Repub candidate wants to end automatic voting for 18 years old

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US

The attack on voting continues within the repub party. Young voters are overwhelmingly voting blue. That is bad for the repubs.

Ramaswamy's proposal has a lot of merit. America requires that 18 year olds meet qualifications to drive or join the military, or to attend college.

Why not voting?

Further, moving the age to 21 makes sense. We don't allow 18 year olds to drink or smoke cigarettes or even grass legally. If they can't be trusted to do shots of jagermeister and smoke marlboros, why should they be trusted to decide who the president is going to be?

Ramaswamy's proposal has a lot of merit. America requires that 18 year olds meet qualifications to drive or join the military, or to attend college.

Why not voting?

Further, moving the age to 21 makes sense. We don't allow 18 year olds to drink or smoke cigarettes or even grass legally. If they can't be trusted to do shots of jagermeister and smoke marlboros, why should they be trusted to decide who the president is going to be?

You would need to repeal the 26th Amendment.

The attack on voting continues within the repub party. Young voters are overwhelmingly voting blue. That is bad for the repubs.
18 year olds cannot drink alcohol. Why should we trust them with voting?

They need to ban the right of citizenship to children born in the US to illegal parents.
Also....anyone who sneaks into this country should never be able to vote or become a citizen.

Why not voting?

Along with joining the military...21 or over....No more little pups who don't know what they're getting into for the professional military.

I suppose a guy with a name like Ramaswamy can propose anything because it just doesn't matter

Why not voting?

If you're old enough to carry a gun (in defense of your country) then you're old enough to vote... shall we raise the military enlistment-draft age to 21 then?

Along with joining the military...21 or over....No more little pups who don't know what they're getting into for the professional military.
Audie Murphy was 19 1/2 when he earned the MOH. At that time he had been in the Army since he was 16 1/2 and had been awarded every medal for valor the Army had.

Why not voting?

Cool. Same reasoning can easily ban all guns.

Just one more thing we are completely screwed up on. You reach majority at the age of 18; you can vote and join the military. You can get married without parental consent.

But even in the age of Uber and Lyft, you can't have a beer.

We need to get straight on all of this. You're either an adult or you're not. Make one age for everything. I propose 19, so that most young adults are out of high school.

Why not voting?

“He would raise the minimum voting age to 25, from 18, unless U.S. citizens passed a citizenship test, or served in the military.” ibid

The right’s war on democracy continues.

and i think he hit on why they vote blue…most couldn’t pass a basic civics test

with that said, when i read the article it highlighted he was the son of immigrants…why was that included and why is that relevant to the opinion he gave?

This comment brought to you by the "peace and love" Christian

I thought I was pretty restrained over someone advocating the shredding of the Constitution. Even more so when you see others agreeing with him.

Do you ever ask yourself what other parts he want's to do away with? Do you ask yourself how far he might be willing to go to shred the Constitution?

I thought I was pretty restrained over someone advocating the shredding of the Constitution. Even more so when you see others agreeing with him.

Do you ever ask yourself what other parts he want's to do away with? Do you ask yourself how far he might be willing to go to shred the Constitution?
when did he advocate shredding it? he suggested changing it. We’ve done that numerous times. In fact he’s advocating a change to a change.

The Constitution allows for that.

Try again

Forum List

Back