Relationship between the Eurasian steppe and the Great Plains

Last edited:
In general, I consider myself closer to the American mentality than to the Europeans. I don’t know exactly my pedigree, but I have Ukrainian blood, and my mother looks like Sisi Bavarian. I think that this is South Slavic blood, which correlates with the Danube. And it is much easier for me to communicate with Americans than with Europeans and northern Russians, I feel a closeness in spirit and mentality.
Northern Russians are more reminiscent of the Prussian mentality, they are prone to punctuality and accuracy, they love being led in formation. Although they talk about the breadth of the soul, this is clearly not about them, but about the steppe Russia, which was before the revolution, something like the hussars and the Cossack will.
American spirit is like this steppe spirit, America loves strength, professional army, cowboy and freedom.
And Americans are less cunning, they are simpler

Last edited:
When a new post-Soviet culture began to emerge during the Reagan era and in the early 90s, there was a lot of romance and a lot borrowed from American culture. At that time, Russia loved America, watched many American films, and then there was more influence from the Urals. It was the Ural musicians who were the source of a more romantic trend in the mass media. Then there were a lot of women of a more Eastern, Ural type on the stage.
On the other hand, a lot of St. Petersburg musicians opposed this trend, they preached something like northern nationalism. There were many real Nazis in this Petersburg get-together.
It was mostly primitive and rough, but aggressive music. Groups like Alice and Metal Corrosion for example.

And I think that the participation of the United States on the side of the Northern Alliance in Afghanistan is also no coincidence, there were not only purely anti-left but also ethnic motives. The right in the United States somehow felt a kinship, and this is the former Turkestan, a region associated with Aryan equestrian culture. There was the core of Parthiya

And there is no doubt that the United States has the same cultural division, which is why the great plains usually vote for the right, and the east coast for the left.
Moreover, in the USA it is much more obvious, because there is still no significant assimilation there.

And it is much easier for me to communicate with Americans than with Europeans and northern Russians, I feel a closeness in spirit and mentality
No offence meant, but for me you are a common Russian. I have communicated with a number of your compatriots here over the years I have been here. You are no different.

No offence meant, but for me you are a common Russian. I have communicated with a number of your compatriots here over the years I have been here. You are no different.
But for me you are not an ordinary American and in many ways are just like Russians

Forum List

Back