Rep Burgess Makes Us Proud - Travel Restrictions Put On The Floor For A Vote

Jamaica, an island, is getting it right - more than we are. I am truly embarrassed.

Simpson Miller bans MP travel to Ebola-affected areas

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 | 2:21 PM 36 Comments

PM-CHICK-V-MEETING.jpg

(Photo: Bryan Cummings)

KINGSTON, Jamaica — Prime Minister Portia Simpson Miller has imposed a ban on Members of Parliament travelling to Ebola-affected areas.

Simpson Miller issued the travel protocol during a meeting at Jamaica House today called to discuss chikungunya response and Ebola preparation plans.

North Central St Andrew Member of Parliament Karl Samuda said that the travel protocol is appropriate.

“It’s a risk we can’t afford to take, no minister should be travelling to areas affected … we should use our officials stationed abroad,” the Jamaica Labour Party (JLP) MP said.

All 63 Members of Parliament were called to the meeting.

Paul Henry

Like our Facebook page The Jamaica Observer - Kingston Jamaica - Newspaper Facebook

Follow us on Twitter JamaicaObserver JamaicaObserver Twitter

ADVERTISEMENT

And the gentleman from Colorado had it right, Nigeria DID implement a ban to contain the area.

I definitely think this is the time for mass hysteria... Fox have been at this for about ten days now... Time to panic...

Listening to actual experts who know what they are doing is just plain stupid at this time...

I think we should be listening to the guys who cut the NIH funding (the Vaccine makers) and World Health Org (the containers of the disease) instead of the CDC or WHO..

Also don't listen to a vast majority of epidemiologist who tell you if you stop flights, people travel using land which is far less trackable. This makes traceability of contact far less reliable...

But Epidemiology is science, might find that tricky...

I definitely think this is the time for mass hysteria... Fox have been at this for about ten days now... Time to panic...

Listening to actual experts who know what they are doing is just plain stupid at this time...

I think we should be listening to the guys who cut the NIH funding (the Vaccine makers) and World Health Org (the containers of the disease) instead of the CDC or WHO..

Also don't listen to a vast majority of epidemiologist who tell you if you stop flights, people travel using land which is far less trackable. This makes traceability of contact far less reliable...

I am not some erratic nut that thinks that the world is ending. If you feel so passionate about saving the world, do it. Volunteer and go to Liberia. Don't hide behind your usual ..."I am better than the whites over there, at least I give those people pity" by throwing sarcastic jabs at people like me. In fact, I bet you that I am actually less racist than you. How many blacks have you hired?

1. Not all epidemiologists are on board with whats presented. In fact, that is why there is a hearing in the first place. The Department of Defense received such gaping and conflicted theories that they wanted an actual hearing, yes - the W.H.
2. Africa itself? You would think that the "liberal learned elite" would glean from healthcare workers ON the continent that actually have a travel ban and have contained the virus in the past, or are you too smart to learn from those people?
3. NIH has only 2 beds to contain ebola and you are not alarmed, in the least? You dont think that we at the very LEAST should standardize our hospital protocols for 30-90 days before we accept more individuals from infected areas? My questions are rhetorical because I really dont care what you think.

The issue for you is illegal immigration, isnt it? Because the borders that we would have to track is South America and Canada. You people act like Africa is down the street. They simply dont want to admit that they are not only inept that they are liars.

The CDC has no infrastructure to address this properly, we can see this by the two nurses, the nurses union and the variations in baseline protocol for symptoms.

Go scold someone else with your robotic cheerleading!

closed borders eliminates the problem...

Yes, Liberians walking to the US is such a problem...

Same guys who told us the incubation period was 21 days? Now 42 oops!

That exposed folks can travel on airplanes?

Your talking points are weak.

Btw, the Obama Adminstration says banning flights is not an option. I look forward to his veto.

Soon to come:

The Republican Party will sponsor a bill that declares ebola as a bad, scary thing.

Forum List

Back