Rent is skyrocketing!

Individual house prices inflated on low interest rates as well. I'm curious to see what will happen as the Fed raises rates at least 4 times in 22.
Home prices will fall. I see no reason that it would lower rental rates though. Falling home prices due to rate increases does NOT make buying a house cheaper, it just lowers what you can make by selling it.

That MIGHT increase supply for rental properties but I highly doubt it. It is much more likely that rents simply will continue to increase as the larger effect here would be to drive people from purchasing a home into the rental market as it makes less sense financially to purchase a home the higher the rate goes.

Home prices will fall. I see no reason that it would lower rental rates though. Falling home prices due to rate increases does NOT make buying a house cheaper, it just lowers what you can make by selling it.

That MIGHT increase supply for rental properties but I highly doubt it. It is much more likely that rents simply will continue to increase as the larger effect here would be to drive people from purchasing a home into the rental market as it makes less sense financially to purchase a home the higher the rate goes.

Unless your home is paid off.

The production of petroleum is controlled by private enterprises. We have never been energy independent since we import petroleum from foreign nations and petroleum is not the only form of energy on the market.
Sorry, I have no desire to converse with useful idiots who have the intellectual depth of a mud puddle. Enjoy your bliss, kid.

You don't think a moratorium on evictions raises a landlords risk when renting?

You don't think pouring more money into a supply constrained system does not increase inflation?

More money chasing fewer goods is essentially inflation defined.
new single family and rental construction are only now coming online

apparently its easier to shut down an econ than restart it. Who'd a thunk? LOL

But the dems probably overstimulated. 3% growth would have been better than 5.5%

Around the nation people are being faced with some tough challenges in this new Biden economy of hyperinflation. How can they afford to eat now? Should they go homeless, etc.

No doubt, the DNC will come back slamming the evil landlords for raising rents to compensate for all the costs associated with being a landlord, and then the government will simply take over.

Isn't that right Lefties? Soon all rental properties will become government subsidized housing like we see in Detroit with the drugs and crime to boot.

Enjoy.

Tear down better!!
Let's Go Brandon

Right. Rising rates will price renters out of home ownership. The only hope is more rental units. And yes, the eviction moritorium logically increased rent costs to consumers. We might see more multi-generational households.

The dems of course could continue to try and pay people more to stay home, not work, and have kids.

It's the nimbyism.

Nobody wants to allow affordable housing to be built in their neighborhood. That's not just apartments. Even duplexes aren't allowed. Even smaller single family houses aren't allowed. "Property values", you know.

Overall inflation has not been this high for a very long time

Diaper Joe says he can't do a thing about it though, while wanting to spend trillions more that would make the inflation even worse.

I know, let's put someone in there that at least says they will try and do something instead of making it worse
The Housing and Rent Crisis is directly related to the Massive Influx of Illegals being imported and transported all across the country by The Biden Regime.

Asterisk Joe and Cameltoe Hoe want $800 Billion for The IRS and want to hire 87,000 IRS agents to harass Americans yet do not want to spend a dime on Border Enforcement. They want Facial Recognition on every street corner in America but nothing......NOTHING at our Border. All sorts of criminals are flooding across the border but Faux Joe sees Americans as the real threat. The synagogue attack was from one of Joe's pals immigrating to the country without being vetted.

But it's soccer mom's at a PTA meeting that are Domestic Terrorists?

If this administration weren't so incompetent it would be a joke, but it's not funny. They are incompetent by intention. They are a threat to our Democracy. There is your insurrection. Joe Biden is leading The Sedition and no on else unless you want to find out who the handlers are for the wooden headed dummy they trot out there to take the heat so as to conceal what they are really doing.

Last edited:
CArter inherited stagflation, and he actually embraced monetarism (which was an anathema to the liberals and Keynesian economics). The Fed is going to kill increasing consumer demand, which is what ultimately happened with monetarism in the 1980s and gave us 10% unemployment with Reagan approval rates in the 40s, before inflation finally was stopped, and the econ recovered and allowed Reagan his second term.

WE do NOT have stagflation now. What we have is too few goods to meet demand, and too few workers for open jobs. What Powell cited last week was that the fed detected the beginning of raises for non bottom level workers. So the Fed is raising everyone's credit card interest. Unfortunately, the fed can't do anything about the work force, and the both political parties are unable to compromise on immigration. But the fed is attempting to tamp down on consumer demand, which is at an all time high .... any you might look at the trade deficit. The dems probably did enact too much stimulus, which is one reason not just two, but a number of dems, were luke warm on BBB. and paying people to not work and breed more for more money.
We understand, democrat inherit bad economies and never cause them, even when it happens under their watch.

LOL.

With what is happening in High Tax States you have people moving to lesser taxed states driving the prices of everything up. You have rents skyrocketing, 2 BDRM Appt in Sioux Falls 16-18 hundred a month. You have people offering over 20 thousand than the asking price on homes. It's nuts.

You don't think a moratorium on evictions raises a landlords risk when renting?

You don't think pouring more money into a supply constrained system does not increase inflation?

More money chasing fewer goods is essentially inflation defined.
The moratorium began under Trump that ended under Biden?

Inflation for housing did occur during Trump

figure-2.jpg

Those poh rich folks that gotz them interest-free loans from Trump had to buy something to show good investment skills.
Inflation is at a 40 year all time high, so NO, this is not comparable. Faux Joe wants to spend $800 BILLION on The IRS (not to track down illegals abusing our social welfare system) to harass American Citizens and Businesses, and also wants to hire 87,000 IRS agents to shake you down for every cent. He also wants facial recognition systems installed on every street corner.

By God, you are going to "PAY YOUR FAIR SHARE" so we can house these illegals while you go to work and come home to sleep in your car.

Meanwhile our border is being invaded and instead of turning the invaders back and securing our borders, we are busing them and flying them all over the country and footing the bill for their housing while throwing millions at Ukraine so they can defend their borders while ignoring our own border issues.

That's The Joe Biden Way.

Inflation is at a 40 year all time high, so NO, this is not comparable. Faux Joe wants to spend $800 BILLION on The IRS (not to track down illegals abusing our social welfare system) to harass American Citizens and Businesses, and also wants to hire 87,000 IRS agents to shake you down for every cent. He also wants facial recognition systems installed on every street corner.

By God, you are going to "PAY YOUR FAIR SHARE" so we can house these illegals while you go to work and come home to sleep in your car.

Then I suggest you learn to play tax avoision like the wealthy do to not pay taxes.

The moratorium began under Trump that ended under Biden?
Yes.

That one.

Or do you think shit policy is just fine and dandy as long as Trump was involved at some point.

Nice to ignore the second part as well. ALSO shit policy Trump pushed.

Is Biden acting like the 'worst president in history' according to the left now permissible?

We will no doubt have another housing crash.
There is nothing to crash. Building is virtually zero. Until the supply increases, housing costs will follow. It is not rocket science. The vegetable should make it his first priority to increase home construction--flood the fucking market with houses like they did throughout the 80s, 90s. In order to do this he will have to bring building costs down and therein lies the problem. LOL, I guess, the reality is the vegetable is the problem.

i don't see how it's inflationary to not allow people to cheat on taxes. Not that I'm a fan of BBB .. or all of it, anyway. Pre K, Obamacare subsidies, i'm ok with. I'd also be ok with paying for more drugs with medicare and even putting some cap on how much non-generics can be marked up for profit.

Forum List

Back