Red states building a nation within a nation

What may be interesting over the next ten or twenty (assuming I'm still alive lol) will be the % of the population in each state with college degrees, and any changes over the time.

Once you Commie Satanic Assholes attacked our Democracy with Russian Collusion and then Hired China to attack us with COVID while your BLM and ANTIFA Allies tried to burn our cities, businesses and neighborhoods down, and you rigged our elections with Maduro Voting Machines and Mass Mail in Balloting, I whole heartedly support Red States leaving The Union entirely and forming a new country called NOT FOR YOU LIBTARD!
Olde man

Please find some relevancy to the issues of the day.

Then why are housing prices so high in California? They are high because people with well educated, high grade intelligence, and consequently high incomes, want to live there.

Yep, that's why one of those folks just moved in next door to me. LMAO

A good summary of the movement to create a sub-culture (or sub-country really) within America by the right. Basically its another assault by the red states to suppress the rights of Americans within their state borders.. last time being Jim Crow. Everything old is new again, or history repeats itself if you prefer.

[IMG]

Red states are building a nation within a nation - CNNPolitics

"It's not at the level of Jim Crow, or certainly the difference between slave states and free states, but the differences are major," says Jake Grumbach, a University of Washington political scientist who studies divergence among the states. And like Kettl, Grumbach believes the economic and political differences between the red and blue states are on track to only widen.

Seen as a whole, the red states' drive to set their own rules, while blocking any interference from either blue-leaning local governments or a Democratic-controlled federal government, represents the broadest effort to carve out a separate sphere of influence since the fierce resistance to reconstruction across the South after the Civil War that ultimately led to Jim Crow segregation, Kettl believes. In some respects, he argues, red states are displaying a greater separatist impulse today than the South did then.

For now, Kettl sees the initial red state Republican goal primarily as consolidating these new rules and blocking any interference -- what he calls "an effort to build very high castle walls with a very deep moat." But like Grumbach and other experts on state policy, Kettl is dubious that Republicans will settle for imposing their values solely on the states now under their control. As the red states pursue a more consistent and coordinated course, Kettl predicts that Republicans will "try to impose [this] policy on the nation as a whole" if they achieve the federal power to do so.

Blue states such as California, New York, Illinois and Colorado have moved forcefully over the past two years to expand many of the liberties now under siege in the red states. But congressional Republicans while in the minority have already introduced proposals that would apply the red state rules across the entire nation on many of these same issues. The new social order red states are now sketching behind their "castle" walls may offer the best preview of what Republicans will try to impose on all states the next time they achieve unified control of the White House and Congress in Washington.
good, hope you stay out of idaho

Very true! The radical left have become a cult of religious zealots, who “cancel” anyone that offends them. Their religion is now the church of Woke.

The divide is already happening. Blue states will be run by the Party of Transgender Extremism, the red states will be for normal Americans who know what pronouns and bathrooms to use naturally.
They are far more puritan than the religious right of the 80s. It's been an interesting thing to watch. The supposed "liberal" side becoming everything classical liberalism opposes

Once you Commie Satanic Assholes attacked our Democracy with Russian Collusion and then Hired China to attack us with COVID while your BLM and ANTIFA Allies tried to burn our cities, businesses and neighborhoods down, and you rigged our elections with Maduro Voting Machines and Mass Mail in Balloting, I whole heartedly support Red States leaving The Union entirely and forming a new country called NOT FOR YOU LIBTARD!
Cool story Bro. And you got almost all the buzz words in there. You only forgot marxist and pedos.

I've no love for progressives, policy wise, but you seriously need to read up on Puritans.
Nah, just because the left tolerates it for gays and drag queens doesn't negate that they also get pissed about anything "objectifying women", cancel culture, destroying of myths/legends/heroes etc

I'd encourage you to read this book sometime by Noah Rothman

The Rise of the New Puritans: Fighting Back Against Progressives' War on Fun​

Like Calif, at one time they were nice places. btw, Calif income taxes are really progressive, so for normal folks, taxes may not be the biggest impediment. Texas .... they have armed guards in donut shops.

We have armed citizens in those shops as well.

So Gosnell isn't in prison for doing partial birth abortions? And the bill proposed by congress wouldn't have allowed it?

You failed to answer the question and deviated to deflection. Where are late term abortions happening for convenience today? I showed you the CDC's report that it is virtually zero.

You failed to answer the question and deviated to deflection. Where are late term abortions happening for convenience today? I showed you the CDC's report that it is virtually zero.

Virtually zero, isn't zero. And there are commie States with zero restrictions.

Forum List

Back