Report: No Proof Veterans Died Because of Delays

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
Did we really expect anything different? Just another government cover up for a tragedy government official have ignored for years.

In a written memorandum about the report, VA Secretary Robert A. McDonald said, “It is important to note that while OIG’s case reviews in the report document substantial delays in care, and quality-of-care concerns, OIG was unable to conclusively assert that the absence of timely quality care caused the death of these veterans.”

In other words, the quick-thinking bureaucrats managed to hide anything that might place the blame for these deaths on them. :ahole-1:

Hopefully this will not be the end of it. The VA MUST be held accountable for treating vets.

Read story @ Report No Proof Veterans Died Because of Delays - TIME

It's fucking bullshit. I have been waiting 162 days for my initial appointment. I was approved on March 14 for disability. Been waiting for my initial appointment since then. Received my handbook with a number to call to make an appointment. Called the number got transferred 3 times 4th t6ransfer reached a voice mail. Left my number. They never called me back. Went to Ft. Bragg to have my ID made. Went to admin and said I wanted my appointment. Was told in no uncertain terms that I did not make my appointment. THEY make my appointment and it may take 180 days. Ran into head of the local DAV. He said that's bullshit and they have learned nothing even since the scandal broke. I'm joining the DAV and declaring war on the bastards.

Any proof that they didn't?

As I indicated, I think the report is just another coverup.

I believe hundreds of vets have died and many thousands more have suffered due to VA bureaucratic misconduct or simply not caring about them.

:flameth:

The spin the government put on this is so ludicrous that it cannot even be categorized as 'plausible deniability'. It's just outright denial!

I am not surprised. When has any investigation done by his administration ever found any wrong dojng?

Called the VA hospital again today. Couldn't get a live person. Leave a message. We'll call you back. Sure. Called the patient advocate. Voice mail said leave a message. Did not hear back. Called a new VA clinic that just opened. Got an appointment for November 24th. That's only an 8 month wait since I was approved in March. Bet if I were on welfare I could see a doctor tomorrow.

Called the VA hospital again today. Couldn't get a live person. Leave a message. We'll call you back. Sure. Called the patient advocate. Voice mail said leave a message. Did not hear back. Called a new VA clinic that just opened. Got an appointment for November 24th. That's only an 8 month wait since I was approved in March. Bet if I were on welfare I could see a doctor tomorrow.
Bless you. Let your representative know.

Forum List

Back