Religious Books Worth Reading

That's a hard pass.

I was successful. You never give me credit when I achieve my goals with 100% success.

I have never once had the goal of gaining your approval so you should stop judging me by that standard.

I was successful. You never give me credit when I achieve my goals with 100% success.

I have never once had the goal of gaining your approval so you should stop judging me by that standard.
I don't judge people. I judge behaviors. And laughing leads to crying.

I don't judge people. I judge behaviors. And laughing leads to crying.

I was very successful if you realize that my goal was to get a list of Religious Books Worth Reading.

I was an abysmal failure if you think my goal was to gain ding’s approval.

Each person has to judge this thread as a success or a failure based upon what they think my intended goal was.

What do you think my intended goal was?

I was very successful if you realize that my goal was to get a list of Religious Books Worth Reading.

I was an abysmal failure if you think my goal was to gain ding’s approval.

Each person has to judge this thread as a success or a failure based upon what they think my intended goal was.

What do you think my intended goal was?
I think your goal is to please yourself by showing how clever you think you are.

How well do you think I did that?
I think you are hardly ever disappointed in that. The only real question is is that reality or not.

To quote Pink Floyd.... "and when you lose control, you'll reap the harvest you have sown."

Choose wisely.

I think you are hardly ever disappointed in that. The only real question is is that reality or not.

To quote Pink Floyd.... "and when you lose control, you'll reap the harvest you have sown."

Choose wisely.
I don’t have to make any choices. The following 12 choices have been made for me:

The Closing of the Western Mind: The Rise and Fall of Reason by Charles Freeman
Dispensational Truth by Clarence Larkin
The Late Great Planet by Hal Lindsey
The World's Religions by Huston Smith
The Golden Legend by Jacobus de Voragine
Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan
The Discovery of Freedom by Rose Wilder Lane
City of God by Saint Augustine
Rules for Radicals by Saul Alinsky
Summa Theologica by Thomas Aquinas
The Peyote Road by Thomas C. Maroukis
The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine

Are you jealous that I have been able to obtain a tangible list and all you have is your own self made religion? You want me to join your self made religion and you are disappointed that I won’t. That’s weird. I didn’t think your name was Breezewood.

I don’t have to make any choices. The following 12 choices have been made for me:

The Closing of the Western Mind: The Rise and Fall of Reason by Charles Freeman
Dispensational Truth by Clarence Larkin
The Late Great Planet by Hal Lindsey
The World's Religions by Huston Smith
The Golden Legend by Jacobus de Voragine
Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyan
The Discovery of Freedom by Rose Wilder Lane
City of God by Saint Augustine
Rules for Radicals by Saul Alinsky
Summa Theologica by Thomas Aquinas
The Peyote Road by Thomas C. Maroukis
The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine

Are you jealous that I have been able to obtain a tangible list and all you have is your own self made religion? You want me to join your self made religion and you are disappointed that I won’t. That’s weird. I didn’t think your name was Breezewood.
Everything is choice.

I couldn't be happier for you. Unless of course you were to set aside your cleverness and ball steering to make an earnest effort at discovering God. Maybe you should try doing it without religion. Because you can't seem to get past that.

Everything is choice.

I couldn't be happier for you. Unless of course you were to set aside your cleverness and ball steering to make an earnest effort at discovering God. Maybe you should try doing it without religion. Because you can't seem to get past that.

So I just get to make things up? I can do that. Stay tuned. I’ll put breezewood to shame. Just wait and see.

So I just get to make things up?
You get to suffer the predictable surprises of your choices. That's what you get. But of course it is statistical in nature so you can expect to get away with it some of the time but not all of the time.

I feel like we are making real progress here.
I know. I get to make up a religion like you. I can pretend my religion is better than the thousands of years of wisdom and hundreds of millions of adherents over the millennia that developed that religion. I can pretend that religion is inferior to the one I made up one day when I was in a good mood.

Now you have to insult me because you are afraid the religion I create is superior to the religion you created that day you were in a good mood. Mine will be better than yours and the one breezewood has made up.

Last edited:
I know. I get to make up a religion like you. I can pretend my religion is better than the thousands of years of wisdom and hundreds of millions of adherents over the millennia that developed that religion. I can pretend that religion is inferior to the one I made up one day when I was in a good mood.

Now you have to insult me because you are afraid the religion I create is superior to the religion you created that day you were in a good mood. Mine will be better than yours and the one breezewood has made up.
Is that how you interpreted my advice to set aside religion and discover God instead?

I'm beginning to think you only care about religion and not God.

Is that how you interpreted my advice to set aside religion and discover God instead?

I'm beginning to think you only care about religion and not God.
The only reason you ever heard of God is because of religion. I know you call me clever but I don’t think I’d ever call you clever.

I am trying to compile a list of twelve necessary books that I should read multiple times throughout my life to become an unofficial expert on the subject of religion. My list is a little short. Help me out with some good suggestions. This is what I have so far:

HCSB Bible
Book of Mormon
Bhagavad Gita
Institutes of the Christian Religion
Book of Order (PCUSA)
The Satanic Bible
Qu’ran (probably read it only once)

Is anybody familiar with any of the older books on Puritan theology? They say Charles Spurgeon read scores of books on Puritan theology for fun as a young child. Even though Charles Spurgeon had no formal theological training they say he was highly educated.
For balance you might want to add Dangerous Illusions by Vitally Malkin. Just might blow up all the other books out of the water.

The only reason you ever heard of God is because of religion. I know you call me clever but I don’t think I’d ever call you clever.
Maybe you aren’t as clever as I have given you credit for if you believe that.

But you are right. I’m not clever.

Here's one I had a hand in. About Christianity:

1699015133259.png

Forum List

Back