Religion: The Driving Force Behind Human Civilization

Our awareness of religion and the spirit world probably began at the time of the Upper Paleolithic Revolution, about 50,000 years ago.

The cavemen suddenly got it, huh? :lol:

And why didn't earlier cavemen believe in anything? They were too busy looking at how to start a blaze? :eusa_snooty:

Basically, it says in the Old Testament under Moses, I AM THAT I AM. If you are alive, you are aware of God, unless you're a rock.
lo! cavemen?
I thought you were brighter than this ?
no one knows what exactly what Paleolithic people believed. all the evidence says is they had some sort of spiritual awareness .
you're making as false assumption if you think they believed in the monotheistic sky faerie you do .

I didn't say WHAT they believed in. Even a caveman in theory could quickly read better than that.

Do you read a lot of children's books?

I believe in fairies. It's a matter of semantics. Fairies can just as easily be angels in one form or another, and any angel is autonomous or "monotheistic" as you say.

Our awareness of religion and the spirit world probably began at the time of the Upper Paleolithic Revolution, about 50,000 years ago.

And why didn't earlier cavemen believe in anything? They were too busy looking at how to start a blaze? :eusa_snooty:

Basically, it says in the Old Testament under Moses, I AM THAT I AM. If you are alive, you are aware of God, unless you're a rock.
lo! cavemen?
no one knows what exactly what Paleolithic people believed. all the evidence says is they had some sort of spiritual awareness .
you're making as false assumption if you think they believed in the monotheistic sky faerie you do .

Spiritual awareness = a form of religion, you lying douchebag.

lo! cavemen?

false... you lying douche baG

The term spirituality lacks a definitive definition,[1][2] although social scientists have defined spirituality as the search for "the sacred," where "the sacred" is broadly defined as that which is set apart from the ordinary and worthy of veneration.[3]

The use of the term "spirituality" has changed throughout the ages.[4] In modern times, spirituality is often separated from Abrahamic religions,[5] and connotes a blend of humanistic psychology with mystical and esoteric traditions and eastern religions aimed at personal well-being and personal development.[6] The notion of "spiritual experience" plays an important role in modern spirituality, but has a relatively recent origin.[7]

Last edited:
lo! cavemen?

false... you lying douche baG

The term spirituality lacks a definitive definition,[1][2] although social scientists have defined spirituality as the search for "the sacred," where "the sacred" is broadly defined as that which is set apart from the ordinary and worthy of veneration.[3]

The use of the term "spirituality" has changed throughout the ages.[4] In modern times, spirituality is often separated from Abrahamic religions,[5] and connotes a blend of humanistic psychology with mystical and esoteric traditions and eastern religions aimed at personal well-being and personal development.[6] The notion of "spiritual experience" plays an important role in modern spirituality, but has a relatively recent origin.[7]

Once again JimCrowie1958 doesn't know what he's talking about. Quelle surprise :doubt: Spirituality is not organized religion.

Forum List

Back