Religion and Ethics

Status
Not open for further replies.
So....just to set the record straight...is USmessageboard a political forum only and just happens to have other forums of other topics a side note?

Secondly, why is it so damn hard to AVOID threads you (the following yous are "general you", not one specific person) don't agree with, like religion? Do you stomp into a church and tell the parishoners they are idiots? One would hope not. It's rude. And hateful. WHY is it so hard to let like minded people discuss their faith in peace?

flacaltenn

I have no problem with religious people discussing their religion peacefully without Atheists in it, until they start attacking Atheists, then should not be surprised when they get a strong reaction.

As far as I remember I have been in just three religion threads, two were attacks on Atheists, I stayed out of the other 99% of religion threads.

So....just to set the record straight...is USmessageboard a political forum only and just happens to have other forums of other topics a side note?

Secondly, why is it so damn hard to AVOID threads you (the following yous are "general you", not one specific person) don't agree with, like religion? Do you stomp into a church and tell the parishoners they are idiots? One would hope not. It's rude. And hateful. WHY is it so hard to let like minded people discuss their faith in peace?

flacaltenn

I have no problem with religious people discussing their religion peacefully without Atheists in it, until they start attacking Atheists, then should not be surprised when they get a strong reaction.

As far as I remember I have been in just three religion threads, two were attacks on Atheists, I stayed out of the other 99% of religion threads.
Hogwash. You obviously have a problem with religious people discussing their religion and you make sure you watch that thread or threads, waiting for them "attacking" atheists who barged in to disrupt that conversation. Why else are they there but to make fun of believers, then when the believers get angry at being invaded with nastiness, you call it attacking atheists.

Start an atheist thread. Then see how many religious people come in just to troll. NONE, that's how many.

The more you blather, the more I see thru your bullshit.

flacaltenn

Hogwash. You obviously have a problem with religious people discussing their religion and you make sure you watch that thread or threads, waiting for them "attacking" atheists who barged in to disrupt that conversation. Why else are they there but to make fun of believers, then when the believers get angry at being invaded with nastiness, you call it attacking atheists.

Start an atheist thread. Then see how many religious people come in just to troll. NONE, that's how many.

The more you blather, the more I see thru your bullshit.

Ha ha, I have posted maybe 15 times in three years most of it in the last 2-3 weeks. Been in just 3 threads in the same 3 years, Two of the three threads I posted in are threads created for attacking Atheists, thus your silly emotional outburst isn't helping you here.

Here are the last two threads I posted in:

Richard Dawkins and The Ignorance of The New Atheism

and,

Let's Examine the Claims of Atheists

I leave the other 99% religious threads alone.

Dude..I don't care where you post, when you post, how you post. My point is, IF you do not frequent the religion forum, how the hell do you know if atheists are supposedly being attacked by religious people unless you are lurking in there waiting to pounce.

Again, I ask WHY anyone would enter a thread in a forum they have no interest in except to badger those in there that have a mindset completely different from the opposing non believers who entered to...what? Name call? Defend other non believers?

Your story does not make sense to me. I am not emotional about it either. I am asking WHY. Also, your own emotional little rant in pm to me didn't score you any points either.

Don't do that again. I rarely get pms because I don't want to get involved in backroom bullshit. Thanks in advance for not repeating it.

I have no interest in The Garage. It's mostly a mancave, doing car talk. But if someone went in there and said car buffs are wussies and they should be on bicycles, HOW WOULD I KNOW unless I haunted the place, just waiting to troll the car buffs when they tell the bicycle enthusiasts to start their own thread about bikes and leave them be?

You seem to want to change what USMB is. And I have a feeling you want to be a moderator here. Newsflash: the mods ASK someone if they want to be a mod. Its not a Help Wanted situation. USMB has been putting along for some time now. Obviously they are doing something right, except in your opinion.

IF YOU ARE NOT SPIRITUAL, NOR RELIGIOUS, STAY OUT OF THAT FORUM. Period. So simple, yet such a ruckus about it.:rolleyes:

Addendum:

I usually agree with many of your posts. This time, not so much.Plus, I am not fond out pms from people I dont know well, saying to me things Id rather not read.

Dude..I don't care where you post, when you post, how you post. My point is, IF you do not frequent the religion forum, how the hell do you know if atheists are supposedly being attacked by religious people unless you are lurking in there waiting to pounce.

Again, I ask WHY anyone would enter a thread in a forum they have no interest in except to badger those in there that have a mindset completely different from the opposing non believers who entered to...what? Name call? Defend other non believers?

Your story does not make sense to me. I am not emotional about it either. I am asking WHY. Also, your own emotional little rant in pm to me didn't score you any points either.

Don't do that again. I rarely get pms because I don't want to get involved in backroom bullshit. Thanks in advance for not repeating it.

You are indeed getting emotional and irrational because I just posted the two THREADS I posted in that by TITLE were an attack on Atheism. That is WHY I responded to them, while never even reading the other 99% of the other threads because they don't involved Atheists in the thread titles.

Richard Dawkins and The Ignorance of The New Atheism

and,

Let's Examine the Claims of Atheists

Last edited:
I have no interest in The Garage. It's mostly a mancave, doing car talk. But if someone went in there and said car buffs are wussies and they should be on bicycles, HOW WOULD I KNOW unless I haunted the place, just waiting to troll the car buffs when they tell the bicycle enthusiasts to start their own thread about bikes and leave them be?

You seem to want to change what USMB is. And I have a feeling you want to be a moderator here. Newsflash: the mods ASK someone if they want to be a mod. Its not a Help Wanted situation. USMB has been putting along for some time now. Obviously they are doing something right, except in your opinion.

IF YOU ARE NOT SPIRITUAL, NOR RELIGIOUS, STAY OUT OF THAT FORUM. Period. So simple, yet such a ruckus about it.:rolleyes:

Newsflash! I have been asked if I wanted to moderate nothing developed, but if they ask me again, I WILL REFUSE because I don't agree with the overt tolerance of the chronic rule breaking that goes on here. Too much off topic postings goes unmoderated, it something not accepted at Watts Up With That? where I am a senior Moderator there.

Not if a religionist start a thread attacking Atheist's in some way, YOU can't tell me that I as an Atheists can't join in those rare anti- Atheists' threads. :rolleyes:

Jeez!

Again.....I DONT CARE WHAT YOU POST, HOW YOU POST, WHEN YOU POST, WHERE YOU POST, nor post numbers you seem to want me to look up. I DONT CARE about any of that. I am giving my opinion, ON TOPIC, in THIS thread about a forum that needs major revamping because assholes can't seem to refrain from trolling people minding their own business in a thread geared for religious discussion BY BELIEVERS, nor do I care about who put you on iggie for whatever reason but seems to upset you because you keep bringing it up. NOBODY CARES. Dayum!

I'm going to bed. Regale others with your complaints. I'm done.

My last word on the matter:
It is against the rules to promote another board here. YOu keep repeating the name of the board you hang out at. Stop it.
And no worries you would ever be asked to moderate HERE. It will never happen for you. But you keep dreaming it will if it floats your boat.

Good night.

My last word on the matter:
It is against the rules to promote another board here. YOu keep repeating the name of the board you hang out at. Stop it.
And no worries you would ever be asked to moderate HERE. It will never happen for you. But you keep dreaming it will if it floats your boat.

Good night.

Now you are being an ass since YOU asked me questions, you made demands on me, them scream at me when I respond. :cuckoo:

Are you blind to what I already posted in FRONT OF YOU?

"Newsflash! I have been asked if I wanted to moderate nothing developed, but if they ask me again, I WILL REFUSE because I don't agree with the overt tolerance of the chronic rule breaking that goes on here. Too much off topic postings goes unmoderated, it something not accepted at Watts Up With That? where I am a senior Moderator there."

You complain about a rule being broken, while I see rules broken all the time here, I report quite a few, but hate doing it because I shouldn't have to do much of it.

Good Grief!

Tommy is now on iggie. Dude cannot seem to grasp anything and has too many tantrums.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
But what I posted was about Bible INTERNAL errors and contradictions, Science isn't needed at all to defend or attack it.
There are no contradictions if that's what you're talking about.

Post ONE down there and well discuss it. But stick with one per thread instead of jumping to many in a single thread.

As a spiritual but not truly religious person, I see no diff in the PROSTELYZING efforts of atheists or people of faith.
That after just declaring
there's no manual or scriptures or tenets of atheism.
Amazing mental gymnastics there. Add "They just dont want the DISCIPLINE and HUMILITY that organized religion requires.".. wtf? Must be strong, whatever you're smokin' these days. You were right the first time. Indoctrination is always there on the one hand, not so on the other. The one is always (humbly? lol) pressuring the other to join, conform, be like us! The other just wants the first to mercifully piss off for a change.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm

Excellent logic about just staying out of forums that one is not interested in. I am not sure how other people navigate this forum though, but there are no subforums the way I do it. I only use the "new posts" subforum, so all the threads are combined into one list for me. I don't worry about rules on political forum sites, since I visit many different sites and they are all basically the same. I naturally post in a way where I don't violate rules, so I don't run into problems beyond partisan censorship. I could easily click on a thread from some obscure subforum here without even knowing what subforum it is in. It is a political site, so I know how to respond to any thread that comes up in my new posts list...

Keep up your great posts!

I'm an atheist. I ran into other alleged atheists that wanted desperately to hijack my thread and make it about what they wanted to because they assumed I was Christian. These people are most certainly not comparable to Hitchens or any of the other greats that could even make an argument. Again, I'm saying that as an atheist and there were several things stated that even though I agreed in part it wasn't the topic of the thread. These people were there specifically to disrespect someone else.

Every thread is a shitfest.

I know that chem engineer is full of crap. So...I don't respond. If there is a "why atheists blah dee blah blah blah" in the title then I'm leaving. It's not my job to correct someone's religious views. I also don't want to get locked into a go nowhere argument with an imbecile that won't end.

Should there be an Atheist forum? Because there's no manual or scriptures or tenets of atheism. The "shitfest" is because of the polarization about AFFILIATION AND ASSOCIATION.. Not because atheists dont have moral backbone. They just dont want the DISCIPLINE and HUMILITY that organized religion requires. And that lack of humility is vested in a strong predilection towards "secular humanism" which in itself is quite problematic in maintaining freedom and tolerance when men/women are individually the judges of morals and beliefs,

Not picking another shitfest here.. Want to know what you think we do to separate the irreconcilable differences. MYSELF -- I dont want to be in a society that places ANY man or woman as the ultimate arbiter of right and wrong.. It's that old saying about you overcome being a "non-believer" for certain in prison or a concentration camp...
An atheist forum? That would be one dead side show. Once your there, that's kind of it. Noobs rant and rave about being lied to but then it's over. You don't see too many threads hyper focused on atheism started by atheists. When atheists walk into a room, we know some stuff. For example, we don't need religion to tell us what constitutes right action. We do it because it needs to be done or we don't. That's it. Try to put us all in some type of organized group and we start twitching because we recognize it as a an attempt to use us for a political end.

There are atheists posting there that firmly believe religion is the undoing of the world and their mission is to destroy it and they will try at every opportunity. An atheist only forum is not going to be helpful to their cause.

Some people need that religious structure. That's cool. Nothing wrong with it. These people are not movers and shakers. They can't answer for anyone else in the past or in the present. They are just people.

Religious people need to understand that atheism is not equal to communism. That isn't how it works. God is not going to ask you about me and what I have been up to.

Ginsburg: Sometimes you have to be a little deaf.

But what I posted was about Bible INTERNAL errors and contradictions, Science isn't needed at all to defend or attack it.
There are no contradictions if that's what you're talking about.

Post ONE down there and well discuss it. But stick with one per thread instead of jumping to many in a single thread.

There are many and you missed my reply to FlaCalTenn HERE in this thread.

Chem Engineer quickly ran away,,,,,,,, :rolleyes:

I'm an atheist. I ran into other alleged atheists that wanted desperately to hijack my thread and make it about what they wanted to because they assumed I was Christian. These people are most certainly not comparable to Hitchens or any of the other greats that could even make an argument. Again, I'm saying that as an atheist and there were several things stated that even though I agreed in part it wasn't the topic of the thread. These people were there specifically to disrespect someone else.

Every thread is a shitfest.

I know that chem engineer is full of crap. So...I don't respond. If there is a "why atheists blah dee blah blah blah" in the title then I'm leaving. It's not my job to correct someone's religious views. I also don't want to get locked into a go nowhere argument with an imbecile that won't end.

Should there be an Atheist forum? Because there's no manual or scriptures or tenets of atheism. The "shitfest" is because of the polarization about AFFILIATION AND ASSOCIATION.. Not because atheists dont have moral backbone. They just dont want the DISCIPLINE and HUMILITY that organized religion requires. And that lack of humility is vested in a strong predilection towards "secular humanism" which in itself is quite problematic in maintaining freedom and tolerance when men/women are individually the judges of morals and beliefs,

Not picking another shitfest here.. Want to know what you think we do to separate the irreconcilable differences. MYSELF -- I dont want to be in a society that places ANY man or woman as the ultimate arbiter of right and wrong.. It's that old saying about you overcome being a "non-believer" for certain in prison or a concentration camp...
An atheist forum? That would be one dead side show. Once your there, that's kind of it. Noobs rant and rave about being lied to but then it's over. You don't see too many threads hyper focused on atheism started by atheists. When atheists walk into a room, we know some stuff. For example, we don't need religion to tell us what constitutes right action. We do it because it needs to be done or we don't. That's it. Try to put us all in some type of organized group and we start twitching because we recognize it as a an attempt to use us for a political end.

There are atheists posting there that firmly believe religion is the undoing of the world and their mission is to destroy it and they will try at every opportunity. An atheist only forum is not going to be helpful to their cause.

Some people need that religious structure. That's cool. Nothing wrong with it. These people are not movers and shakers. They can't answer for anyone else in the past or in the present. They are just people.

Religious people need to understand that atheism is not equal to communism. That isn't how it works. God is not going to ask you about me and what I have been up to.

Ginsburg: Sometimes you have to be a little deaf.

Agree with you that an Atheist forum is a bad idea as most Atheist's don't want to waste their time starting threads to attack religion, but they WILL enter religious threads that attack Atheists.

The solution is for religious people to stop starting threads for the purpose of attacking Atheists. Then report trolling, off topic replies from non religious people in Religion only threads.

This Country has a first Amendment and long history for religious freedom to worship, that is why you will not see Atheists crashing Church services, but might crash religion only threads because some Atheists can be jerks just like Religious people can be jerks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back