Read the fine print on your electric plan:

Devils_Advocate

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2020
From the Depths of Hell
Many of you know by now that many Texans are facing massive electric bills because of the storm that rolled through Texas back in February but what has never been discussed is the fact those people were signed up to cut rate providers that put their customers on what is called a fluctuating plan versus a fix rate plan.

Now let me explain this and on a fluctuating plan you can get very low rates and save a few bucks but when a Storm hit like the one in February then you could see a massive jump in bills because you either went over a cap limit, are on a fluctuating plan or both.

So read the fine print on your plan!

I am with Reliant energy and locked myself in at eleven cents per kWh which mean my rate does not budge and Reliant can not overcharge me for weather events like the one that happened last month!

So read the fine print people!

Make sure to lock a rate in!

Make sure the provider you are using is not selling you a bad energy policy because if they do then you will end up with a high energy bill!

Yeah, they're making Griddy a fall-guy for the politicians and corruption here right now. I guess somebody had to be the fall-guy

Many of you know by now that many Texans are facing massive electric bills because of the storm that rolled through Texas back in February but what has never been discussed is the fact those people were signed up to cut rate providers that put their customers on what is called a fluctuating plan versus a fix rate plan.

Now let me explain this and on a fluctuating plan you can get very low rates and save a few bucks but when a Storm hit like the one in February then you could see a massive jump in bills because you either went over a cap limit, are on a fluctuating plan or both.

So read the fine print on your plan!

I am with Reliant energy and locked myself in at eleven cents per kWh which mean my rate does not budge and Reliant can not overcharge me for weather events like the one that happened last month!

So read the fine print people!

Make sure to lock a rate in!

Make sure the provider you are using is not selling you a bad energy policy because if they do then you will end up with a high energy bill!

Texams are suffering high electric bills because they were foolish enough to allow the federal government to bully them into shutting down their most prolific power plants that were coal fired before they were ready to replace them properly.

Texams are suffering high electric bills because they were foolish enough to allow the federal government to bully them into shutting down their most prolific power plants that were coal fired before they were ready to replace them properly.
If people would lock their rates they wouldn’t have that issue…

If people would lock their rates they wouldn’t have that issue…
I don't know it depends on what the lock rate being offered is. When a supplier is forced to work at a loss rolling blackouts are often the result. Reopen the coal-fired plants.

New Topics

Forum List

Back