REPORT: Mask Mandates Causing Over 350% Surge In Childhood Speech Delays

I beg your pardon?

Observation

Hypothesis, testing the hypothesis, forming a conclusion on the hypothesis.

All four of those things occur in the process of diagnosis and treatment.
Oh for gods sakes!

You aren’t even following the same hypothesis through this!

Pillar One: We have observation.

Observation 1. You observe an increase in children be tween 0 and 2, with speech delays coming to your clinic.

Observation 2. You observe that due to a pandemic peop,e are wearing masks, practicing social isolation, and interacting less in person.

Those are the observations apparent in the article, right?

Pillar Two: Hypothesis
We think masking is causing the speech delays.

Pillar Three: test the hypothesis.

How will you test it?

You: the doctor will test the child for speech delays.

That is the wrong hypothesis. We are not hypothesizing whether or not the child has speech delays. We know the child has speech delays. We want to know WHY and whether our theory about the WHY is correct. Right?

How specifically does diagnosis test the theory of causation?

The diagnosis is the initial hypothesis, the treatment is the conclusion based on that hypothesis. If the treatment is ineffective, you change the treatment. If the treatment continues to be ineffective, you research and experiment with other methods and treatments until an effective treatment is found. That is testing the hypothesis and making a conclusion based on the hypothesis and further refining the hypothesis based on the availability of newer data.

I can see the scientific method being employed there clear as day.

Oh for gods sakes!

You aren’t even following the same hypothesis through this!

Pillar One: We have observation.

Observation 1. You observe an increase in children be tween 0 and 2, with speech delays coming to your clinic.

Observation 2. You observe that due to a pandemic peop,e are wearing masks, practicing social isolation, and interacting less in person.

Those are the observations apparent in the article, right?

Pillar Two: Hypothesis
We think masking is causing the speech delays.

Pillar Three: test the hypothesis.

How will you test it?

You: the doctor will test the child for speech delays.

That is the wrong hypothesis. We are not hypothesizing whether or not the child has speech delays. We know the child has speech delays. We want to know WHY and whether our theory about the WHY is correct. Right?

Says the professional Babbler of nonsense
No matter how hard you try.....you're still a covididiot.

OMICRON

See if you can find the word "Moronic" in there. You have 1 year.....GO !!!

The diagnosis is the initial hypothesis, the treatment is the conclusion based on that hypothesis. If the treatment is ineffective, you change the treatment. If the treatment continues to be ineffective, you research and experiment with other methods and treatments until an effective treatment is found. That is testing the hypothesis and making a conclusion based on the hypothesis and further refining the hypothesis based on the availability of newer data.

I can see the scientific method being employed there clear as day.
Not really.

That would be the 'scientific method' as it relates to the efficacy of the treatment and not the causal factor that put the children there. The causal factor is not part of the doctors work, that is not normally relevant to the treatment plan. My son had cancer. We went through a LOT of treatment and cycles that fit in your description of the scientific method but not one time did any of the doctors on 2 continents and over a dozen hospitals ever opine on how he got cancer. All that was in question was what treatments were working (and we had to go through 2 entire treatment cycles because the first one was not working). The origin of the illness is almost always immaterial.

The hypothesis of the causal factor in this example is extremely weak. If we were talking about kindergarten children or grade school children in general I think you make have a valid argument. Children that age though? I think masking has zero to do with it.

I am willing to bet it is much more closely related to the amount of time that parents are taking their kid out of the home to socialize with other adults and peers. That falls in line with a drastic increase from COVID as that is the major change recently to drive a major increase but does not really have anything to do with outside factors. Getting out of the house is a purely you decision. It has nothing to do with mandates or government action.

Of course the link mentions CA and NY. The measures are more extreme in those locations so who knows.

Not really.

That would be the 'scientific method' as it relates to the efficacy of the treatment and not the causal factor that put the children there. The causal factor is not part of the doctors work, that is not normally relevant to the treatment plan. My son had cancer. We went through a LOT of treatment and cycles that fit in your description of the scientific method but not one time did any of the doctors on 2 continents and over a dozen hospitals ever opine on how he got cancer. All that was in question was what treatments were working (and we had to go through 2 entire treatment cycles because the first one was not working). The origin of the illness is almost always immaterial.

The hypothesis of the causal factor in this example is extremely weak. If we were talking about kindergarten children or grade school children in general I think you make have a valid argument. Children that age though? I think masking has zero to do with it.

I am willing to bet it is much more closely related to the amount of time that parents are taking their kid out of the home to socialize with other adults and peers. That falls in line with a drastic increase from COVID as that is the major change recently to drive a major increase but does not really have anything to do with outside factors. Getting out of the house is a purely you decision. It has nothing to do with mandates or government action.

Of course the link mentions CA and NY. The measures are more extreme in those locations so who knows.
Curious, wouldn't the doctors wanted to have known the causal factors behind your son's cancer? I would think considering causal factors would be part of the observation stage of the method and a critical part of the diagnosis and treatment.

This strikes me as curious.

Curious, wouldn't the doctors wanted to have known the causal factors behind your son's cancer? I would think considering causal factors would be part of the observation stage of the method and a critical part of the diagnosis and treatment.

This strikes me as curious.
Nope. It is utterly irrelevant to them - he had it and the 'fix' is not different based on the source.

There are some illnesses that you would want to find the source. For instance, if you had black mold in your lungs then there must be an exposure that may well still be present. Even then, they are not searching for the actual casual exposure but are ensuring continuing exposure is not occurring.

In general, in my contact with the medical world, no doctor anywhere has any interest in causal factors. Same was true when my daughter went in for some leg pains and had to go to physical therapy. They were not interested in the why either. They gave me a list of positions she was to avoid sitting in and some exercises but, again, the list was to remove sources that could make the problem worse. Why the problem occurred in the first place was just not something they were particularly interested in. It makes sense, it is a LOT of work to properly establish a cause rather than simply establishing a correlation and they have to focus on getting you back on your feet rather than what put you on your ass.

Yes
I’m ripping down mask signs everywhere I go
Malicious destruction of illegal notices is a public service
We are retarding our children over lib loons obsession to be rid of Trump
The idiocy that RWI's believe is.......... Well, Frankly unbelievable.

Step One: Claim that trump was respected WORLD WIDE.
Step Two: State that the entire World is trying to destroy trump.

hummmm.......

Most children are being severely hindered in speech development because masks prevent them from seeing and hearing how speech is developed
We are harming 100% over something that kills 1 out of every 700 otherwise healthy people, most over 65.
Let's reflect.

Young Children don't wear masks.
Young Children ( MOST ) start speaking between One and Two.

Young Children ( MOST ) live with their parents in a home, the parents don't wear a mask around their Young Children at home.

So WEATHER53 where does this 100% claim come from........ RW talking points for Sure.

Let's reflect.

Young Children don't wear masks.
Young Children ( MOST ) start speaking between One and Two.

Young Children ( MOST ) live with their parents in a home, the parents don't wear a mask around their Young Children at home.

So WEATHER53 where does this 100% claim come from........ RW talking points for Sure.
Nope. Tons of parents wore masks around their children and would not let other people and family see their children. Gradually the fright fest has worn off but schools and general public indoor gatherings are masked.

Tons of parents wore masks around their children
I'm talking about home.
Singing with the child.
Playing with the child.
Teaching with the child.

Your Fear is imagined.

Masks have NOT stopped a young child from learning to speak and communicate normally.

The extent that your RWI's will go to to try and prove some Fake News.
You suck.

The idiocy that RWI's believe is.......... Well, Frankly unbelievable.

Step One: Claim that trump was respected WORLD WIDE.
Step Two: State that the entire World is trying to destroy trump.

hummmm.......
You believed a Russia hoax you GD idiot.Just like you believed working for a miserable job and boss was ok you ignorant son of a mother fucking cock sucking bitch

The reason I said what I said...

If I read that correctly, it is not talking about the original cause of your illness but the cause of your symptoms. IOW, when I initially took my son in it was because he looked like a sheet of paper. It was discovered that he had almost no red blood cells in his body. Treatment for that is pretty simple, a transfusion. Obviously giving him one would have not been a good idea at that point because they needed to know why his red blood cells were missing. Medical history and the like plays an important role in that.

Once they found the root of the problem though, that was that. The treatment plan was then set by testing responses to specific drugs and time periods of specific metrics.

At least that is my take on what you link.

the daycare the 3 yr old goes to...they dont mask the younger ones....so there is no reason the kids would not be speaking...also the kidlet had to be tubed...so she sees speech therapists and has no issue

just more bullshit from the right

Ah, yes. "It's not happening in MY life, therefore it's not happening in anyone's life." Typical leftist narcissism.

Forum List

Back