Rep. Louie Gohmert Laments That Republicans Can't Lie To Congress Or FBI

Try reading the damn contempt of congress law. Then feel free to point where the DOJ is given the discretion to present the case to a grand jury.

A grand jury is a legal body comprised of laypeople that determines whether there is enough evidence to bring criminal charges to trial. During grand jury proceedings, a prosecutor presents an accusation and supporting evidence to the grand jury. The grand jury then decides whether or not the prosecutor can proceed with a criminal trial.

A grand jury is a legal body comprised of laypeople that determines whether there is enough evidence to bring criminal charges to trial. During grand jury proceedings, a prosecutor presents an accusation and supporting evidence to the grand jury. The grand jury then decides whether or not the prosecutor can proceed with a criminal trial.

Thanks for proving you obviously can't read. Carry on commie.

Says ONLY Republicans. It was UNANIMOUS 12 people got together and all decided the same thing.

When Rittenhouse was aquited you had no problem understanding that. And he went to a town shot 3 people the first one armed with nothing more than a paper bag. I didn't like that verdict since it seems to me that the concept that someone can deliberately put themselves into a position both armed and into a potential lethal situation and yet claim self-defence seems completely bonkers. Yet the moment the verdict happened I accepted it as bad law but law nonetheless.

You on the other hand can't fathom that a statement made to an FBI agent who didn't take contemporary notes over 6 years ago, with a very dubious rational, and questionable materiality. Doesn't make for a particularly strong case in order to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he in fact did lie.
My point was that this was a Federal case and should have had a jury pulled from STATES, with a varied pool of voters, Republicans, democrats, and independents. Not from the DC pool of democrats and democrat donors, with no Republicans or Independents.

Are you from Britain? Why don't you go worship the royals or something instead of posting nonsense in US forums?

Louie Gohmert (R-TX) just reacted to Trump Advisor Peter Navarro’s indictment: “If you're a Republican, you can't even lie to Congress or lie to an FBI agent or they're coming after you!”

Gohmert, a former lawyer and judge, said that Navarro was the victim of “a two-tiered justice system.”

He said he was especially angered that Navarro’s indictment came in the same week that a jury acquitted Michael Sussman, a lawyer for Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign, of charges that he had lied to the FBI.

Republicans made up rumours about the Clintons, and then sent the FBI to get evidence that the stuff they made up was true. Then they complained that the Clintons "got away with it" when the FBI couldn't find any evidence to back up the stuff Republicans made up about the Clintons.

My point was that this was a Federal case and should have had a jury pulled from STATES, with a varied pool of voters, Republicans, democrats, and independents. Not from the DC pool of democrats and democrat donors, with no Republicans or Independents.

Are you from Britain? Why don't you go worship the royals or something instead of posting nonsense in US forums?

Why do you persist in putting forth ridiculous theories? This is a contempt of Congress charge. Why would you fly 200 people from all across the country, put them up at a hotel for weeks at the taxpayers' expense, for a simple charge of Contempt of Congress.

Navarro went the Ari Melber and testified on National Television and admitted to the conspiracy, but he can't testify to Congress about it????

You people have lost what passes for your mind.

Forum List

Back