Zone1 Religion is not needed if a "golden rule" is valued

That mind, rather than emerging, has always been the source or matrix for the material world. That this is a life breeding, intelligence creating universe because the constant presence of mind made it so.
What a FANTASY! You are completely ignorant of scientific methodology.

What a FANTASY! You are completely ignorant of scientific methodology.
It is primarily physicists who have expressed the relationship between mind and matter, and the primacy of mind; Arthur Eddington, Von Weizsacker, Wolfgang Pauli and George Wald, all contemplated it.

It is primarily physicists who have expressed the relationship between mind and matter, and the primacy of mind; Arthur Eddington, Von Weizsacker, Wolfgang Pauli and George Wald, all contemplated it.
Physicists "contemplated"? Along with millions of others! So what? Physicists don't have the special scientific expertise to study consciousness.Try looking up neuroscientists, especially neuropsychologists.

Physicists "contemplated"? Along with millions of others! So what? Physicists don't have the special scientific expertise to study consciousness.Try looking up neuroscientists, especially neuropsychologists.
Everything is information and information is mind stuff.

Wow, that was very informative! LOL.
All living creatures use information. You believe that a bacterium has a "mind"?
That's not what I meant but even so all living things react to their surroundings. It's a characteristic of living things. You think anything can react to its surroundings without information?

That's not what I meant but even so all living things react to their surroundings. It's a characteristic of living things. You think anything can react to its surroundings without information?
What's your point? All life needs religion?
This thread is about the futility of religion.

If religion were futile it wouldn't still exist. It would have died out long ago according to Darwinian principles.
Darwin studied Biology. Religion is explained by Cultural Anthropology & Social Psychology, and sometimes Psychiatry.
Please learn more about the sciences.

Darwin studied Biology. Religion is explained by Cultural Anthropology & Social Psychology, and sometimes Psychiatry.
Please learn more about the sciences.
I've probably forgotten more science than you ever knew. Maybe take your own advice.

You militant atheist types are the worst. According to Darwin there are two components to natural selection; functional advantage and transfer of functional advantage. So if religion offered no functional advantage, according to Darwinian principles it would have died out long ago.

It's your militant atheism that is worthless. A big pile of steaming shit that breeds rude, inconsiderate and dishonest people who make no distinction between right and wrong.

No. How'd you make that leap in logic?
You said everything (all living creatures are part of everything) uses information & information is mind stuff. So, you must believe that a bacterium has a "mind"!

You said everything (all living creatures are part of everything) uses information & information is mind stuff. So, you must believe that a bacterium has a "mind"!
No. I didn't say information is a mind. I said information is mind stuff.

And I didn't say everything uses information. I said everything is information and information is mind stuff.

What's your level of education?

I've probably forgotten more science than you ever knew. Maybe take your own advice.

You militant atheist types are the worst. According to Darwin there are two components to natural selection; functional advantage and transfer of functional advantage. So if religion offered no functional advantage, according to Darwinian principles it would have died out long ago.

It's your militant atheism that is worthless. A big pile of steaming shit that breeds rude, inconsiderate and dishonest people who make no distinction between right and wrong.
NOW the real Ding Dong comes out! LOL.
Can't argue intelligently, therefore spits out emotions.

No. I didn't say information is a mind. I said information is mind stuff.

And I didn't say everything uses information. I said everything is information and information is mind stuff.

What's your level of education?
Again, you make little sense. I don't need to flaunt my higher education to debate. Focus on rationality.

NOW the real Ding Dong comes out! LOL.
Can't argue intelligently, therefore spits out emotions.
That was an intelligent argument. Militant atheists need to Darwinize themselves out of existence. They're the new Nazi's of the 21st century. Seriously, what have you ever accomplished in your life that would make what you have to say worth hearing? Nothing.

Forum List

Back