a flippin fiasco. The appointment is going to have no bearing on the tilt of the court. It was uncalled for. It was political posturing for the midterms. Enough of this shit. Every single asshole in Congress, Republican or Democrat, has one objective and one objective only, to get re-elected, and if they have to burn the entire country down in the process, starve the American public, and make our nation look like fools on the international stage, then so be it. Time for a constitutional amendment eliminating successive terms for both Congress and the Senate. That was George Mason's argument from the very beginning.

So then, you make an assertion, I show you a government chart that proves you wrong, and you claim I am dumb? OK!

See, there in lies the problem folks. If we are not using the same facts and figures, why even try. It is NOT supposition what I said when looking at our own governments chart of production, it is actual fact. Instead of trying to explain how the chart may be accurate, but circumstances caused this...........because of......this, I am the dumb one I suppose, for posting the chart in the 1st place, in the world according to him.

Like I stated-------->when they make a statement, you prove them wrong, then they move the goalposts on the discussion, the only reason to even respond is---------->for the 3rd and 4th person reading the thread who is on the fence deciding which way to fall. It seems that is working quite well across all media, since Leftists could be on the verge of extinction, if things get any worse for them. One can only hope!

If you want to see what has his panties in a wad, look at the link in post 13. It explains what Leftists try to tell you about production under Biden and Trump; and Obama for that matter, is 100% bassackwards.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back