Remember when some of you said that Trump was an "authoritarian"?

Is it "authoritarian" of Biden to BAN menthol cigarettes? flacaltenn has a thread on the topic of banning menthols, but this thread isn't about that. This thread is about whether or not it's "authoritarian" of Biden to ban menthols.

The federal government has no legal authority to simply decide to "ban" a harmless additive like Menthol (a plant derivative) from products costing many companies sales and money for wholly arbitrary reasons. There is no "health" risk or "drug" issue with menthol; this is just a total farce whipped off the top of the heads of some idiot bureaucrat and it will be fought vociferously in court and won.

Next, Joe will ban the white paper wrapper of cigarettes deeming it "racially insensitive."

The leftist zombies will go along with ANYTHING as long as their Democratic masters are pushing it.

Is it "authoritarian" of Biden to BAN menthol cigarettes? flacaltenn has a thread on the topic of banning menthols, but this thread isn't about that. This thread is about whether or not it's "authoritarian" of Biden to ban menthols.

Is it authoritarian to ban a dangerous product which is killing people? Who pays the medical bill when these people die? These poisons should have been taken off the market 50 years ago. Once the Surgeon General's Report was released.

Tobacco is a product that has no useful purpose other than to addict, sicken and kill people. But the Tobacco Industry employed thousands of people in the 1960's, and make the tobacco companies very rich, as well as tobacco farmers, and just like the gun lobby, the government does nothing to stop them.

The US government will let you kill people with impunity if Big Business can make enough money and employ enough people doing it. And they will protect your right to murder citizens if you donate enough money to their campaigns. Just ask Big Pharma about the ongoing opiod crisis.

You have little to no understanding the meaning of "authoritarianism".
It's called freedom. At this point everybody with the intelligence to inhale air knows Tabaco is bad for them. If they choose to use it, it's none of your's or the government's business. I don't want a government that protects me from myself (and I'm not a smoker).

Well as we can see from the ease with which Donald Trump was able to lie to and convince 74 million people that he did a great job these past 4 years and convince them to re-elect him, the American public, after 50 years of Republican education, is incapable of discerning truth from lies.

This is the level of ignorance that Republicans need to fool the people into voting for them, but it leaves half of the population in need of protection from liars, cheats and charlatans.

The leftist zombies will go along with ANYTHING as long as their Democratic masters are pushing it.

Both parties have supported the War on Americans who use non approved recreational substances. So the rabid righties are just nanny statists too.

No it is not. Various restrictions or outright bans on cigarettes have been around for a long time. At one time cigarette companies sponsored tv shows. The Twilight Zone blu-rays have Rod Serling doing cigarette commercials.

Biden's not the decision maker here. THe games' been afoot for a couple decades.. He's there so the bureaucracy can gain power and control and grow the govt...

You think cigarettes should not be regulated?

The FDA has been wanting to ban menthol smokes for a while.

White leftists know that blacks are too inherently stupid to make their own choices and so white leftists are going to make their choices for them.

No.
Anymore than banning lead in paint or using DDT as a pesticide.

No.
Anymore than banning lead in paint or using DDT as a pesticide.

Well, Biden isn't banning cigarettes, just menthol-flavored cigarettes. But that's cool with you, right?

A stupid governmental overreach. Moving the purchasing age to 21 was dumb as well.

The FDA has been wanting to ban menthol smokes for a while.

White leftists know that blacks are too inherently stupid to make their own choices and so white leftists are going to make their choices for them.
Canada banned menthols a few years ago, with results that show its positive effects on public health, aka quitting smoking.

but more interesting is the other previously banned products in USA

No it is not. Various restrictions or outright bans on cigarettes have been around for a long time. At one time cigarette companies sponsored tv shows. The Twilight Zone blu-rays have Rod Serling doing cigarette commercials.

I remember smoking on a plane!

The FDA has been wanting to ban menthol smokes for a while. Of course it's a nanny statist move.

No it is not. It is commonsense.

I don't believe it should be banned in any more ways than any other tobacco products. I have no problem banning it's use in public spaces, but if I want to light up a flavored Cigar in my house, or anything else I chose to smoke, the Government shouldn't be able to criminalize that.

Forum List

Back