"Sanctuary" city of Chicago is housing migrants in squalid conditions at O'Hare airport

marvin martian

Diamond Member
Sep 29, 2020
Texas Hill Country
People, including babies and the elderly, are being forced to sleep on cardboard mats on the floor. There is no medical care, little food, and sanitary facilities are inadequate.

This is deplorable for a sanctuary city. Why aren't the city leaders opening their homes? Why aren't their supporters opening their homes?

This is tragic.

Hidden behind a heavy black curtain in one of the nation’s busiest airports is Chicago’s unsettling response to a growing population of asylum-seekers arriving by plane.

Hundreds of migrants, from babies to the elderly, live inside a shuttle bus center at O’Hare International Airport’s Terminal 1. They sleep on cardboard pads on the floor and share airport bathrooms. A private firm monitors their movements.

Like New York and other cities, Chicago has struggled to house asylum-seekers, slowly moving people out of temporary spaces and into shelters and, in the near future, tents. But Chicago’s use of airports is unusual, having been rejected elsewhere, and highlights the city’s haphazard response to the crisis. The practice also has raised concerns about safety and the treatment of people fleeing violence and poverty.

People, including babies and the elderly, are being forced to sleep on cardboard mats on the floor. There is no medical care, little food, and sanitary facilities are inadequate.

This is deplorable for a sanctuary city. Why aren't the city leaders opening their homes? Why aren't their supporters opening their homes?

This is tragic.

Hidden behind a heavy black curtain in one of the nation’s busiest airports is Chicago’s unsettling response to a growing population of asylum-seekers arriving by plane.

Hundreds of migrants, from babies to the elderly, live inside a shuttle bus center at O’Hare International Airport’s Terminal 1. They sleep on cardboard pads on the floor and share airport bathrooms. A private firm monitors their movements.

Like New York and other cities, Chicago has struggled to house asylum-seekers, slowly moving people out of temporary spaces and into shelters and, in the near future, tents. But Chicago’s use of airports is unusual, having been rejected elsewhere, and highlights the city’s haphazard response to the crisis. The practice also has raised concerns about safety and the treatment of people fleeing violence and poverty.
They should house them all on the South Side.

This is tragic.

At least they're not in cages as with Trump!

OMB!!!!

BLAME TRUMP SO I CAN FEEL GOOD ABOUT VOTING FOR BIDEN. I don't give a dam about the country, I only want to FEEL GOOD and not have to admit that I was easily tricked by the left ( FBI) manipulating my emotions.

You have perfected deflection.
You can't be so butthurt by my having whipped your ass so badly in the past, and so generally deranged, as to have missed the point I was making...

...can you?

Re-read my posts, and ask someone for help if you can't figure them out.

Hint: Everyone else understood. :)

But yeah - no kids in Trump-cages.

At least they're not in cages as with Trump!

OMB!!!!
During Obama:

1696513871818.png

This is tragic.

But the peanuts are free

Forum List

Back