Religion should be private

None of that counts. This does.

The Court and Constitutional Interpretation - Supreme Court of the United States

"The republic endures and this is the symbol of its faith."
- CHIEF JUSTICE CHARLES EVANS HUGHES
Cornerstone Address - Supreme Court Building

"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"-These words, written above the main entrance to the Supreme Court Building, express the ultimate responsibility of the Supreme Court of the United States. The Court is the highest tribunal in the Nation for all cases and controversies arising under the Constitution or the laws of the United States. As the final arbiter of the law, the Court is charged with ensuring the American people the promise of equal justice under law and, thereby, also functions as guardian and interpreter of the Constitution.
You're done, sonny. Now you're just babbling.

The system is not really a great one by any means. The SCOTUS is certainly not infallible. The justices are human after all. They are all just as partisan as anyone else irresponsive as to what they have hanging over their door. Most of their decisions are 5 to 4. That's certainly not a super majority. Recently, there have been many calls to have them face term limits, which I support. Of course, I would like to see term limits set on members of Congress as well. I despise career politicians and lifetime appointments to any job.

The Court and Constitutional Interpretation - Supreme Court of the United States

"EQUAL JUSTICE UNDER LAW"-These words, written above the main entrance to the Supreme Court Building, express the ultimate responsibility of the Supreme Court of the United States. The Court is the highest tribunal in the Nation for all cases and controversies arising under the Constitution or the laws of the United States. As the final arbiter of the law, the Court is charged with ensuring the American people the promise of equal justice under law and, thereby, also functions as guardian and interpreter of the Constitution.

Pay him little mind Sally. He makes post after post about God and religion and hardly ever does he get very much traction or views. He's just another Liberal who thinks he's a legend in his own mind.

Poor poor Jake.

Pay him little mind Sally. He makes post after post about God and religion and hardly ever does he get very much traction or views. He's just another Liberal who thinks he's a legend in his own mind.
Typical leftist, bluff, bluster, and BS.

Poor poor Jake.

Typical leftist, bluff, bluster, and BS.

Most on here find him amusing. Pathetic but somewhat amusing.

Most of the sovereignists, libertarians, and the ignorant far right agree with you, human_being, so that is for what it is worth. If Sally were right, all the opinions she dislikes would have been turned over long ago. But that has not happened, nor will it. I would love to see Citizens overturned, but that will have to wait for a new case before SCOTUS or an amendment ratification.

I am not a liberal, and your are not a seer on American law. Sally has trouble understanding the role of SCOTUS so far, but she will learn. Yes, unless an amendment is ratified, SCOTUS is the final arbiter. The issue, as you point out, is that the Justices are human and prejudiced. So is Congress, the President, and the electorate. But since we are a constitutional republic, SCOTUS and the amendment is how the Constitution's structure and or interpretation grows.

Most of the sovereignists, libertarians, and the ignorant far right agree with you, human_being, so that is for what it is worth. If Sally were right, all the opinions she dislikes would have been turned over long ago. But that has not happened, nor will it. I would love to see Citizens overturned, but that will have to wait for a new case before SCOTUS or an amendment ratification.

I am not a liberal, and your are not a seer on American law. Sally has trouble understanding the role of SCOTUS so far, but she will learn. Yes, unless an amendment is ratified, SCOTUS is the final arbiter. The issue, as you point out, is that the Justices are human and prejudiced. So is Congress, the President, and the electorate. But since we are a constitutional republic, SCOTUS and the amendment is how the Constitution's structure and or interpretation grows.

Do tell. I believe I had that back in sixth-grade Civics. That would have been about 1956.

Oh my god. You're a pathetic ignorant leftist who believes the USSC is the final word. The USSC is the highest court, that's all. As you've just been instructed, there is more than one way to override a decision. You're just full of straw men and false premises. Poor baby. Move along now, adults are discussing issues.

Yeah. Christianity is religion, based on book named Bible. Anyone, who reads the book, exposes his love to Christianity. Let's start Fahrenheit 451 :)
Never seen it but looked it up to see what Fahrenheit 451 was. They don't figure burn the books, they already dumbed down the populous now it is just a matter of some more alterations on actual history. A lot that has already been accomplished in many societies (countries).

Maybe, alteration of history is one of hardest sins for the [sic] humankind. Every alteration usually produces a lot of problems. Shoot the past from [sic] pistol - and you'll be shooted [sic] by cannon from [ths] future...

Maybe you should study English in the future.

I'm learning it with your little help, thanks! :)

---
I applaud your efforts, unless you work for Bortnikov's FSB, aka Федеральная служба безопасности Российской Федерации (ФСБ).

Hmm.. You hire me to Bortnikov's FSB - I'm waiting adequate salary from you :) Card number will be in private message

Your religion (if any) should be as private as your genitals.

Anyone who exposes either their genitals or their religion in public should be arrested and given a 2 year minimum prison sentence.

Discuss.

Well, you first must have some law that the religious folks are breaking before you can legally even charge them with anything. Just because you don't approve doesn't cut it.

Yeah...the free speech thing escapes them while the right to bear arms has been completely and thoroughly worn out!

Believe Sally and her beau, or believe the links that clearly show that only amendment or SCOTUS can change the meaning and interpretation of the Constitution. They may not like the doctrine of judicial review, but their dislike means nothing.

Last edited:
Nope. SCOTUS doesn't legislate. Any decision can be overruled by the people by the amendment process. The people have the final say. Sucks to be you.
I have already instructed you on the people and the amendment process. Until then, it is SCOTUS.

Come on Jake. SCOTUS can only render an opinion. SCOTUS cannot enforce anything.
Those are your words, not mine, so your mischaracterization is a lie. SCOTUS opines, and the far right whines.
Renders an opinion or opines. Whatever turns you on.
Either would be fine. The lie is your inference that I ever said SCOTUS ever enforced anything.

In the meantime, you and I will go to church and week-day services and perform on church duties as usual without any interference from the government. Being an American is wonderful.
In the meantime, you and I will go to church and week-day services and perform on church duties as usual without any interference from the government.

And it's all tax free!!!!

Btw Christianity was never supposed to be a private religion. its about reconciliation. Reconciliation with God and with our fellow men. From the beginning Christianity involved building righteous communities. So did Judaism.

If we aren't allowed to fellowship then an important part or our faith is being oppressed

We live in a secular nation.
Nope, the US is "one nation under god", and the money says "in god we trust". The Prez also gets sworn in with one hand on a bible, and one hand free to work the nuclear football that follows him around.

the right to bear arms has been completely and thoroughly worn out!

??????????????????
Actually, the right to bear arms is bullshit because the guvmint won't let people have nukes, tanks, attack helicopters... So the only right anyone has is the right to bear small arms. Which must be what it says in the Constitution, since nobody complains.

Forum List

Back