... Remembering January 6th: The long memory of the law is aided by.......selfies.......

Definitely one of the stranger parts of this whole thing.

Evidently it didn't occur to most of these people that they were breaking the law AND actively trying to stop our presidential electoral process. The voices they listen to must have forgotten to say anything about that. Those folks were too busy checking their ratings and web traffic numbers, I guess.

And these rubes took and posted videos, photos and selfies for the authorities to use against them later. Amazing.

Funny, tragic, disturbing. These guys bought the con, the whole thing, and now they have to pay for it.

Funny how after you racists supported insurrectionists attacking American cities you suddenly developed a standard, that you still don't apply to yourself and your own treason.

It's who Democrats are as people
:spinner:

Mac1958: I wasn't participating in that lynching, kaz. Why did you think that just because I was wearing a white robe and hanging out with my homies while they did the lynching?
This has to be some kind of deflection record.

I just checked with GPS, and you haven't come within 125 miles of my post.

Dang, that's pretty impressive!

Oh do explain. Before you get all into how it was the Capitol and there were VIPs in the building... I don't care.

I don't agree. It's not that there were "VIPs" in the Capitol, it's what it and they represent imo. If you think it's ok for a mob to break in to it and attempt to force lawmakers, by violence, to overturn an election - that's just way wrong imo. It's not the individuals, it's what they represent and imo, something historically American - the peaceful transfer of power.

It was anything but peaceful there's a violent insurrection going on for well over a year where burning, looting, and murdering, was a daily occurance.

I don't agree. There was no violent insurrection and, in fact, in the hundreds of protests that occurred (most of which were actually peaceful) there were only two murders I'm aware of: a policeman murdered by a burgler attempting to rob a shop during a protest, and a counter protestor, minding his own business, shot and killed by a protestor. Those were both murders. What others occurred during the Floyd protests and riots?

I also don't agree they were an insurrection - they were protesting, at least initially police violence against black people - whether you agree or not, that was what it was. I think as it went on, it became clashes between rightwing extremist groups and leftwing extremist groups. Not all violence is an insurrection which is a violent uprising against a government.
She was unarmed. Where was the police pepper spray or taser? No? Use of lethal force is authorized because of who and where?

IF she was alone, you would have a point and I would agree. You and her supporters keep giving the impression that she was alone. There was a mob with her that had just finished bashing open the glass leading into a chamber where there were still lawmakers. The police were HUGELY outnumbered and knew it.

I don't care.

You might not, but those there would certainly have been afraid for their lives at the hands of a mob.

She was "unarmed"...yet, she had a backpack...what was in it?

What did the police know in that split second where they had to make a life and death decision?

This was not a situation where there was the luxury of time to consider all options. Why didn't he use pepper spray? I don't know the answer but at a guess, using it in an inside confined space might be a bad idea. Why not a taser? I do not know. If I were to guess - it too might have limitations in regards to accuracy and use in a confined space, I don't know. Neither of us were there.

Yet the left want to crucify just about any police officer who shoots a black person so... I don't care.
Ya, just lump all the left into one label.

That's like saying the right supports the police shooting of any black person. Is that true?

Each situation is unique - some police killngs I don't agree with at all (Chauvin for example), others are the result of a the downside of our gun culture, where the police can never be sure who is armed or not armed and it's a lose/lose situation. Others are due to inadequate training in things like descalation or alternatives to lethal force (shootings involving drugs or mental illness). Or a situation where another person's life is in danger (like the teen shot when she was attempting to knife another teen). A no win situation, tragic all around, but like with Babbit - a split second to make a decision.

The mistaken idea that she was "a petite helpless female" (you guys keep implying that) is a bit disengenius. She was armed with a mob. She was a combat veteran. She was former military and that means she would have been fully trained in unarmed combat (not that the police would know that, just as they have no way of knowing what she had in her backpack or if she was armed).

Again... I don't care.

That's your choice.

How would YOU handle it? For example - you are in your house, with your family. You are surrounded by a mob, they have broken in the front and the back and are gong through your house. You barricade your family into one room, and you are facing the door, armed. the first person breaks the door down. What do you do?

If you say "I don't care" that's a cop out (no pun intended).

For those that think unarmed mobs of people somehow can't be lethal, consider these which intentionally and unintentionally led to the loss of life:

Babbit had the misfortune of being the FIRST one of a MOB to go through that broken door.

The cities have been burnt, looted, and murdered, for well over a year by insurrectionists.

So if it happened at the Capitol... I don't care.

My home and business is my castle and if the people in DC don't understand that and want to condone the burning, looting, and murdering, that has been going on for well over a year now then they don't deserve to be there.

*****SMILE*****

:)

Specifically, who is condoning burning, looting, and murdering?

That's not a DC thing, that is primarily up to the states. Why conflate the two? Hundreds of people were arrested, hundreds more were injured police and protestors. Oh, and the protesters were mostly unarmed too. Hundreds of businesses burned. Police were not outnumbered, it was outside, they had a full range of riot control equipment and training.

If you are upset at the riots...perhaps you should be asking WHY local leaders allowed curfews to be violated? Just for a start. And vote them out of office.

The Capital Insurrection had nothing to do with the Floyd riots and the Floyd riots had nothing to do with the election. Two different events.

I'm not going to separate the riots at a local level because the talking points for their justification were the same across the nation. Additionally their were congressional leaders egging them on so it's one in the same and... I don't care.

View attachment 509009

*****SMILE*****

If you keep saying "I don't care" then, what you really seem not to care about is trying to figure out the truth in a complex situation where there might be many truths.

And because I always love your music...I'll add this...

And the pattern still remains
On the wall where darkness fell,
And it's fitting that it should,
For in darkness I must dwell.
Like the color of my skin,
Or the day that I grow old,
My life is made of patterns

That can scarcely be controlled.

Evidently it didn't occur to most of these people that they were breaking the law AND actively trying to stop our presidential electoral process. The voices they listen to must have forgotten to say anything about that. Those folks were too busy checking their ratings and web traffic numbers, I guess.

And these rubes took and posted videos, photos and selfies for the authorities to use against them later. Amazing.

Funny, tragic, disturbing. These guys bought the con, the whole thing, and now they have to pay for it.

Funny how after you racists supported insurrectionists attacking American cities you suddenly developed a standard, that you still don't apply to yourself and your own treason.

Mac1958: I wasn't participating in that lynching, kaz. Why did you think that just because I was wearing a white robe and hanging out with my homies while they did the lynching?

Actually I nailed it. You were going on about insurrectionists you didn't support on January 6 and ignoring that you are a traitor and a racist and you supported insurrectionists all last summer.

I realize as a Democrat you don't know what a standard is, but a standard is something you believe, which means you apply it to yourself first.

What you did was a partisan attack, and a lame one.

Not to mention that Republicans didn't support the people who went into the Capital and even they didn't start fires or loot like the insurrectionists you supported, traitor

"......three hundred yards puts them well within castle doctrine applies range."

No kidding, 300yds?
I did not know that.

That means your 12yr old granddaughter could drop some moke on the street about three and a half blocks away because she thought he was invading her 'castle'?
3-1/2 blocks and they are a threat?

I'll be gobsmacked!

ps....poster Damaged, and I mean no disrespect, but my avatar is starting to suspect your avatar may be a little bit nutso-crazo . To suggest shooting folks three and half blocks away just ...well, just because, you gotta gun that can reach out and touch and you are hyperventilating over some guy on his porch mooning you....from 300yds away....ain't exactly a good example to one's granddaughter.

Jus' sayin'.

Actually I nailed it. You were going on about insurrectionists you didn't support on January 6 and ignoring that you are a traitor and a racist and you supported insurrectionists all last summer.

I realize as a Democrat you don't know what a standard is, but a standard is something you believe, which means you apply it to yourself first.

What you did was a partisan attack, and a lame one.

Not to mention that Republicans didn't support the people who went into the Capital and even they didn't start fires or loot like the insurrectionists you supported, traitor
Every day I watch you guys try to put me on the defensive with personal stuff, including lying about my politics.

I don't know what you get out of this, but all you're doing is confirming my opinions about you. Anyway, enjoy.

Every day I watch you guys try to put me on the defensive with personal stuff, including lying about my politics.
I wish I were lying

You are a single issue lib interested only in bashing trump and his supporters

I wish I were lying

You are a single issue lib interested only in bashing trump and his supporters
Right on cue. Exactly as I described.

Incredible. You literally can't help yourselves.

Damaged Eagle Why? Do you live somewhere, you can see someone breaking in on you, but are required to let it happen, even after telling them "Don't come in here."? Would that prevent you from defending your family or your life? Why did you buy a weapon in the first place, if you thought you really would not use it, because you are more afraid of having a bad life after a violent attack, than no life at all? All break-ins where you live are considered sporting event, with the best hand-to-hand self-defense opponent has the ultimate advantage? If you can't definitively stomp their ass, you are committed to possibly die in place, along with your family? Are you waiting for a "mother-may-I" ruling from on high, before you defend your home from attackers?

Just do what you gotta do, Eaglet. There is no constitutional amendment needed and the rest of us are not waiting for one.

View attachment 508892

Why do you think a person shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves and their property like our congresspersons expect to be protected?

They put their pants on the same way everyone else does so they're nothing special.

You might be surprised how many people are writing their congresspersons demanding this amendment to the Constitution because the supposed leaders are not doing their job. An amendment like this will bypass any state or local law on the books and deal a severe blow to the gun grabbers like you. If it happens you can blame me as the first person to propose the amendment also because I came up with it all on my little lonesome and it's catching on. Actions have consequences and shooting an unarmed female protestor while allowing others to burn, loot, and murder, spoke loudly to those that are now following my lead.

*****SMILE*****

Who said I thought you should not be allowed to defend yourself. It doesn't take an amendment to clarify that. You already have this right. You can write your congressman all you want, about whatever you want and so can everybody else. That does not mean a constitutional amendment is necessary, just because you have a shallow interpretation of the law of the land.

BluesLegend
I don't recall them in the capitol and trying to destroy democracy but I might be wrong.
You obviously know better but keep defending the most disgraceful act in the history of the country. And all promoted and conducted by Republicans.
That must make you proud. Well done traitor. Home of the brave my arse.
Someone tried to "destroy democracy"? Do you mean the millions of Dems who protested after Trump won in 2016 and the Dem leaders who vowed to impeach Trump before he was even sworn into office?

And the 6 months of rioting, looting, burning, and attacks on law enforcement and government buildings in Dem cities?? Nothing to say? :45:

Irrelevant. No comparison.

Protests aren't an attempt to to overthrow the government of the United States by stopping Congress from it's Constitutional duty to certify the vote.
There's a heap of assumptions in your post, no doubt to fit your narrative.

Oh do explain. Before you get all into how it was the Capitol and there were VIPs in the building... I don't care.

I don't agree. It's not that there were "VIPs" in the Capitol, it's what it and they represent imo. If you think it's ok for a mob to break in to it and attempt to force lawmakers, by violence, to overturn an election - that's just way wrong imo. It's not the individuals, it's what they represent and imo, something historically American - the peaceful transfer of power.

It was anything but peaceful there's a violent insurrection going on for well over a year where burning, looting, and murdering, was a daily occurance.

I don't agree. There was no violent insurrection and, in fact, in the hundreds of protests that occurred (most of which were actually peaceful) there were only two murders I'm aware of: a policeman murdered by a burgler attempting to rob a shop during a protest, and a counter protestor, minding his own business, shot and killed by a protestor. Those were both murders. What others occurred during the Floyd protests and riots?

I also don't agree they were an insurrection - they were protesting, at least initially police violence against black people - whether you agree or not, that was what it was. I think as it went on, it became clashes between rightwing extremist groups and leftwing extremist groups. Not all violence is an insurrection which is a violent uprising against a government.
She was unarmed. Where was the police pepper spray or taser? No? Use of lethal force is authorized because of who and where?

IF she was alone, you would have a point and I would agree. You and her supporters keep giving the impression that she was alone. There was a mob with her that had just finished bashing open the glass leading into a chamber where there were still lawmakers. The police were HUGELY outnumbered and knew it.

I don't care.

You might not, but those there would certainly have been afraid for their lives at the hands of a mob.

She was "unarmed"...yet, she had a backpack...what was in it?

What did the police know in that split second where they had to make a life and death decision?

This was not a situation where there was the luxury of time to consider all options. Why didn't he use pepper spray? I don't know the answer but at a guess, using it in an inside confined space might be a bad idea. Why not a taser? I do not know. If I were to guess - it too might have limitations in regards to accuracy and use in a confined space, I don't know. Neither of us were there.

Yet the left want to crucify just about any police officer who shoots a black person so... I don't care.
Ya, just lump all the left into one label.

That's like saying the right supports the police shooting of any black person. Is that true?

Each situation is unique - some police killngs I don't agree with at all (Chauvin for example), others are the result of a the downside of our gun culture, where the police can never be sure who is armed or not armed and it's a lose/lose situation. Others are due to inadequate training in things like descalation or alternatives to lethal force (shootings involving drugs or mental illness). Or a situation where another person's life is in danger (like the teen shot when she was attempting to knife another teen). A no win situation, tragic all around, but like with Babbit - a split second to make a decision.

The mistaken idea that she was "a petite helpless female" (you guys keep implying that) is a bit disengenius. She was armed with a mob. She was a combat veteran. She was former military and that means she would have been fully trained in unarmed combat (not that the police would know that, just as they have no way of knowing what she had in her backpack or if she was armed).

Again... I don't care.

That's your choice.

How would YOU handle it? For example - you are in your house, with your family. You are surrounded by a mob, they have broken in the front and the back and are gong through your house. You barricade your family into one room, and you are facing the door, armed. the first person breaks the door down. What do you do?

If you say "I don't care" that's a cop out (no pun intended).

For those that think unarmed mobs of people somehow can't be lethal, consider these which intentionally and unintentionally led to the loss of life:

Babbit had the misfortune of being the FIRST one of a MOB to go through that broken door.

The cities have been burnt, looted, and murdered, for well over a year by insurrectionists.

So if it happened at the Capitol... I don't care.

My home and business is my castle and if the people in DC don't understand that and want to condone the burning, looting, and murdering, that has been going on for well over a year now then they don't deserve to be there.

*****SMILE*****

Specifically, who is condoning burning, looting, and murdering?

That's not a DC thing, that is primarily up to the states. Why conflate the two? Hundreds of people were arrested, hundreds more were injured police and protestors. Oh, and the protesters were mostly unarmed too. Hundreds of businesses burned. Police were not outnumbered, it was outside, they had a full range of riot control equipment and training.

If you are upset at the riots...perhaps you should be asking WHY local leaders allowed curfews to be violated? Just for a start. And vote them out of office.

The Capital Insurrection had nothing to do with the Floyd riots and the Floyd riots had nothing to do with the election. Two different events.

I'm not going to separate the riots at a local level because the talking points for their justification were the same across the nation. Additionally their were congressional leaders egging them on so it's one in the same and... I don't care.

View attachment 509009

*****SMILE*****

If you keep saying "I don't care" then, what you really seem not to care about is trying to figure out the truth in a complex situation where there might be many truths.

And because I always love your music...I'll add this...

And the pattern still remains
On the wall where darkness fell,
And it's fitting that it should,
For in darkness I must dwell.
Like the color of my skin,
Or the day that I grow old,
My life is made of patterns

That can scarcely be controlled.

1625507113055.png

The right have been labeled as insurrectionists and white supremist so when it comes to painting the left with a broad brush as they threaten to uses fighter craft and nukes on the population in their denial of the riots and killing that have occurred for more than a year...

I don't care

*****SMILE*****

"......three hundred yards puts them well within castle doctrine applies range."

No kidding, 300yds?
I did not know that.

That means your 12yr old granddaughter could drop some moke on the street about three and a half blocks away because she thought he was invading her 'castle'?
3-1/2 blocks and they are a threat?

I'll be gobsmacked!

ps....poster Damaged, and I mean no disrespect, but my avatar is starting to suspect your avatar may be a little bit nutso-crazo . To suggest shooting folks three and half blocks away just ...well, just because, you gotta gun that can reach out and touch and you are hyperventilating over some guy on his porch mooning you....from 300yds away....ain't exactly a good example to one's granddaughter.

Jus' sayin'.

1625507433198.png

Then I suggest you remain in the city that you've been tearing down and burning.

*****SMILE*****

Damaged Eagle Why? Do you live somewhere, you can see someone breaking in on you, but are required to let it happen, even after telling them "Don't come in here."? Would that prevent you from defending your family or your life? Why did you buy a weapon in the first place, if you thought you really would not use it, because you are more afraid of having a bad life after a violent attack, than no life at all? All break-ins where you live are considered sporting event, with the best hand-to-hand self-defense opponent has the ultimate advantage? If you can't definitively stomp their ass, you are committed to possibly die in place, along with your family? Are you waiting for a "mother-may-I" ruling from on high, before you defend your home from attackers?

Just do what you gotta do, Eaglet. There is no constitutional amendment needed and the rest of us are not waiting for one.

View attachment 508892

Why do you think a person shouldn't be allowed to defend themselves and their property like our congresspersons expect to be protected?

They put their pants on the same way everyone else does so they're nothing special.

You might be surprised how many people are writing their congresspersons demanding this amendment to the Constitution because the supposed leaders are not doing their job. An amendment like this will bypass any state or local law on the books and deal a severe blow to the gun grabbers like you. If it happens you can blame me as the first person to propose the amendment also because I came up with it all on my little lonesome and it's catching on. Actions have consequences and shooting an unarmed female protestor while allowing others to burn, loot, and murder, spoke loudly to those that are now following my lead.

*****SMILE*****

Who said I thought you should not be allowed to defend yourself. It doesn't take an amendment to clarify that. You already have this right. You can write your congressman all you want, about whatever you want and so can everybody else. That does not mean a constitutional amendment is necessary, just because you have a shallow interpretation of the law of the land.

1625507574939.png

Nope! I think it's going to take an Amendment to the United States Constitution to make it clear to many of our congresspersons, along with state and local politicians.

*****SMILE*****

Last edited:
".....remain in the city that you've been tearing down and burning."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As merely an aside and a bit of a personal note:

As I grow older....(am fairly old right now, as a matter of fact).....well, more and more I realize how fortunate I was to have two grandmothers who were good examples of what thoughtful responsible women can be. Bless my stars neither ever thought to utilize an avatar that was nutso crazo.

In fact, all these years later I'm quite proud of both of them. They set a great example of how to be a successful human, not that I always followed their advice.
Still, all grandsons....and granddaughters too, I suppose .....should be so lucky.

Just sayin'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As merely an aside and a bit of a personal note:

As I grow older....(am fairly old right now, as a matter of fact).....well, more and more I realize how fortunate I was to have two grandmothers who were good examples of what thoughtful responsible women can be. Bless my stars neither ever thought to utilize an avatar that was nutso crazo.

In fact, all these years later I'm quite proud of both of them. They set a great example of how to be a successful human, not that I always followed their advice.
Still, all grandsons....and granddaughters too, I suppose .....should be so lucky.

Just sayin'
1625510094662.png

So now you're resorting to personal attacks on my family members to make some sort of political point.

I believe we're done here.

*****SMILE*****

Chillicothe All these people will go to jail and be set free in a couple days just like antifa and the BLM people that did riots in Seattle and other places. They could kill people and burn down cars and burn down buildings and bash windows and loot stores and antagonized people at restaurants and hurt people and they'll go to jail for a short time and get bailed out or let loose. These people at the Capitol will be cut loose within a day or two as well. Equal judgment equal punishment

Forum List

Back