Reason Magazine Interviews Thomas Massie

Natural Citizen

American Made
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2016
"Why Vote No?" was the topic of the conversation with Congressman Thomas Massie as he discusses his "no" votes on foreign aid, COVID relief, and labelling anti-Zionism antisemitism.

Ayway. Some snips from the interview...

"I have a history of being the only vote that was a 'no...'"

"I've developed some trust with my constituents on those lone votes..."

Discussed were Massies votes against aid to Ukraine and Israel.

Massie says charges of antisemitism are "simply not true" and that his objectives are to avoid "open-ended support" for Israel's war and resist encroachments on free speech.

Aditionally, discussion touched on Massie's attempt to force an in-person congressional vote on a $2.2 trillion COVID-19 relief bill in March 2020, a move which prompted former president Donald Trump to label Massie "a third-rate grandstander" and demand he be kicked out of the Republican Party, while Nancy Pelosi contended that he was a ''dangerous nuisance.'' Massie defeated primary challenger Todd McMurtry 81-19 less than three months later.

"I was just trying to get people on record," says Massie. "The reason I was trying to get people on record is I knew this was one of the worst votes in history and nobody was going to be accountable for it… Here we are three years later, every bad thing that I said would happen as a result of [passing the $2.2 trillion relief package] has happened."

The article inside the April issue...

Video of the interview...

00:50 - Why does renewing Section 702 threaten Americans' privacy?
09:02 - Why does Massie oppose aid for Ukraine?
14:20 - Why did Massie vote against 19 pro-Israel resolutions?
18:10 - Is anti-Zionism antisemitism?
26:12 - What was it like being slammed by Donald Trump for opposing COVID bailouts?
30:08 - Does Congress have any remorse for bad COVID policy?
31:55 - Can we ever tame the national debt?

Last edited:
I'm not up on this Massie guy, but at first sniff it would seem he's not going with the status quo

I'll try and pay attention.......Thx for posting Natty

~S~

He's pretty much the best on Congress, Sparky.

In my view anyway.

I think you'll find the dialogue, though largely absent from mainstream cable news entrtainment programming, both reasonable and agreeable.

For casual passers-by, I think it's well worth the time for anyone interested and unfamiliar/unexposed to meaningful, relevant journalism regarding some of these issues.

Last edited:
I'm not up on this Massie guy, but at first sniff it would seem he's not going with the status quo

Nope. No he is not, Sparky. Never has.

That's why Trump and Pelosi hate him so much.

Again, from the interview...

"I was just trying to get people on record," says Massie. "The reason I was trying to get people on record is I knew this was one of the worst votes in history and nobody was going to be accountable for it… Here we are three years later, every bad thing that I said would happen as a result of [passing the $2.2 trillion relief package] has happened."

Forum List

Back