Remember what a President looks like?

800px-John_F._Kennedy%2C_White_House_color_photo_portrait.jpg
He didn't say a picture of corruption

Yep, the last actual Conservative president this country has seen

Let's see: Coolidge was anti-labor union and called out the state guard to preserve order, after a union riot. He famously said, "The business of America is business", he believed in government economy, reduced taxation, and gave aid to private business without accompanying restrictive regulation, he opposed any government control in interstate electrical power, and was against the proposal for government operation of the Wilson Dam at Muscle Shoals on the Tennessee River.

His appointment of Dwight W. Morrow as ambassador to Mexico, which did much to restore good relations with that country. He took an effective and principled stand against the philosophy of Progressivism, advocated a return to and a protection of America's political tradition, believed that human nature is fixed and cannot be remolded by activist government, said "I favor the American system of individual enterprise, and I am opposed to any general extension of government ownership, and control", and renounced war as an instrument of national policy.

Well I'll be damned. That's just like Trump.

Calvin Coolidge - Conservapedia

Rutherford B. Hayes was sort of a bad-ass....For a Yankee. ;)

At the Battle of South Mountain Hayes led a charge against an entrenched position and was shot through his left arm, fracturing the bone. He had one of his men tie a handkerchief above the wound in an effort to stop the bleeding, and continued to lead his men in the battle. While resting, he ordered his men to meet a flanking attack, but instead his entire command moved backward, leaving Hayes lying in between the lines. His men later retrieved him.
320px-Hayes_Civil_War.jpg

Another future POTUS was in Hayes's regiment William McKinley....

They both fought in my AO throughout most of the war....Losing some and winning some.....South Mountain, Antietam, A couple of the Battles around Winchester, Virginia, then pretty much ending things out at Cedar Creek/Fisher's Hill.

800px-McKinleyBrady_1865.png

Let's see: Coolidge was anti-labor union and called out the state guard to preserve order, after a union riot. He famously said, "The business of America is business", he believed in government economy, reduced taxation, and gave aid to private business without accompanying restrictive regulation, he opposed any government control in interstate electrical power, and was against the proposal for government operation of the Wilson Dam at Muscle Shoals on the Tennessee River.

His appointment of Dwight W. Morrow as ambassador to Mexico, which did much to restore good relations with that country. He took an effective and principled stand against the philosophy of Progressivism, advocated a return to and a protection of America's political tradition, believed that human nature is fixed and cannot be remolded by activist government, said "I favor the American system of individual enterprise, and I am opposed to any general extension of government ownership, and control", and renounced war as an instrument of national policy.

Donald Trump.....33% added to the national debt.

Calvin Coolidge....24% removed from the national debt

Oh yeah, just like each other... :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

Rutherford B. Hayes was sort of a bad-ass....For a Yankee. ;)

At the Battle of South Mountain Hayes led a charge against an entrenched position and was shot through his left arm, fracturing the bone. He had one of his men tie a handkerchief above the wound in an effort to stop the bleeding, and continued to lead his men in the battle. While resting, he ordered his men to meet a flanking attack, but instead his entire command moved backward, leaving Hayes lying in between the lines. His men later retrieved him.
320px-Hayes_Civil_War.jpg

Another future POTUS was in Hayes's regiment William McKinley....

They both fought in my AO throughout most of the war....Losing some and winning some.....South Mountain, Antietam, A couple of the Battles around Winchester, Virginia, then pretty much ending things out at Cedar Creek/Fisher's Hill.

800px-McKinleyBrady_1865.png

Rutherford should have never agreed to end Reconstruction in the south by removing Federal troops, but that election (1876?) was perhaps he most contentious until the election of 2020. It was essentially an electoral stalemate, if I recall.

Every President adds to the debt. Care to guess how much Obama and Biden either ran up or are running up?

Everyone president since Calvin, which is why he is the last Conservative president this country has had.

Though I do agree with you, Trump is no different than Obama and Biden

The Roaring Twenties. Thank you, Calvin Coolidge.

The eighties we're prosperous and happy, too. Thank you, Ronald Reagan.

Before COVID and unprecedented Democratic underhandedness, we were getting there before Brandon, too. Thank you, Donald Trump.

What are you guys talking about, Biden is the best president ever! He brought back the soul of America, united the country, regained respect with our allies and adversaries, and most importantly has put America first with everything he’s done. He‘s had an amazing year, and his approval ratings are through the roof, even among Democrats!

1643734053692.gif

Forum List

Back