Rep Jeffries, with Al Sharpton's blessing, introduces bill to criminalize "The Chokehold", police technique used to oppress black folks

there is a common stereotype that black folks are prone to crime. stereotypes don't come out of nowhere, my friends!

in an AP survey, 69 percent of whites said the word "violent" best describes black folks

i call it "rational discrimination"

Last edited:
according to the DATA:

a white person's lifetime chance of being the victim of a crime committed by a black man: 1 in 100

a black person's lifetime chance of being the victim of a crime committed by a white man: 1 in 450

"i felt like a 5 year old holding on to Hulk Hogan" - Officer Darren Wilson, the police officer who killed Michael Brown

Yes a chokehold applied properly is not lethal. It is commonly used in judo competitions.
It can also kill.
Many things that are usually not lethal can kill. Tasing someone with a heart condition can kill for example.

My judo instructor told us that the problem is you get a muscle bound cop who uses far foo much force when applying the chokehold and the person can die.

He also talked about how difficult it is to arrest someone on PCP who decides to resist. Even multiple officers find that difficult. My instructor told us the judo choke hold was an effective way to subdue such a person when used properly.

"whites may commit crimes, but it's black males who are criminals" - historian David Levering Lewis

i can't think of a better idea at this time
A HOLD THAT IS NEVER USED ON WHITES

A HOLD THAT IS NEVER USED NEEDED ON WHITES

Fixed that for you.

Yea because whites don't break the law. Smfh.

When that cop puts you in a choke hold, he's not doing that to "oppress" you. He's usually doing that to keep from having to shoot your unruly ass.

How about doing this instead? "Yes sir....no sir....yes I have a driver's license....sure I'll give it to you.....thank you sir,....have a nice day..."

How about leaving people alone when you have no reason to be bothering them?

Bond Set At $3 Million For Fired Columbus Police Officer Who Killed Andre Hill

Charge dropped against Black teenager who was walking home from work in Texas snow

What We Know About the Killing of Elijah McClain
I agree with you on that issue. I will also say that is not just African Americans that get messed with. The area you live in can mean a great difference. And they can screw up people and families. Forgiveness is difficult in that way. Policing can be different within the same departments. For those affected, putting pieces back together again can take many years if ever. And there are many police who have gotten away with destroying others. And many within the same government employees who have screwed over others that worked within the same and others. But mother nature shows up. Like the Covid virus. And it starts to even things out. Even if it is uneven. Tragically good people are included in anything that happens in all ways we talk here. And they deserve better.

African Americans are not the only ones messed with. They were the group that finally had enough though. I promote the idea of it stopping for all. We need to completely change the way we hire and train police officers.

Period.
You need to stop committing crimes and disobeying cops when they are trying to arrest the criminals.

to do as you advocate would only lead to more crime especially among the black community.

Time for criminals and stupid people to realize that their opinions don't matter.

there is a common stereotype that black folks are prone to crime. stereotypes don't come out of nowhere, my friends!

in an AP survey, 69 percent of whites said the word "violent" best describes black folks

i call it "rational discrimination"

Studying history who is the most violent folks the world has ever seen?

Rep Jeffries is doing the lord's work in sin city!

EvwXJYDWEAEqEI2

The Chokehold is one of the reasons we are witnessing America as a failed social experiment

New Topics

Forum List

Back