Rep. Steve Scalice's Shot at Speakership

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
It is being reported that Rep. Scalice will take a shot at running for the Speakership. It's a tragic position for GOPers in the Republican run House. Dog -eat-Dog as we have seen. I predict Scalice's shot will fail.

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy's stunning ouster has kicked off a feverish race to succeed him, with fiery Rep. Jim Jordan announcing a run and the party's Number Two leader Steve Scalise quietly making calls to test the waters.

Steve is battling blood cancer, he does NOT need the added stress of being Speaker in a dysfunctional House.

Really? He deserves a shot at the position. He's been as nasty and vile as any of them. How else to explain his position in the failed Leadership of the current dysfunctional GOP led House? It's not like his desires are coming out of left field.

Stephen Joseph Scalise (/skəˈliːs/ skə-LEASE; born October 6, 1965)[1] is an American politician who serves as the House Majority Leader and representative for Louisiana's 1st congressional district. A member of the Republican Party,[2][3] he served as the House Minority Whip from 2019 to 2023. Scalise is in his ninth House term, having held his seat since 2008. The district includes most of New Orleans's suburbs, such as Metairie, Kenner, and Slidell, as well as a portion of New Orleans itself.

Before his election to Congress, Scalise served four months in the Louisiana State Senate and three terms in the Louisiana House of Representatives. He was the chair of the House Republican Study Committee from 2013 to 2014.[4] On June 19, 2014, Scalise's Republican colleagues elected him majority whip of the United States House of Representatives. He assumed office on August 1. He is the first Louisianian to serve as majority whip since Hale Boggs of Louisiana's 2nd congressional district held the position from 1962 to 1971. In 2017, Scalise became the dean of the Louisiana congressional delegation upon Senator David Vitter's retirement.

-- Wikipedia entry

Are you going to pretend that you didn’t know that one of your deranged leftists almost killed him on the ball field?
I am still shocked at the rise of the enemy on our side.

Look, Getz was right about what he complained about. But to remove a very able legislator as speaker? I agree that had Getz been in charge, we would still be discussing how the government was shut down. Would it sway Democrats or Biden? Democrats hate the republicans kicking down the road Nancy Pelosi. She probably directed the democrats to vote to remove MCCarthy.

Billboard Magazine rates Steve Scalise #1 with a bullet.
A bullet poll? I believe the guy has a decent shot at being played the fool in his run for the role of Speaker.

You don’t know? Really? Now I know for sure you’re either 15 years old, or simply another ignorant leftist.

Forum List

Back