Remember David Siegel?

Synthaholic

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2010
He's the blowhard that warned all his employees that if they voted for Obama and Obama won he would probably have to start firing people.

Before the 2000 race, Siegel boasted of his efforts to use his business to elect George W. Bush. "Whenever I saw a negative article about [Al] Gore, I put it in with the paychecks of my 8,000 employees," he said. "I had my managers do a survey on every employee. If they liked Bush, we made them register to vote. But not if they liked Gore."

Before the 2012 race, Siegel was even less subtle, sending each of his employees a letter saying President Obama's re-election would "threaten your job." He added at the time, "I can no longer support a system that penalizes the productive and gives to the unproductive." Siegel went on to say if Obama raised his taxes, "I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company."

Politically, Siegel's efforts didn't work out well, and Obama was re-elected. Economically, however, Siegel has fared extremely well, despite that rascally president raising his taxes. Scott Keyes explained this morning:

Just over two years after penning that company-wide email, Siegel informed Westgate employees that instead of layoffs, he would boost their minimum wage to $10 per hour beginning in 2015.

In fact, according to Siegel, 2014 was a banner year. "We're experiencing the best year in our history and I wanted to do something to show my gratitude for the employees who make that possible," Siegel said in announcing the wage hike. He also recently told the Orlando Business Journal that "things have never been better."

Imagine that.
4i6Ckte.gif

So he employs 8,000 people. He paid $10 an hour before it was even mandated. He pays millions in state and federal taxes (that's where your welfare check comes from, Synthaholic). And he's a Republican. And you're a moron. And so our little blue orb drifts through the cosmos.

He's the blowhard that warned all his employees that if they voted for Obama and Obama won he would probably have to start firing people.

Before the 2000 race, Siegel boasted of his efforts to use his business to elect George W. Bush. "Whenever I saw a negative article about [Al] Gore, I put it in with the paychecks of my 8,000 employees," he said. "I had my managers do a survey on every employee. If they liked Bush, we made them register to vote. But not if they liked Gore."

Before the 2012 race, Siegel was even less subtle, sending each of his employees a letter saying President Obama's re-election would "threaten your job." He added at the time, "I can no longer support a system that penalizes the productive and gives to the unproductive." Siegel went on to say if Obama raised his taxes, "I will have no choice but to reduce the size of this company."

Politically, Siegel's efforts didn't work out well, and Obama was re-elected. Economically, however, Siegel has fared extremely well, despite that rascally president raising his taxes. Scott Keyes explained this morning:

Just over two years after penning that company-wide email, Siegel informed Westgate employees that instead of layoffs, he would boost their minimum wage to $10 per hour beginning in 2015.

In fact, according to Siegel, 2014 was a banner year. "We're experiencing the best year in our history and I wanted to do something to show my gratitude for the employees who make that possible," Siegel said in announcing the wage hike. He also recently told the Orlando Business Journal that "things have never been better."

Imagine that.
4i6Ckte.gif
That's too funny ... but it would be even funnier to link the threads from when he threatened employees' jobs if they voted for Obama...

Another reason not to re-elect Obama US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Vote for Obama and get fired. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Because Obama is anti-business business owners are having to lay off people.. US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I swear .... conservatives are the gift that keeps on givin'! :mm:

Forum List

Back