... Remembering January 6th: The long memory of the law is aided by.......selfies.......

lennypartiv
Really?
A rabble of ratbag red neck republicans smash the capitol threatening to kill people, attempting to overthrow the democratic system everyone fought for, because they didn't like the election result yet you call them patriots??? Home if the brave etc. Fuck you.
The patriots are democrats who refused to participate in that terrorism.

You are a complete fruitcake son. Grow up.

The Washington Post is doing a pretty good job of informing America about who is being arrested for their roles in the Capitol attack and invasion on January 6th. As arrests or court appearances happen, the Post tells us the who and the what for. Yesterday's piece was specifically about the recent arrests (6 months after the event) of some of the rioters who attacked journalists.

I've made the point before ---- those who were there on January 6th, and did something wrong.....seriously wrong, like clubbing a cop, or breaking down a door, or in this case, assaulting journalist and destroying expensive equipment.....well, these 6 months must have a bit of a
Sword-of-Damocles vibe to it.

Meaning, 'oh shit, I know I f*cked up that day. I hope my mug ain't on somebody's video and it ends up with the FBI. I hope. I hope."
That sort of vibe.

Well, the waiting is over for these mokes that the Washington Post reports on: (my avatar underlined that one sentence at the bottom, for emphasis.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"FBI launches flurry of arrests over attacks on journalists during Capitol riot"

"Nearly six months after the U.S. Capitol riot, the Justice Department has begun arresting a new category of alleged criminals — those who attacked reporters or damaged their equipment as journalists documented the violence perpetrated by supporters of President Donald Trump.

There is no federal law specifically against attacking a journalist, so the Justice Department has charged those who went after reporters or their gear on Jan. 6 with committing violence in the restricted grounds of the Capitol, or destroying property on the Capitol grounds. More such arrests are expected, according to officials.

• The first such charge came last week, when 43-year-old Shane Jason Woods of Illinois was charged with engaging in violence on the Capitol grounds Jan. 6, as well as assaulting a law enforcement officer. Authorities say Woods was caught on video knocking down a cameraman.

• On Thursday, FBI agents arrested a Covington, Va., man for allegedly destroying journalists’ equipment. Joshua Dillon Haynes was charged with smashing their gear outside the Capitol and bragging about it in a text to a friend. “We attacked the CNN reporters and the fake news and destroyed tens of thousands of dollars of their video and television equipment here’s a picture behind me of the pile we made out of it,” he allegedly messaged the person, according to court papers.

• Chase Kevin Allen, a 25-year-old man from Seekonk, Mass., was arrested this week on charges of engaging in violence and destroying property on the grounds of the Capitol. According to FBI papers filed in court against Allen, he was seen on video stomping on reporting equipment as a large group of individuals swarmed several reporters and drove them away.

• Earlier in the week, the Justice Department charged a woman with disorderly conduct and trespassing after videos showed her egging on an attack on a New York Times photographer inside the Capitol during the rioting. Investigators say that in one of the videos, Sandra Pomeroy Weyer of Mechanicsburg, Pa., can be heard calling the photographer a traitor and urging others to “get her out” and “mace her.”

• Separately, two men from Long Island were charged with destroying media equipment. According to court papers, much of the key evidence against Gabriel Brown and Zvonimir Jurlina was contained in videos they took of themselves that day. The FBI affidavit filed against Brown describes video of him denouncing the media as he and a group of others surround journalists’ television equipment and try to damage it. “Smash that [expletive],” Brown said in one video, according to the court papers.

After he was taken into custody Monday in Texas, Jurlina posted a video online in which he called himself a “political prisoner.” On the video, which has since been taken down, Jurlina said: Donald Trump, please pay for my legal fees because this all happened because of you . . . and I did nothing wrong.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total left bullshit.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

What poster Bulldog said. Look, BluesLegend, it's like this.....we post up a topic for discussion. We discuss THAT topic. For those 'blonde-brained' who cannot stay on topic or flutter and fluff all over the place....well, quit doing it. If you think last summers disturbances--riots, vandalism, protests ----are worth discussing, well, do what Bulldog advises you to do. Start a thread on it. If you do, my avatar promises not to come into it and speak about he riots and invasion of the Capitol on January 6th.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, Gipper, I am a fan of WaPo. As I am of the New York Times, Chicago Tribune, and Wall Street Journal. Web based 'Axios' is good too.

The Post has a lot of good stuff in it. And....no surprise.....because they are the 'hometown newspaper' for Washington DC, their reporters do a lot of political coverage. And tell me, how does one cover 'politics' without alienating one side or the other? Hyper-ventilators are always gonna get pissed because some reporter & editor decided to report on a political faction/party/person who did something stupid. The opponents to that faction will cheer. The reported-on miscreants will bitch. And say 'propaganda', 'yellow-journalism', yadda, yadda, yadda. It has been ever thus.

I'd recommend you do this. Go to Amazon, as they occasionally run good 'taster' deals on WaPo where you can get a short term digital subscription for dirt cheap. I use my veteran's discount for their all year round subscription.....it's a helluva deal to get such quality journalism delivered to my laptop daily.

Try it. If you don't like it.....drop it.
Don't be the guy who hates onions ....... but has never tried one.

Just sayin'.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ummmm, wh-a-a-a-t?
You're gonna have to flesh than one out a bit Damaged Eagle.
I, for one, have never ever heard of that happening.....recently, or historically.
Just what sources to you utilize ......and willing to recommend .....to get your information?
Please don't confirm the common perception of Rightwingers as uninformed or misinformed.
Its pretty much pointless, But agree a post on BLM PROTESTS, and the resulting deaths and damage is a separate topic

The Washington Post is doing a pretty good job of informing America about who is being arrested for their roles in the Capitol attack and invasion on January 6th. As arrests or court appearances happen, the Post tells us the who and the what for. Yesterday's piece was specifically about the recent arrests (6 months after the event) of some of the rioters who attacked journalists.

I've made the point before ---- those who were there on January 6th, and did something wrong.....seriously wrong, like clubbing a cop, or breaking down a door, or in this case, assaulting journalist and destroying expensive equipment.....well, these 6 months must have a bit of a
Sword-of-Damocles vibe to it.

Meaning, 'oh shit, I know I f*cked up that day. I hope my mug ain't on somebody's video and it ends up with the FBI. I hope. I hope."
That sort of vibe.

Well, the waiting is over for these mokes that the Washington Post reports on: (my avatar underlined that one sentence at the bottom, for emphasis.)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"FBI launches flurry of arrests over attacks on journalists during Capitol riot"

"Nearly six months after the U.S. Capitol riot, the Justice Department has begun arresting a new category of alleged criminals — those who attacked reporters or damaged their equipment as journalists documented the violence perpetrated by supporters of President Donald Trump.

There is no federal law specifically against attacking a journalist, so the Justice Department has charged those who went after reporters or their gear on Jan. 6 with committing violence in the restricted grounds of the Capitol, or destroying property on the Capitol grounds. More such arrests are expected, according to officials.

• The first such charge came last week, when 43-year-old Shane Jason Woods of Illinois was charged with engaging in violence on the Capitol grounds Jan. 6, as well as assaulting a law enforcement officer. Authorities say Woods was caught on video knocking down a cameraman.

• On Thursday, FBI agents arrested a Covington, Va., man for allegedly destroying journalists’ equipment. Joshua Dillon Haynes was charged with smashing their gear outside the Capitol and bragging about it in a text to a friend. “We attacked the CNN reporters and the fake news and destroyed tens of thousands of dollars of their video and television equipment here’s a picture behind me of the pile we made out of it,” he allegedly messaged the person, according to court papers.

• Chase Kevin Allen, a 25-year-old man from Seekonk, Mass., was arrested this week on charges of engaging in violence and destroying property on the grounds of the Capitol. According to FBI papers filed in court against Allen, he was seen on video stomping on reporting equipment as a large group of individuals swarmed several reporters and drove them away.

• Earlier in the week, the Justice Department charged a woman with disorderly conduct and trespassing after videos showed her egging on an attack on a New York Times photographer inside the Capitol during the rioting. Investigators say that in one of the videos, Sandra Pomeroy Weyer of Mechanicsburg, Pa., can be heard calling the photographer a traitor and urging others to “get her out” and “mace her.”

• Separately, two men from Long Island were charged with destroying media equipment. According to court papers, much of the key evidence against Gabriel Brown and Zvonimir Jurlina was contained in videos they took of themselves that day. The FBI affidavit filed against Brown describes video of him denouncing the media as he and a group of others surround journalists’ television equipment and try to damage it. “Smash that [expletive],” Brown said in one video, according to the court papers.

After he was taken into custody Monday in Texas, Jurlina posted a video online in which he called himself a “political prisoner.” On the video, which has since been taken down, Jurlina said: Donald Trump, please pay for my legal fees because this all happened because of you . . . and I did nothing wrong.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ILMAO the majority of offenses are for slaughtering reporting equipment.

PROGS call it "TRAITOR", and "INSURRECTION".

BRAVO to those who bust up reporting equipment for fake news. They destroyed the media, seems fitting to destroy their equipment, am I wrong?

"ILMAO the majority of offenses are for slaughtering reporting equipment."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In that single WaPo story the poster WTHProgs mocks that the coverage was about the perps who damaged camera equipment.
The poster finds that funny.

OK. No harm, no foul. America is, after all, a big tent with room for all types.

But remember the WaPo story was intended to focus on just 'recent' arrests that occurred shortly before publication. A handful of loser perps who destroyed thousands of dollars worth of equipment was what was 'news' that day.

But the good poster WTHProgs needs to understand there is a wider picture to view; a context, so to speak.

These 7 mokes in this article are just a small fraction of the perps now arrested or being sought.

Business Insider with their useful daily updates on arrests and charges gives us a perspective.

As of Tuesday this week, (the 7/27th) 591 have been arrested.

The FBI has stated they are looking to identify at least 200 more.

So, poser WTHProgs, do this: Show the board your good citizenship by going to several of the 'amateur-sleuths' websites and view their collection of pictures taken on January 6th....pics of Jackass Patriots, Fatboy Militias, an Angry Ne'Er-Do-Wells. See if you can help them identify these perps who came into our House and smeared their poop on the walls or socked a cop.

If you can do that, help identify just one of that caliber of Trump Supporter, well, mi amigo, you would be an asset to America, and you would be an asset to all Trump Supporters, as the good ones don't want to be identified with Supporters who put their poop on the walls of the House of good Americans

Thanx in advance for your sincere efforts.

Forum List

Back