Record heat all across the U.S.

Amusing editorial technique, Chris.

It is amusing.

Facts vs personal attacks.

Guess who wins?

In order to "win" the opponents have to be smart enough to realize their beaten. Never gonna happen here.

Wiping out the ignorance in this venue is about as likely as eliminating an ant colony by pissing on its anthill.

Their ignorance, much like that ant colony, is deep and vast.

Still I admire the economy of your style.

So you win with the people here smart enough to get it.

:lol::lol::lol:

Is it just you that is missing that despite the fact that it's summer, it's also a record breakingly hot summer in the area from whence those reports are coming from?

Or is it that you just don't understand why those records being broken are significant to Chris' point?
Record temperatures are broken nearly every summer in various regions at various times.

Christine's throw-it-against-the-wall-and-hope-it-sticks onslaught still ignores that the average temps in the eleven western states have been below average up until the recent few weeks.

But that would blow his asinine cherry picking of data out of the water.

Cherry picking data? That is all you do.

Record heat across the U.S. during the Sun's lowest activity in 80 years.

The arctic ice is still melting, along with the glaciers. CO2 is still rising, and soon the permafrost will melt releasing the arctic methane.

Is it just you that is missing that despite the fact that it's summer, it's also a record breakingly hot summer in the area from whence those reports are coming from?

Or is it that you just don't understand why those records being broken are significant to Chris' point?
Record temperatures are broken nearly every summer in various regions at various times.

Christine's throw-it-against-the-wall-and-hope-it-sticks onslaught still ignores that the average temps in the eleven western states have been below average up until the recent few weeks.

But that would blow his asinine cherry picking of data out of the water.

The arctic ice is still melting, along with the glaciers. CO2 is still rising, and soon the permafrost will melt releasing the arctic methane.

It's still unseasonably cold here, jerkoff.

Record-setting heat not over yet
Alan Gomez, USA TODAY

Summer heat waves are expected in the South. But in Michigan?
Cities in Wisconsin and Michigan and all the way down to Texas and Florida have been smashing heat records this week: concrete roads buckled, one person was found dead and seven show dogs died. "Records will continue to roll in," said James Wilson, a meteorologist at The Weather Channel.

Wilson said a wide swath of the country is experiencing temperatures ranging 10 to 15 degrees above average.

Some record-setting temperatures set on Wednesday: 96 degrees in Grand Rapids, Mich.; 95 in Traverse City, Mich.; 105 in Austin; 104 in Houston; and 106 in Waco, breaking a record.

Record-setting heat not over yet - USATODAY.com

It's been unseasonably cool all summer long here in New England.

I'm not cherry picking anything asswipe.

The planet isn't now nor has ever been in a bell jar.

Your inanely re-re-re-re-re-repeated platitudes don't prove causality no matter how many times you re-re-re-re-re-repeat them.

Alan Gomez, USA TODAY

Cities in Wisconsin and Michigan and all the way down to Texas and Florida have been smashing heat records this week: concrete roads buckled, one person was found dead and seven show dogs died. "Records will continue to roll in," said James Wilson, a meteorologist at The Weather Channel.

Wilson said a wide swath of the country is experiencing temperatures ranging 10 to 15 degrees above average.

Some record-setting temperatures set on Wednesday: 96 degrees in Grand Rapids, Mich.; 95 in Traverse City, Mich.; 105 in Austin; 104 in Houston; and 106 in Waco, breaking a record.

The melting arctic ice is effecting the salinity of the ocean which will slow down the ocean's heat conveyor which brings heat to New England and Great Britain.

Of course it has been cloudy and rainy in New England which tends to hold the temperatures down.

Alan Gomez, USA TODAY

The melting arctic ice is effecting the salinity of the ocean which will slow down the ocean's heat conveyor which brings heat to New England and Great Britain.

Of course it has been cloudy and rainy in New England which tends to hold the temperatures down.

hasn't been raining in michigan, where it's been unseasonably COLD.

I'm pretty sure that pointing out that it is summer, and during summer the weather is hot, isn't a personal attack, but that's just me.

And here where I live we are having average temperatures with record breaking lows of humidity.
Every summer, somewhere, some heat record is broken.
Every winter, somewhere, some cold record is broken.
Neither is a harbinger of anything.

Yeah, MM, we know.

As does Chris...sorta his point if ya' get my drift.

And here where I live we are having average temperatures with record breaking lows of humidity.

Yeah, MM, we know.

chris has no point, among those of us here smart enough to get it.

still, i admire the inanity of his style.

has it broken 50 in bucksport?

Yeah, MM, we know.

Well, perhaps you're right. I cannot read Chris's mind, del.

I rather thought his posts were sotto voce sarcastically ironic responses to the litany of threads written recently that were telling us that global warming MUST NOT BE TRUE because some parts of North America were rather cool this summer.

Yeah, MM, we know.

I rather thought his posts were sotto voce sarcastically ironic responses to the litany of threads written recently that were telling us that global warming MUST NOT BE TRUE because some parts of North America were rather cool this summer.

:lol:
good one.

Coldest NYC in 50 years: Global Cooling to blame - alt.politics.bush | Google Groups

This is specifically for NY but holds true for all of New England as well.

THIS JUNE IS TIED FOR THE 8TH COOLEST ON RECORD. THE AVERAGE
TEMPERATURE WAS 67.5...3.7 DEGREES BELOW NORMAL...WHICH ALSO
OCCURRED IN 1897.

THIS WAS THE COOLEST JUNE SINCE 1958...WHEN THE AVERAGE TEMPERATURE
WAS 67.2 DEGREES.

BELOW AVERAGE TEMPERATURES OCCURRED ON 23 OUT OF 30 DAYS THIS
JUNE...OR 75 PERCENT OF THE MONTH.

Coldest NYC in 50 years: Global Cooling to blame - alt.politics.bush | Google Groups

This is specifically for NY but holds true for all of New England as well.

THIS JUNE IS TIED FOR THE 8TH COOLEST ON RECORD. THE AVERAGE
TEMPERATURE WAS 67.5...3.7 DEGREES BELOW NORMAL...WHICH ALSO
OCCURRED IN 1897.

THIS WAS THE COOLEST JUNE SINCE 1958...WHEN THE AVERAGE TEMPERATURE
WAS 67.2 DEGREES.

BELOW AVERAGE TEMPERATURES OCCURRED ON 23 OUT OF 30 DAYS THIS
JUNE...OR 75 PERCENT OF THE MONTH.

How dare you not bow down to St. Albert.

Yeah, MM, we know.

Exactly.

Odd thing, if half the locations are cooler than normal, and half are warmer than normal ... that's kind of a balance really ... oh wait ... math doesn't exist in the global alarmist science.

Odd thing, if half the locations are cooler than normal, and half are warmer than normal ... that's kind of a balance really ... oh wait ... math doesn't exist in the global alarmist science.

it doesn't exist in Chris' mind at all.

N_timeseries.png

Meacham, OR had the lowest temp in the nation a few days ago.

And here in my neck of the woods, where we were sweating for weeks on end last year, it's been cloudy, breezy and unseasonably cold all summer.

Global temperatures have fallen over the last decade.

The EPA knows it and has proactively suppressed the reporting of the fact.

You are a blatant liar, Christine.

Dude, where do you get such nonsense. Are you a born liar, or just a braindead sucker for talking points that are baseless?

2007 Was Tied As Earth's Second Warmest Year

2007 Was Tied As Earth's Second Warmest Year
ScienceDaily (Jan. 17, 2008) — Climatologists at the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) in New York City have found that 2007 tied with 1998 for Earth's second warmest year in a century.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Goddard Institute researchers used temperature data from weather stations on land, satellite measurements of sea ice temperature since 1982 and data from ships for earlier years.

The greatest warming in 2007 occurred in the Arctic, and neighboring high latitude regions. Global warming has a larger affect in polar areas, as the loss of snow and ice leads to more open water, which absorbs more sunlight and warmth. Snow and ice reflect sunlight; when they disappear, so too does their ability to deflect warming rays. The large Arctic warm anomaly of 2007 is consistent with observations of record low geographic extent of

Forum List

Back