Replacing Summer vacation with winter vacation....it would save a lot of trouble...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Watching various parts of the country deal with snow, and getting kids to and from school, I think serious consideration should be given to changing from a majority summer vacation to a majority winter vacation, starting Dec. 23 and going to March 1.....then you don't have to worry about schools closing due to extreme cold, or heavy snow fall.....and there would still be enough vacation time left for a few weeks in the summer when most adults have time off.......

Thoughts?

You would have parents calling for "Heat days" instead.

Plus the Day Care/Summer Camp/Children's Vacation Industry would put a hit out on whoever proposed this. :rofl:

Plus the Day Care/Summer Camp/Children's Vacation Industry would put a hit out on whoever proposed this. :rofl:

Day care would still be the same...just switched....and vacation.....would also switch...people could leave the state in the worst time of year....

Day care would still be the same...just switched....and vacation.....would also switch...people could leave the state in the worst time of year....

Who the hell wants to go on vacation in the snow and cold?

Like I pointed out.....there would still be several weeks of vacation left over for the summer....also, people wouldn't have to worry about kids at freezing bus stops.......

Like I pointed out.....there would still be several weeks of vacation left over for the summer....also, people wouldn't have to worry about kids at freezing bus stops.......

Thats not an issue where I live.
And thinking back to when I was a kid I would have hated it. Summer vacation was all about fishing,swimming,camping and all manner of outdoor activities.

Forum List

Back