Religion knocking on the door

Ice29

Mar 11, 2016
Some guy knocked on my door, talking about the bible.

I said, would you please turn to the page where the ten commandment are.
He did.

I said, that every single one of those commandments are flawed.
They don't account for the dynamics of a complex life.
It shows absolutely no exceptions, and they cannot be obeyed all the time.
And according to that book you got there, just one time is enough.

Please turn to the pages where it teaches against Homosexuality.

I said...
Homosexuals have the same rights as everybody else.
And what that scripture in that book of yours does, is it teaches bigotry, and helps to form and unite hate groups.

People are born not necessarily homosexual because children are Asexual.
But they are born with the genetic code to develop Homosexual behavior as they mature into adulthood.
As Children they have the genetic code to act and think as the opposite gender.

When you teach that homosexuality is wrong... people don't like wrong.
And it creates bigotry against people.

That's just one thing.

And there is more evidence of the Loch ness Monster here on earth, than there is of Jesus, or God.

He said... no there isn't.

I said.. sure there is.

The Pliosaur is your "Loch ness monster".. physiologically speaking.

No evidence so far exists, that Jesus ever existed.

And btw...

When you teach that Jesus was some kind of a All encompassing force of benevolence and love...
And then you teach that Jews had him killed...
You're teaching anti-Semitism.
More bigotry.

That book is nothing but a book of problems and its time that you woke up.

He asked me if I trust man.

I said..
Yes I trust man.

He asked me what the first forms of the life on earth is, according me.

I said, single celled bacteria is the first forms of the life on earth.
The components to make these single celled organisms came inside a meteor, and would mix together in the ocean to create the bacteria.

an Ice age, about 75 times longer than the span of human history called "Snowball Earth" caused these bacteria to evolve into a complex multicellular organisms capable of surviving it.

The meteors came from the solar system's formation about 13.7 billion years ago.

Then I said, and you know..
My father just got over cancer.

and as Animals on this earth, its not our job to die.

When you ask me why it matters if we die, and ask me why I want to live longer...

You are preaching death sir.

Its not our job to die.

Then he says, we haven't found a solution to death.

I said..
No we haven't.

But what we have is a chance that no other animal has.
called Brainpower.

He asks me where it comes from that nobody wants to die..

I told him, Instinct.
the one behavior that ALL animals have, no matter the species.

And since you claim to work in a hospital...
I understand that maybe, it is your job to prepare the hopeless for the inevitable.

But you're preaching that it ok to die.
Well its not Ok.. people have meaning, and all animals have a purpose.
And as humans, its our job to outsmart death WHEN and AS we can.

So if you want to preach death...
Go preach it to somebody who nothing more can be done for them.
Go comfort them.

Don't be trying to tell the healthy, or even the optimistic that its ok to simply give up.

Also think about this.

Do you really think that your religion is unique ?
it isn't.

And therefore religion itself creates more differences than what needs to exist.
And therefore more conflict than what should exist.

Sometimes war is inevitable.
Your book created more war than all other causes combined.

So how about you wise up ?

Religious nuts at the door can be fun if you're in the right mood. I've been known to sing to them, pretend I am a religion diametrically opposed to theirs, and invite them to services. Offer them sex. Sooner or later, they walk off with an odd look on their face, and you can be sure that those particular door knockers probably won't be back.

When someone knocks at my door the first question I ask is if the saw that No Trespassing sign on the gate and in four other spots of the property and they will usually tell me yes, and then I tell them they have five seconds to turn around and leave because after I have requested for them to leave and they stay, well it is now criminal trespassing.

When someone knocks at my door the first question I ask is if the saw that No Trespassing sign on the gate and in four other spots of the property and they will usually tell me yes, and then I tell them they have five seconds to turn around and leave because after I have requested for them to leave and they stay, well it is now criminal trespassing.

I'm generally polite at first, and explain that I am comfortable with my own religious beliefs, and condone them for theirs, but I don't care to discuss it with them. If that doesn't get rid of them, then the silly crap starts.

Last time some bible thumpers came to my door I said: "I'll prove to you that your god doesn't exist." So the young guy and girl stopped in their tracks to hear what I was going to say. So I told them, "if your god really existed, do you really think that he'd need you two to go door to door?" The girl burst out laughing before quickly putting her hand in front of her mouth and I went back inside my house. I bet they lost at least one missionary that day. :D

Last time some bible thumpers came to my door I said: "I'll prove to you that your god doesn't exist." So the young guy and girl stopped in their tracks to hear what I was going to say. So I told them, "if your god really existed, do you really think that he'd need you two to go door to door?" The girl burst out laughing before quickly putting her hand in front of her mouth and I went back inside my house. I bet they lost at least one missionary that day. :D
shes.laughing at you, doof.

Maybe we should crowdfund you a clue?

Now everybody's laughing at you.

Because you say so? You have that kind of sway with people here? :lol:

Because you say so? You have that kind of sway with people here? :lol:
No, because you're funny.

well told!

"I already belong to a church, thank you for coming."

That's all you have to say.

Last time some bible thumpers came to my door I said: "I'll prove to you that your god doesn't exist." So the young guy and girl stopped in their tracks to hear what I was going to say. So I told them, "if your god really existed, do you really think that he'd need you two to go door to door?" The girl burst out laughing before quickly putting her hand in front of her mouth and I went back inside my house. I bet they lost at least one missionary that day.
Or not. She may have recalled that while she may have received a verbal stab in following the Great Commission to spread the Good News to all, Christ was crucified for spreading that same Good News. He warns his followers, "If they persecute me, they will persecute you."

Forum List

Back