Regarding the Judgement Entered Against Alex Jones

Viktor

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2013
Southern California
The judgement will be appealed and that will take months or years to resolve.

Media companies carry legal liability insurance. If any payment is made after all appeals are exhausted, the insurance company will make it. That will probably take years.

Moreover, the insurance company will use their huge legal teams and resources to fight the judgement and, if any judgement is actually paid, it will be a greatly reduced amount negotiated with the plaintiff.

Why is it that you couldn't state this in the Jones thread?

It's very telling that the ONLY people defending Jones are the right wingers.

Jones and MTG are disgusting scum.

Why don't Lastamender toobfreak and Muhammed get together and harass Cancer Children at he Childrens Hospital.
It's what you do, well, because your scum like Jones and Green.

Why don't Lastamender toobfreak and Muhammed get together and harass Cancer Children at he Childrens Hospital.
I see, so you also have an irrational hatred Green too. What truth did she tell that really pisses you off so much?

We are defending his rights, not the man, you shallow idiot.

It's very telling that the ONLY people defending Jones are the right wingers. Jones and MTG are disgusting scum.

OH! I am so hurt by your opinion! I may never recover! Your attacks and criticism have ruined my life! You owe me a billion dollars now. Pay up, sucka.

Put another way, I am just great with fining Jones a fee if he injured others if you can show me how his mere words actually inflicted damage to others, actual HARM to their lives for his views, then show me how they suffered so much that the families of those lost at the school deserve even $20,000 in compensatory damages each! I once was injured by a careless employee who left me unable to work for a long time and might have ended my career and was told by MY attorney that I might get $2,000 in damages. I eventually got $16,000 after a nine month battle.

I was on a jury once where a woman was hit by a car and left in a body cast for a year unable to work or care for her life and people on the jury refused to offer her a nickel above paying her medical bills. Not a nickel for her pain and suffering.

Anyone doing a billion dollars in damage must be far worse than Jeffrey Dahmer who ate people! Worse even than the 911 attackers! Tell me: how many lifetimes in prison will Jones serve?

So Winky, now tell me again how all 27 people at that school lost (including an FBI agent?) suffered to a degree worth THIRTY SEVEN MILLION DOLLARS, probably thirty times as much as each of their families will earn in their lifetimes? And that is not it, there has already been two trials for the same crime and supposedly now even a THIRD again in the future. Why not five more trials? Why not seven years of trials like Trump?

Just what did this talk jock say over the air that deserves over a BILLION dollars in damages far more than he can ever repay? And what do you think this will do to harm political debate and discussion in this country if people start getting sued for a billion dollars--- enough to run the entire city of Chicago for four years, just for airing their views.

And if Jones did a billion dollars damage to this little school for an opinion, then what do you think the states of Arizona, California, Texas and New Mexico are owed, or the families of the MILLIONS of people harmed by crime or lost due to imported fentanyl are owed by the flagrantly callous disregard for their duties to defend and protect our border from illegal invasion and drugs by Kammy Harris and Joe Biden? What, maybe a trillion dollars? :smoke:

Alex Jones is a despicable being.
He deserves DEATH.

iujones.gif

The judgement will be appealed and that will take months or years to resolve.

Media companies carry legal liability insurance. If any payment is made after all appeals are exhausted, the insurance company will make it. That will probably take years.

Moreover, the insurance company will use their huge legal teams and resources to fight the judgement and, if any judgement is actually paid, it will be a greatly reduced amount negotiated with the plaintiff.

Actually. Some of what you wrote is wrong.

Yes. Liability insurance covers such payments. However. If the award is greater than the maximum payment. The individual is left liable for the remainder. It is not having enough insurance.

In this case. I doubt the insurance will pay a dime. The reason is that Jones lost the cases because he was not doing what he was supposed to.

An example. Discovery. If you get a subpoena for any relevant documents. You have to produce them. If you don’t and are caught you will be hammered by the judge. Jones didn’t. And was caught. More than once. So he lost the case as a result of the summary judgement. The judge got tired of him playing games and found for the plaintiff.

Arguing that it wasn’t fair that he got caught cheating won’t go far in the appeals.

The only avenue left is that the judgement was excessive. Most of it was punitive. Punitive damages. Again his own actions and incompetence set those up.

The insurance policy may have a section that minimizes the liability of the company in such cases.

Forum List

Back