Regal Cinemas Closing - Hollywood Glitterati Deserve It!

My "world view" is fine.

I'm a recovering Catholic. That's a road I've no interest in traveling again...
Sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstances regarding religion, but never stop seeking, otherwise you'll find your place if you don't give up.

He's just a troll is all he is, otherwise he thinks that he's outsmarting everyone, but actually he's dealing with folks that are way beyond his intellectual prowess. He's just an irritating obstacle in the road that forces everyone to go around, but the truth route the people are on is undeterred by his attempted speed bumps he tries to create.
Push him back enough he just whines and attacks. Point out his logic flaws and hypocrisy he cries foul and ignores you

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate circumstances regarding religion, but never stop seeking, otherwise you'll find your place if you don't give up.

Why is it the least Christ-like people on this forum are also the most vocal about their religion?

It is a perfect storm with no single cause.
1) Streaming rentals. Why pay the money to sit in an uncomfortable, often FREEZING theater when you can pay $6 and watch it in the comfort of your home on a big screen TV, and if you want, a sound system as good as the theater.
2) Covid. People got use to not going out.
3) Inflation. People don't have nearly the discretionary cash they did just a few years ago.
4) And finally - you bet - movies today suck. There are still good ones, but they are outnumbered at minimum 10 - 1 by cheap, weird flashy crap like the recent Elvis movie.

Movie Theaters are going by the way of the old Drive-In Movies. A by gone.
And probably will never return.
You’re right about drive-in movies being a great option! Just went to a drive-in theater that has six screens, and the only reason I found out about it (1.5 hour drive) is the local drive-in I frequent is closed to give it’s seasonal workers time off:)

I have always loved the drive-in since a kid and will never get over my love for fresh hot buttered popcorn at the concession stand, the freedom you have or at least it feels quite freeing to watch a movie from inside your car or outside of it, and to just being able to talk is a real gift for people like me! Lol

If I had the money I would absolutely invest in land and build a drive-in.

Last edited:
And, as has already been mentioned, people became comfortable not going out and spending money.

That is also hurting restaurants. Bloomington, IN where we are has been known as a "foodie" town for a very long time.
AMAZING restaurant choices for a mid size city... absolutely more and better restaurants than Indianapolis. 10 times our size.
Not any more.
The restaurant landscape here has dramatically changed. Most due to Covid.
A national chain restaurant buyer swallowed up 6 locally owned restaurants here...and the change was not good. The love the former owners had is unmistakably missing in the quality of the food. As well as at least a dozen were never reopened after Covid.
People just got use to staying home.

You’re right about drive-in movies being a great option! Just went to a drive-in theater that has six screens, and the only reason I found out about it (1.5 hour drive) is the local drive-in I frequent is closed to give it’s seasonal workers time off:)

I have always loved the drive-in since a kid and will never get over my love for fresh hot buttered popcorn at the concession stand, the freedom you have or at least it feels quite freeing to watch a movie from inside your car or outside of it, and to just being able to talk is a real gift for people like me! Lol

If I had the money I would absolutely invest in land and build a drive-in.
We use to love taking the kids there on family nights.
We would take my pickup truck, back it into the parking spot so the back is facing the screen - I rigged up speakers with long wires that I put on the side of the bed and I put in an air mattress in the back. Super comfy!! Wasn't long before we started seeing other people doing it.
Nothing beats a clear-cool fall evening with blankies and the air mattress under the stars watching a movie!

Priced themselves out of business, same as a lot of food franchises are doing now. What was popcorn up to now? Last time we paid to see a movie was The Unforgiven with Clint Eastwood and Dracula at one of those 'fourplexes'; tiny uncomfortable seats because they decided to copy the airlines cheap tricks and ridiculous concession prices. When I was a kid it cost a quarter to 35 cents and was packed every show on Friday nights and weekends, especially for the horror movies and Elvis, and we lived in a small town of maybe 5,000.

Drive-ins are still around. Some new have been built, and some are being reopened. Just have to look for them.

Yes, they were having a revival there for a while, but haven't heard anything about one lately around here. Some burgers and beer joints were running old movies for a while, but it closed down with the COVID thing. Had a good long run, though.

Or, it could just be with the pandemic killing its walk in business and the rise of streaming eating into its profits that could have done it.....
But no..it's being "woke". :auiqs.jpg:
Woke shows and movies available on the WEB are getting very few ratings.

People can access new movies from home now. Big screen TVs with excellent sound systems. No crowds, cheaper snacks, no rude jerks pushing on your seat, no brats who won't turn off their phones. Movie theaters will soon be as extinct as the video stores.

Woke shows and movies available on the WEB are getting very few ratings.
They get the publicity and ratings they get. The OP was about the reasons for Regal closing a few of their theaters.
Home viewing, streaming, and the pandemic that put a torpedo into the side of their business model are the reasons for the decline.

And the last movie I saw in a theater was the very last Harry Potter movie..in 2011.

It is a perfect storm with no single cause.
1) Streaming rentals. Why pay the money to sit in an uncomfortable, often FREEZING theater when you can pay $6 and watch it in the comfort of your home on a big screen TV, and if you want, a sound system as good as the theater.
2) Covid. People got use to not going out.
3) Inflation. People don't have nearly the discretionary cash they did just a few years ago.
4) And finally - you bet - movies today suck. There are still good ones, but they are outnumbered at minimum 10 - 1 by cheap, weird flashy crap like the recent Elvis movie.

Movie Theaters are going by the way of the old Drive-In Movies. A by gone.
And probably will never return.
We got a drive inn in indy that just shows Pre 2000 movies and its always packed. Fuckin wokes ruined movies. MeToomyass😂

i'm reminded of this report that came out some time ago ... but me thinx it's not any cleaner now.

3/24/2014

ABC's 20/20 Swabs Movie Theaters — And What They Find Ain't Pretty​

A news report says 20/20 swabbed several theaters in New York and Los Angeles, collecting 17 samples in total. They then sent the samples to New York University Professor of Microbiology, Phillip M. Tierno, Ph.D. to analyze.

Tierno found evidence of bacteria found in cattle and soil, as well as bacteria commonly found in human feces and yeast.

“You have to be aware that the armrest, the seat and other areas of the theater are contaminated with the public that sat before you,” Tierno told 20/20. “When you wear shorts or have open lesions in the skin, you might subject yourself to a risk of an infection.”

It's unclear how often theater seats are cleaned. The professor's advice?

“One of the things, when I’m eating popcorn, is not to touch the seats with your right hand,” he said. “If you’re going to hit the armrest, keep your hand in the air...always have a ‘good hand’ and a ‘bad hand.’”

ABC's 20/20 Swabs Movie Theaters — And What They Find Ain't Pretty

💩

We use to love taking the kids there on family nights.
We would take my pickup truck, back it into the parking spot so the back is facing the screen - I rigged up speakers with long wires that I put on the side of the bed and I put in an air mattress in the back. Super comfy!! Wasn't long before we started seeing other people doing it.
Nothing beats a clear-cool fall evening with blankies and the air mattress under the stars watching a movie!
Double that iam! Sounds like a great way to get out with the kids and both adults and kids like it.

My daughter and I go every season at least once- currently Halloween spooky movies although I like wimpy spooky and she likes full on spooky. My husband stopped going with us a few years back hmmm I’m thinking it had something to do with asking questions during the movie lol

Saw Jurrasic World Dominion at the cinema complex. 'XD' sound and 3-D. The theater had comfy recliners and heated seat if you wanted. It was more like a sensory experience than a movie with a good plot.

Why is it the least Christ-like people on this forum are also the most vocal about their religion?
Name the most least Christ like on this forum.... Your definition of Christ like not withstanding of course.

Forum List

Back