refusing to debate? then i'm refusing to endorse.

Nope. I just don’t want you to be confused.

Any hint of jocularity aside, why on Earth would Trump stoop to “debate” on any stage with Fat Boy?

And then, down the road, there’s no real percentage in it for Trump to debate the stuttering Alzheimer victim, Potato.

Besides, that mumbling, stumbling, fumbling brain dead scumbag isn’t likely to ever work up the nerve to even try to go up against Trump
ALL politicians should face the public-debating test, at EACH election.

refusing to debate?
then i'm refusing to endorse.
We haven't had a real presidential debate since Reagan vs Mondale.

All we have is speechifying by partisan moderators and a series of scripted Q & As many of which will be phrased to be gotcha questions. It is mostly tedious and boring and those that endure to the end don't learn a damn thing.

Trump knows if he is in one all the attention will be on him, how he is to blame for J6, his assumed legal troubles, comments taken out of context and made into something he never said or intended, yadda yadda and it would be an hour or so of attack Trump.

What smart person would want to be part of that?

ALL politicians should face the public-debating test, at EACH election.
Nah. That’s silly.

What our politicians should do, however, is put out clear position papers and respond to appropriate questions from the people.

But calling the self-serving posturing crap spewed out by odious gasbags like Fat Boy a “debate,” is quite entirely dishonest.

because we've weathered tougher storms than the ones we'll be facing this decade.
I disagree.

With technology, propaganda is a cutting-edge science now. With the help of such things as AI and social media that people cannot put down, at no other time in history has the state had such control over people, and it will only get worse.

He can say whatever pops into his head about abortion now. It makes no difference. Women don't trust him. They will not forgive him. The GOP can not count on their share of the women's vote anymore.
lol

The pussy grabbing didn't do the trick?

:p

I disagree.

With technology, propaganda is a cutting-edge science now. With the help of such things as AI and social media that people cannot put down, at no other time in history has the state had such control over people, and it will only get worse.
that "control" is very much like a pendulum. sometimes it leans in the direction of the people, sometimes in the direction of the state.
the 1930s were no different.

Michael Cohen: Trump ‘will do whatever is necessary for him to take power’
Donald Trump saying that he would only behave like a dictator on “day one” of a second presidency is slammed by former Trump attorney Michael Cohen. "He wants to use the presidency of the United States as a 'get out of jail free' card,” Cohen tells Joy Reid.

Remote : Thu, 07 Dec 2023 02:22:54 GMT
Local : 2023-12-07(Thursday) 03 : 22 : 54

Found via NicerApp WebOS

this is also very worrisome, at first glance.
but i am convinced Trump will try to do a good job for all Americans if re-elected.

Nah. That’s silly.

What our politicians should do, however, is put out clear position papers and respond to appropriate questions from the people.

But calling the self-serving posturing crap spewed out by odious gasbags like Fat Boy a “debate,” is quite entirely dishonest.
Amen and amen.

The debates are mostly for the moderators, not the candidates. And it is very rare that anybody gets any useful information from them.

There is an extremely useful and informative website OnTheIssues.org - Candidates on the Issues
that gathers pretty much all the policy positions and statements from all national and some other prominent candidates. I allow that anybody can change their mind or position due to experience or new information so don't dwell much on stuff from years ago. But it is quite useful if you take the time to click on links to see what the candidates positions are or have been.

Your suggestion of a clear position paper on each issue from each candidate running would be excellent too. But generic statements like "we must invest in education" is meaningless. The position statements should be clear on what the candidate means by 'investing in education". How much? In what areas? What would be the definition of success? Plus I want to know how much federal meddling and policy the candidate thinks appropriate when it comes to public education.

What will Trump do without any support in the federal government?

How will he take it all on by himself?

And we all know those he puts around him will stab him in the back like the last batch.

Hmm?
Awww, poor Trump.

Everything is someone else’s fault, not his

The media’s against him, the government’s against him, even his own staff is against him

It must be hard to be such a victim

Forum List

Back