Renewable energy

The Navy has figured how to turn seawater into jet fuel, using excess energy from the nuclear reactor onboard an aircraft carrier. Elektra, you better let them know that's impossible.

Again, if you have the energy to spare, you can make damn near anything from basic raw materials.

Another example, metal ores. They're everywhere in the earth's crust. The issue is whether it's profitable to get them from low-concentration ores. If you have the energy to spare, then it does become profitable

Hence, the issue is making sure we have the energy to spare before the fossil fuel runs out. That's as opposed to the Elektra plan of doing nothing, and being totally screwed when the fossil fuels run out.

The Navy has figured how to turn seawater into jet fuel, using excess energy from the nuclear reactor onboard an aircraft carrier. Elektra, you better let them know that's impossible.

Again, if you have the energy to spare, you can make damn near anything from basic raw materials.

Another example, metal ores. They're everywhere in the earth's crust. The issue is whether it's profitable to get them from low-concentration ores. If you have the energy to spare, then it does become profitable

Hence, the issue is making sure we have the energy to spare before the fossil fuel runs out. That's as opposed to the Elektra plan of doing nothing, and being totally screwed when the fossil fuels run out.

I don't quite get the logic of your reasoning here. You are mouthing about 'energy to spare' this and 'energy to spare that'...again, that's were renewables are coming in. they should provide the much needed energy in lieu of the energy generated from fossil fuels.

We are not going to evolve into a type 1 civilization if we just continue to keep the status quo of fossil fuel reliance. If I point out what you were saying, we need energy to spare. Of course we need to find other sources if we want to reach or achieve that point.

Another renewable energy breakthrough!

At UCLA, Bezerkley they've come up with photovoltaic underpants!

Now negotiating with soon to be ex-President Barack Obama to wear them in retirement to power the entire country with the sunlight they just KNOW shines from His ass.

Last edited:
Another renewable energy breakthrough!

At UCLA, Bezerkley they've come up with photovoltaic underpants!

Now negotiating with soon to be ex-President Barack Obama to wear them in retirement to power the entire country with the sunlight they just KNOW shines from His ass.

what sarcasm,..:9:

i don't think sunlight would be that enough given the current efficiency of the solar panels.
it needs to be developed and improved still.

i don't think sunlight would be that enough given the current efficiency of the solar panels.
it needs to be developed and improved still.

Sad to see such a lack of faith in the young.

But, take heart, just one, a mere ONE trillion dollar grant and those panties will be perfect! But since there's only one Obama (thank God for small favours) then there'll only ever be a need for one pair.

Forum List

Back