Rep. James Comer promises going to hold hearings over Direct TV cutting Newsmax off it's airwaves

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
free speech means free speech for everyone. unless you call Fit Trump "fat", then i'll put y'all on ignore lol

Direct TV has all rights to decide what is financially feasible and what is not.

Congress needs to stay out of it.

Remember when congress investigated Roger Stone because he bought a story from Stormy Daniels and refused to publish it?

Direct TV can charge fees and its up to the Newsmax to pay those fees. Arguments that they are being discriminated against is just a way to rile up the rabble. Newsmax already admits that they would have to raise their fees in order to pay Direct TV.

Newsmax TV has an estimated net worth of about $2.48 million.​

Newsmax noted it offers its feed for free on its website, on YouTube and on multiple streaming platforms such as Roku, so viewers with DirecTV service will still be able to watch. Other carriers also continue to carry Newsmax.

Direct TV has added a network starring firebrands like Dana Loesch and Bill O’Reilly, flying in the face of right-wing claims that DirecTV ”silences” conservatives.

Yeah the house has nothing better to do than determine how much a private business charges its customers and the right will cry foul because they can cry wolf.

free speech means free speech for everyone. unless you call Fit Trump "fat", then i'll put y'all on ignore lol

Newsmaxx has no right to demand a platform to spread it's filth. Private web hosting sites have the right to deny service to anyone who doesn't meet their business model. Lies and sedition are hardly in any sane company's business model.

The House has nothing better to do than interfere in a fee dispute between a cable provider and a network. They are about to destroy this country by taking the full faith and credit of the US hostage and they can't even produce a ransom demand. They definitely have better things to do.

The New Right does not believe in the free market.

Seriously. My free market decision was to stop using Twitter, or to support Elon Musk in any way, not just because of Twitter, but racist, sexist, and being a total fucking asshole is no way to go through life, son. His employees do not speak well of him - at all.

I'm certainly not alone. Not only is Twitter losing advertisers and credibility, people are actively looking for a different platform. Twitter is about to be "my spaced". Tesla stock is way down too. Lose/Lose for Musk.

Forum List

Back