Regrettable': Germany reacts to Trump plan to withdraw US troops

Donald Trump’s plans to withdraw roughly a third of the US troops stationed in Germany have been criticised in the country by conservatives and welcomed by leftwing politicians.

The US president has reportedly ordered the Pentagon to reduce the number of troops by 9,500 from the 34,500 permanently assigned in Germany as part of a long-standing arrangement with Washington’s Nato ally.

Johann Wadephul, the deputy chair of the parliamentary group of Angela Merkel’s Christian Democratic Union (CDU), described the withdrawal as a wake-up call. “The plans show that the Trump administration is neglecting an elementary task of leadership, to bind coalition partners into decision-making processes,” he said.

“Everyone profits from the alliance sticking together, only Russia and China profit from discord. Washington should pay more attention to that.”

The leader of the parliamentary group of the leftwing party Die Linke welcomed the development. “The federal government should accept it with gratitude and promptly start preparing the complete withdrawal of US soldiers with the Trump administration,” said Dietmar Bartsch.

This is an interesting development.
Ah they lose thier minds everytime an American administration slashes troop levels in Germany......basically because we've reduced them to pussies and leaches on the worlds longest running white guilt trip

Regrettable? To hell with them europeons.

:eusa_naughty: :salute:
Sorry.

I’m not really a Euro. I’m more special than that.:up:
So you're hassling me and looking for trouble. Got it.

I wouldn’t dream of it.:4_13_65:
Polock!

BE14F399-1D5E-48B6-8596-1AB69D36A1D0.png

Whodathunk that Germany would turn out to be so weak and dependent on the US military? It's time for Germany's military to take off the training wheels and be big boys.
Last time they did that, more than a couple folks had a hissy fit.

Whodathunk that Germany would turn out to be so weak and dependent on the US military? It's time for Germany's military to take off the training wheels and be big boys.

Germany has had to play down its military, and even its patriotism.

It’s very sensitive about that.

I have a theory that within 30 years we’ll be back at war with Germany/EU...

The Germans have no lust for war.

No one would with an occupation army greater/stronger than your own within your borders. 30 years tops...

No one would with an occupation army greater/stronger than your own within your borders. 30 years tops...

I live there. I know how they think.

Times change. We’ve had to beat them down twice now.

Well they are infiltrating you, surreptitiously. Haven’t you noticed?

Aldi, Lidl, Trader Joe, T-online, jobs with Lufthansa, the German flag flying at Dulles airport. No one’s been able to explain that last one
to me.

Then there are the cars.

need us more than we need them.......but our country has been DIVERSIFIED........LOL

I'm sure one day China or the Muzzies will care about our Diverseity
The point is they don't need you at all. With greater pleasure, they would sign a wide economical deal with Russia.

Well they are infiltrating you, surreptitiously. Haven’t you noticed?

Aldi, Lidl, Trader Joe, T-online, jobs with Lufthansa, the German flag flying at Dulles airport. No one’s been able to explain that last one
to me.

Then there are the cars.

I welcome all of them, especially the auto manufacturers.

9,500 isn't a big deal, Russia is tied up elsewhere, and in any case Germany is a match for them in conventional assets, if not nukes; the problem is the EU instability in general, Britain leaving, etc., and all the 5th columnists from Islamo-Land and Africa could wreak havoc domestically if a war was to break out. The govt. there will be changing soon, so wait and see what develops then. A shift to the 'right' is in the making there, centrists in our terms.

President Trump is sending a message to the German people, dump your idiot leftwing leaders, we aren’t going to defend a fascist leftwing government.

Let’s see how they respond.

The US Army is probably even lobbying in favor of Germany against tariffs because of their bases and Africa operations.
USA ran trade deficit of 67 billion $ with Germany in 2019.

First the troops, then the tariffs.
Trump is right on this.
There are many free-riders within NATO.

Forum List

Back